The Celtic All Seasons thread

23 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

It's the equivalent of John Cleese being quest of honour at a dinner honouring Dawn French & declaring 'The Vicar of Dibley' to be the towering achievement of British sitcom.  Lovely thing to say to faithful, very polite and respectful but utter nonsense. 

OK Kennie.

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Oh young Jinky you may be a master of putting little meme(?)things in posts, a talent that continues to pass me by, but if you genuinely think Celtic's sole European Cup win is a greater acheivement than Nottingham Forest's consecutive triumphs in the late 70s then you probably know less about football than Owen Wilson.

To take you back to a while ago when you took umbrage to me saying Celtics 1967 win was unequalled then answer me this.

In either of those years did Nottingham Forest win every single trophy they played for?

In either of those years did Nottingham Forest win with 11 Englishmen all born within 30 miles of Nottingham?

If the answer to any of the above is no then you have my answer and it’s pretty obvious the view isn’t just exclusive to me or Celtic fans or people just wouldn’t bother their arse voting for these things or offering an opinion would they? It seems a far as opinions go it’s you dear Kennie who seems to be pishing into the wind

I wish I could say I’m sorry that this seems to rattle you but I’m not, it’s pretty funny.

And below is a picture of the greatest club side to exist should you ever forget who they are 😉💚

644B707B-1B92-485F-9FDC-07BCB541149F.jpeg

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Not if he genuinely thinks Celtic winning the European Cup is the greatest achievement in the history of football he doesn't.  

I’ve seen some shit takes however to suggest Sir Alex Ferguson knows less about football than tedious Kenny from P&B is comedy fucking gold. 

“Pep get your jacket son, Kennies coming down to show you how it’s done”

Champions League Football GIF by BT Sport

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

No one gets away with criticising celtic on Jinky's watch.

Technically Bennett I’m standing up for the integrity of a former Rangers player 😉

Edited by Jinky67

On 04/06/2022 at 18:12, Jinky67 said:

To take you back to a while ago when you took umbrage to me saying Celtics 1967 win was unequalled then answer me this.

In either of those years did Nottingham Forest win every single trophy they played for?

In either of those years did Nottingham Forest win with 11 Englishmen all born within 30 miles of Nottingham?

If the answer to any of the above is no then you have my answer and it’s pretty obvious the view isn’t just exclusive to me or Celtic fans or people just wouldn’t bother their arse voting for these things or offering an opinion would they? It seems a far as opinions go it’s you dear Kennie who seems to be pishing into the wind

I wish I could say I’m sorry that this seems to rattle you but I’m not, it’s pretty funny.

And below is a picture of the greatest club side to exist should you ever forget who they are 😉💚

644B707B-1B92-485F-9FDC-07BCB541149F.jpeg

I see no Puskas, no Di Stefano, no Cruyff, no Neeskens. You are not showing a picture of the greatest club side ever. And as I saw all of those pictured above play in the flesh I am unlikely to forget who they are. You appear to be under the illusion that a team's greatness is dependent on their members all being born within a certain radius of the club's ground. A bizarre and utterly illogical criteria. My assertion that Nottingham Forest have a legitimate claim to be a greater club side than Celtic is based purely on the fact that their winning of promotion, the English championship and two European Cups in successive seasons was an achievement at a higher level of difficulty than winning the Scottish League, Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup , Glasgow Cup & European Cup.  As is Real Madrid's five consecutive European Cups from 1955/56. What Celtic of 67-72 can claim to be is the greatest Scottish club side to ever exist. That is beyond dispute. That they were the first British & non-latin club to win the European Cup is a wonderful feat and can never be taken away from them.......but all to that does not make them the greatest club side in the world ever.  Why can't Celtic fans just accept those well deserved accolades instead of trying to be bigger and better and 'firster' and 'localer' than all other clubs ?

On 04/06/2022 at 18:19, Jinky67 said:

I’ve seen some shit takes however to suggest Sir Alex Ferguson knows less about football than tedious Kenny from P&B is comedy fucking gold. 

“Pep get your jacket son, Kennies coming down to show you how it’s done”

Champions League Football GIF by BT Sport

Well if Alex Ferguson genuinely believes Celtic winning the European Cup trumps Forest & the Real of Puskas, Di Stefano etc then I can but disagree....Is that not allowed ??

6 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

I see no Puskas, no Di Stefano, no Cruyff, no Neeskens. You are not showing a picture of the greatest club side ever. And as I saw all of those pictured above play in the flesh I am unlikely to forget who they are. You appear to be under the illusion that a team's greatness is dependent on their members all being born within a certain radius of the club's ground. A bizarre and utterly illogical criteria. My assertion that Nottingham Forest have a legitimate claim to be a greater club side than Celtic is based purely on the fact that their winning of promotion, the English championship and two European Cups in successive seasons was an achievement at a higher level of difficulty than winning the Scottish League, Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup , Glasgow Cup & European Cup.  As is Real Madrid's five consecutive European Cups from 1955/56. What Celtic of 67-72 can claim to be is the greatest Scottish club side to ever exist. That is beyond dispute. That they were the first British & non-latin club to win the European Cup is a wonderful feat and can never be taken away from them.......but all to that does not make them the greatest club side in the world ever.  Why can't Celtic fans just accept those well deserved accolades instead of trying to be bigger and better and 'firster' and 'localer' than all other clubs ?

Again you avoided answering the question

And you mean like this one of Cesar and Di Stefano when Celtic…….sorry Jimmy Johnstone single handedly took them to pieces?

Want another try?

A3B7D146-78FF-4E03-BD5C-10F22878DEB9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Well if Alex Ferguson genuinely believes Celtic winning the European Cup trumps Forest & the Real of Puskas, Di Stefano etc then I can but disagree....Is that not allowed ??

You don’t seem to want to extend me the same courtesy regarding the Lisbon Lions make your mind up Kennie.

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

The forest side you mention was over the course of 3 seasons, the Real team was over 5 seasons. The vote was for a team over single season, that Celtic team won everything they entered, unlike the others you mentioned. 

Edited by Drew Brees

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Stop being a weirdo and tagging me into post thinking it’s somehow going to help your daft wee argument 

Help an argument? There is no argument petal. 

You said you had zero respect for anyone that had recieved awards from the royals, I pointed out former celtc heroes had and you doubled down. 

Having zero respect for Billy McNeill is mind blowing to me but perhaps you are that much of a weirdo. 

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You said you had zero respect for anyone that had recieved awards from the royals, I pointed out former celtc heroes had and you doubled down. 

Having zero respect for Billy McNeill is mind blowing to me but perhaps you are that much of a weirdo. 

I don’t care about your argument 

Stop being a weirdo

14 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Paul McStay and Danny McGrain also have MBE’s and nobody can question their dedication and service to Celtic and Scotland. 

I cannot understand how any Celtic fans would not respect guys like them and Big Billy. What a mental attitude to have just because they received an award from the Queen.

Tbh I’m older now and I think a lot of the younger fans will have more respect for guys like Sutton and Hartson and will follow them on social media due to their controversial mutterings rather than honouring and respecting legends like those 3 guys.

50 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

There isn't an argument... 

You evidently do care as you're lashing out and your head is on the verge of leaving your neck. 

I had a look for that wee exchange this morning as I left it after you (rightly) pointed out Larsson etc. 

Which topic was it on - or was it deleted?

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

I had a look for that wee exchange this morning as I left it after you (rightly) pointed out Larsson etc. 

Which topic was it on - or was it deleted?

It was in the Axe The Monarchy thread in General Discussion.

The big man is beaming in that photo.