The Celtic All Seasons thread

You can be against an action of someone, such as their acceptance of an Order of the British Empire, without being against that person in their totality. @Albus Bulbasaur Go and stop being a bad faith wee slimeball everywhere on this site.

4 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

You can be against an action of someone, such as their acceptance of an Order of the British Empire, without being against that person in their totality. @Albus Bulbasaur Go and stop being a bad faith wee slimeball everywhere on this site.

You mustn't be familiar with the English language then. Look up the defintion of zero then come back to me. 

How about you stop being so precious and put me on ignore you wee shitebag. 

16 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You mustn't be familiar with the English language then. Look up the defintion of zero then come back to me. 

How about you stop being so precious and put me on ignore you wee shitebag. 

You're going out of your way to demand someone accept the literal interpretation of a turn of phrase to prove some point to yourself and think they're the one being precious?

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You're going out of your way to demand someone accept the literal interpretation of a turn of phrase to prove some point to yourself and think they're the one being precious?

I'm not going out of my way to prove any point let alone to myself. 

The point has already decidedly been made by the poster I was laughing at here. FF's post was very precious. 

17 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The forest side you mention was over the course of 3 seasons, the Real team was over 5 seasons. The vote was for a team over single season, that Celtic team won everything they entered, unlike the others you mentioned. 

And, as if said before, that was an absolutely wonderful achievement and makes that Celtic side by some distance the finest ever produced in Scotland.  What it doesn't mean is that they are the finest ever produced in the world.  It really isn't that controversial a statement.  If you can't see that a side whose record in their first five European Cups is Won, Won, Won, Won & Won are operating at a higher level than the side whose first five are Won, Knocked out in the 1st Qualifying Round, Knocked out in the Quarter Final, Runners Up  & Knocked out in the Quarter Final, then the use of reason seems a waste of time.  

58 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

And, as if said before, that was an absolutely wonderful achievement and makes that Celtic side by some distance the finest ever produced in Scotland.  What it doesn't mean is that they are the finest ever produced in the world.  It really isn't that controversial a statement.  If you can't see that a side whose record in their first five European Cups is Won, Won, Won, Won & Won are operating at a higher level than the side whose first five are Won, Knocked out in the 1st Qualifying Round, Knocked out in the Quarter Final, Runners Up  & Knocked out in the Quarter Final, then the use of reason seems a waste of time.  

The point being that the won, won, won, won and won team was made up of different players over the course of 5 years, the vote we’re discussing was for the best side over 1 season, if you can’t understand that then this is definitely a waste of time. 

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Even I can see that the vote is for one season. It matters not what the Real Madrid team did in seasons before or the seasons after, in respect of this vote, it is one season in isolation. Why not start a vote of the greatest club of all time. The only problem with that, is that obviously Rangers would win the vote.

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Even I can see that the vote is for one season. It matters not what the Real Madrid team did in seasons before or the seasons after, in respect of this vote, it is one season in isolation. Why not start a vote of the greatest club of all time. The only problem with that, is that obviously Rangers would win the vote.

The issue with this type of vote is you get wallopers voting for teams they’ve never seen play therefore it becomes a waste of time and more a popularity contest than people voting for the best team.

Realistically, how many BBC website viewers are even aware of the Torino  team from the 1940’s ?

If they done a vote tomorrow for Greatest Ever World Cup Winners England 66 would win it - it’s a load of old shite.

26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If they done a vote tomorrow for Greatest Ever World Cup Winners England 66 would win it 

They'd be right though 'cos they won everything they entered that year and they were aw English!

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

#timmylogic

Yes mate because winning 5 competitions in 1 season is equivalent to winning just the 1 in a competition where every competition is made up of players of the same nationality and it’s not as if 7 other nations have done the same ….. oh wait they have

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

#diddylogic

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yes mate because winning 5 competitions in 1 season is equivalent to winning just the 1 in a competition where every competition is made up of players of the same nationality and it’s not as if 7 other nations have done the same ….. oh wait they have

#diddylogic

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

#diddylogic

Whilst @Mr. Alliis clearly at it, I couldn’t quite decide if @PauloPerth was at it too or just an idiot. I’m also veering towards the latter.

Edited by gannonball

24 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

That’s it official. 

It’s still a nah from me, I didn’t like the original one and I’m not a fan of this one

I do prefer the clover we have been seeing on the away kits recently over the club badge also 

0879D048-4073-4D32-A30D-53EA94FD4B15.jpeg

The trackies are a nice touch.