The Celtic All Seasons thread

55 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Either of those city players would be good. Itakura would be bought I presume? Taylor a loan?

Probably, apparently Itakura fancies himself as more of a 6 than a centre half, quite a lot of noise about getting Ryan Mmaee from Ferencvaros also.

Edited by Jinky67

22 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Wonderful, kind and generous words from Sir Alex there. He certainly knows his audience.  And while Celtic 1967 is without a doubt the finest feat in Scottish football history it may be stretching it just a tad to call it the greatest feat In all of football since the dawn of the game. Time and patience prevent me from listing all football acheivements which have the edge on Celtic's Lisbon triumph, but I would suggest all objective analysis would place Real Madrid's five European Cups on the spin from 1955 &: Nottingham Forest winning promotion to the English top flight, becoming English champions then winning & retaining the European Cup ,all in successive seasons , as being on a higher level of miraculous than Celtics sole European Cup.

On 26/05/2022 at 14:41, kennie makevin said:

Wonderful, kind and generous words from Sir Alex there. He certainly knows his audience.  And while Celtic 1967 is without a doubt the finest feat in Scottish football history it may be stretching it just a tad to call it the greatest feat In all of football since the dawn of the game. Time and patience prevent me from listing all football acheivements which have the edge on Celtic's Lisbon triumph, but I would suggest all objective analysis would place Real Madrid's five European Cups on the spin from 1955 &: Nottingham Forest winning promotion to the English top flight, becoming English champions then winning & retaining the European Cup ,all in successive seasons , as being on a higher level of miraculous than Celtics sole European Cup.

No Christmas card from Parkhead for you this year...

On 29/05/2022 at 18:45, Clown Job said:

Down to 10 since the 40th minute only to win it in extra time 

Well done 

I watched that and it was a well-deserved win for the 'ghirls'.  Glasgow City have gone backwards over the course of the season and I am not convinced that their new coach knows how to get a tune out of them.

I predict a two-filly race for the SWPL title next season.

I watched that and it was a well-deserved win for the 'ghirls'.  Glasgow City have gone backwards over the course of the season and I am not convinced that their new coach knows how to get a tune out of them.
I predict a two-filly race for the SWPL title next season.

It won’t be a canter that’s for sure.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

English football has been dominated by two fantastic club sides over the past few seasons - Manchester City and Liverpool.

Both sides fell just short of historic seasons though. With a week to go Liverpool were chasing an unprecedented quadruple but, after their 1-0 Champions League defeat by Real Madrid, they end with just the Carabao Cup and FA Cup.

I assume he’s talking about ‘in England’. 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Karamoko Dembele a free agent as of today, shame he never lived up to the hype, too many injuries and not enough chances to price himself. Needs 1st team football somewhere. 

I trust the manager and he clearly didn’t rate him higher than Abada, looked to have tons of promise so maybe wonder if it’s down to attitude or application