The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 hours ago, stressball said:

Signing a goal keeper that’s arguably first team level; on a free.

And he’s our back up.

Football business done right.

Dundee United fans weren't bothered about losing Jim he's been that poor last season. That could be entirely down to the fact he'd chucked it due to wanting a move or it could be down to the fact his good 12/15 month spell was a purple patch.

I'd have had him on par with Bain, tbh.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee United fans weren't bothered about losing Jim he's been that poor last season. That could be entirely down to the fact he'd chucked it due to wanting a move or it could be down to the fact his good 12/15 month spell was a purple patch.

I'd have had him on par with Bain, tbh.

😂

I was thinking about juranovic, with champs league football coming up. His experience, reliability in that roles. That we dont have a great left back and he is the most reliable penalty taker we have had in a long time. 

Im not sure I would sell him no matter how much is offered. With 4 years left on contract a good champions league we could get same money next season and have longer to plan to replace him. Though maybe Ange already has a replacement whos available if the offer comes in.

Juranovic himself seems to be shutting this down suggesting he is happy, getting 1st team football which gives him the best chance of playing in the World Cup.

A good Champions League campaign and World Cup could see his value soar if the intent is to cash in but the time to do that isn’t this summer

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Juranovic himself seems to be shutting this down suggesting he is happy, getting 1st team football which gives him the best chance of playing in the World Cup.

A good Champions League campaign and World Cup could see his value soar if the intent is to cash in but the time to do that isn’t this summer

That’s what I was thinking 20M+ easy if both of these happen.

60M if he plays in Govan.

Seems an announcement about the Argentine left back is imminent, noise is Jota has now also agreed personal terms and the big lad Semedo is also looking promising.

Really odd to not even be in July and be talking about new signings for Celtic. It’s just so unlike Celtic.

All of those in and another centre half and i’d be relatively content

Edited by Jinky67

36 minutes ago, bennett said:

In the top 20, you guys did us proud and definitely deserve praise for that achievement. 

why would you post this in the Celtic season thread??

Isn’t this a great European achievement for rangers? 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

why would you post this in the Celtic season thread??

Isn’t this a great European achievement for rangers? 

Just giving you guys some praise for making the top 20, everything doesn't have to be about point scoring.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

In the top 20, you guys did us proud and definitely deserve praise for that achievement. 

The only this shows how broken the coefficient system is and how using it as some sort of barometer of success is laughable

Liverpool who have reached the Champions League final in 3 of those 5 years winning 1 find themselves 7th? 

Edited by Jinky67