The Celtic All Seasons thread

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The only this shows how broken the coefficient system is and how using it as some sort of barometer of success is laughable

Liverpool who have reached the Champions League final in 3 of those 5 years winning 1 find themselves 7th? 

In the official UEFA rankings, Liverpool are 2nd overall behind Bayern based on the last 5 years. Liverpool were knocked out in the last 16 in 19/20 meaning they had a low total that season.

6F69DAFF-EFD0-468D-9824-D40AFA24AF17.png

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In the official UEFA rankings, Liverpool are 2nd overall behind Bayern based on the last 5 years. Liverpool were knocked out in the last 16 in 19/20 meaning they had a low total that season.

6F69DAFF-EFD0-468D-9824-D40AFA24AF17.png

Bayern went out in the last 16 in 18/19 and out at the quarters the last 2 seasons in a row so really only further emphasises how broken it is

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Just giving you guys some praise for making the top 20, everything doesn't have to be about point scoring.

So you find some positive news about how well your team have done over the past 4 seasons and your 1st thought is to post it on the Celtic season thread. 

Tampa Bay Sport GIF by ScooterMagruder

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

So you find some positive news about how well your team have done over the past 4 seasons and your 1st thought is to post it on the Celtic season thread. 

Tampa Bay Sport GIF by ScooterMagruder

I apologise for thinking that celtic deserved some praise for getting into the top 20, I never expected this reaction. 

Some folk were just born to argue.

Edited by bennett

38 minutes ago, bennett said:

I apologise for thinking that celtic deserved some praise for getting into the top 20, I never expected this reaction. 

Some folk were just born to argue.

Don’t be disingenuous, if Rangers weren’t sitting higher on that table than Celtic there is no way you would have posted it to say well done.

But well done in coming 2nd, it seems to be where you are most comfortable 

51 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Don’t be disingenuous, if Rangers weren’t sitting higher on that table than Celtic there is no way you would have posted it to say well done.

But well done in coming 2nd, it seems to be where you are most comfortable 

No good deed goes unpunished springs to mind here.

6 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

If they're genuinely interested there's very little we can do to stop him going there unfortunately. We'll want a decent fee with him still having 4 years left on his contract mind. 

That’s our business model. £2.5m and a 5 yr deal for a Croatian international is a great bit of business by Celtic. See ya JJ. 

Wonder would he be a certain starter at Madrid, if he wants to go we cant stop him. I dont think we can replace him this season, the added value of a regular penalty taker/scorer is difficult to replace ontop of how good a rightback he is. Though we could strengthen the team and be better if the money is used to improve more than one position.

Any idea what the sell on is for Warsaw if he goes

Just now, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

image.png.255ab4deeee8026254073b817194c77b.png

lol

Well yeah, isn't that the ultimate source for "Number of games started"?

Unfortunately, Christopher Jullien will go down as the most expensive signing in Scottish football history.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

Well yeah, isn't that the ultimate source for "Number of games started"?

Unfortunately, Christopher Jullien will go down as the most expensive signing in Scottish football history.

I’d imagine a fair chunk of his pay would be covered by insurance. 

Edited by Drew Brees