The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

I’d imagine a fair Chuck of his pay would be covered by insurance. 

I mind looking into this before with Jordan Rossiter - apparently, for a club to get an insurance payout, the player basically has to admit he'll never play again and that his career is fucked.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Unfortunately, Christopher Jullien will go down as the most expensive signing in Scottish football history.

I think you're over-estimating the reach that "CaskieAndrew's" twitter account has.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well yeah, isn't that the ultimate source for "Number of games started"?

Unfortunately, Christopher Jullien will go down as the most expensive signing in Scottish football history.

I just find the idea of Wikipedia as specifically a data source quite funny. It's so caveated around reported figures and, as he says himself, inflation, that it's not really a worthwhile comparison to even attempt imo. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I mind looking into this before with Jordan Rossiter - apparently, for a club to get an insurance payout, the player basically has to admit he'll never play again and that his career is fucked.

That's my understanding as well, can't remember who I was looking it up in reference to. 

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I just find the idea of Wikipedia as specifically a data source quite funny. It's so caveated around reported figures and, as he says himself, inflation, that it's not really a worthwhile comparison to even attempt imo. 

That's my understanding as well, can't remember who I was looking it up in reference to. 

Listen, he's the worst signing in the history of the league, and the numbers prove it. They can't be argued with. Statistics are irrefutable.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

Listen, he's the worst signing in the history of the league, and the numbers prove it. They can't be argued with. Statistics are irrefutable.

Daniel Prodan - £2.5m, 0 games, not sure how you work out price per game for him. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Daniel Prodan - £2.5m, 0 games, not sure how you work out price per game for him. 

Daniel Prodan signed before the Scottish Premiership was established

48 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well yeah, isn't that the ultimate source for "Number of games started"?

Scottish football history you say

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

Daniel Prodan signed before the Scottish Premiership was established

Oops. 

edit - worth every penny. 

613A39D1-C931-4BE3-A864-C68EA868AEF2.jpeg

Edited by Drew Brees

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

well anyone can cheat to win a game of football. that doesn't make you very good

Still doesn’t make the most expensive signing in Scottish football history. 

Edited by Drew Brees

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Scottish football history you say

Oops. 

edit - worth every penny. 

613A39D1-C931-4BE3-A864-C68EA868AEF2.jpeg

He also effectively guaranteed European football after Xmas with a late winner against Lazio too did he not. An absolutely nonsensical suggestion really and would be a main stay for us if he didn’t run at full pelt for a goal line clearance against the post and f**k his knee.

Edited by gannonball

Craig Gordon was facing this decision, I’m sure he had something like a week left before his insurance policy expired to either sign a legal document saying he’d officially retired and take the payout, or write it off and continue trying to get back. Worked out alright in the end.