The Celtic All Seasons thread

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

And so you should have. Totally off piste with what you were previously discussing mind you.

Ok David, Jota had a decent season is he better or worse than Sinclair or Elyounoussi hmm maybe not but the potential is there in his first and maybe last season at Celtic.

PS. Abada has had probably a better season with 15 goals 11 assists in 54 games but not as nice looking.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

We’re not ashamed or embarrassed, every one of us would’ve done the same. That defeat was huge, a sliding doors moment that had it gone the other way -

would’ve seen them get automatic qualification into CL group stages, in pot 1 and a Min £10m from the super cup, both these along with the Europa cup run wouldve seen their entire debt wiped clean and prob a better bank balance than us, plus all the merchandise sales. A win would have got them close to £70m

Prob ditched those meaningless 5 stars and changed it to 2 big stars on their shirts, which would eclipse Aberdeen’s 2 stars. 

An open too bus through the city with a city chambers event and all the players passing around the trophy to a packed George sq.

Years of boring claims about the Seville result being better than Lisbon.

Aaron Ramsay walking away as a good signing.

Kris Boyd's smug b*****d face.

Guys like Arfield, Golson, Kent etc being called European champions at every opportunity by Scottish media. 

**** repeating the league didn’t matter over and over. 

Congrats from Johnston, Lorraine Kelly, Belinda Carlisle etc etc as well as every shitty club down south from Carlisle to Portsmouth. 

Billboards all over Glasgow and beyond,

Tav on the Graham Norton show.

No1 single in the charts.

Appearance in the sports personality of the year show. 

A summer of speculation of which stars would be jetting in to sign on to boost their champions league push. 

All speculation of course but thank f**k for Frankfurt, now my favourite German team by a country mile. 

Yes we couldn't dare have any of the above because everything always has to be about Celtic.  Is Feyenoord your favourite Dutch team by a country mile ? Porto your favourite Portuguese ? Glass houses and stone throwers come to mind here. 

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

56 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ok David, Jota had a decent season is he better or worse than Sinclair or Elyounoussi hmm maybe not but the potential is there in his first and maybe last season at Celtic.

Agreed as much I have enjoyed Jota this season I think a few Celtic fans are getting carried away and I see him similarly to as Mo was for us. Mo was a more complete player but Jota is a couple of years younger than Mo was when he came so more potential to improve.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Agreed as much I have enjoyed Jota this season I think a few Celtic fans are getting carried away and I see him similarly to as Mo was for us. Mo was a more complete player but Jota is a couple of years younger than Mo was when he came so more potential to improve.

gonnae-no.gif.ee9ed536a573a7f33fe6104f3acbabd3.gif

Anyway,like everything these things are subjective would I want him to sign yes, Jota's best moments for me was the ball to Kyogo against Fenencvaros plus the goal in Leverkusen.

18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

gonnae-no.gif.ee9ed536a573a7f33fe6104f3acbabd3.gif

Anyway,like everything these things are subjective would I want him to sign yes, Jota's best moments for me was the ball to Kyogo against Fenencvaros plus the goal in Leverkusen.

Yeah even he had a season with I think we could really find his MoJo, imo.

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah even he had a season with I think we could really find his MoJo, imo.

Improvement on Jota would be more clinical in front of goal and to work on his defensive duties even Sinclair struggled with that.
Jota did go missing in a few sevco games but was better in the last one,there is definitely more positives than negatives 70-30. 

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Yes we couldn't dare have any of the above because everything always has to be about Celtic.  Is Feyenoord your favourite Dutch team by a country mile ? Porto your favourite Portuguese ? Glass houses and stone throwers come to mind here. 

That reply would only make sense if I wasn’t a Celtic fan. 

Edited by Drew Brees

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I don’t think it makes any sense regardless tbh.

What it means is that Celtic's European final defeats in 1970 & 2003 were far more comprehensive than anything Rangers suffered on Wednesday night so really nothing for Celtic fans to crow about. There, that wasn't too difficult, was it.

39 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

What it means is that Celtic's European final defeats in 1970 & 2003 were far more comprehensive than anything Rangers suffered on Wednesday night so really nothing for Celtic fans to crow about. There, that wasn't too difficult, was it.

Nope, still comes across as utter nonsense. The opinion you’ve expressed here has nothing to do with the post you quoted. 

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Nope, still comes across as utter nonsense. The opinion you’ve expressed here has nothing to do with the post you quoted. 

Nope, can't agree... Celtic being utterly annihilated by Feyenoord on 1970 is fact not utter nonsense. Celtic being comfortably beaten by Porto in 2003 is also fact. The utter nonsense is the post that prompted my reply.  A predictable and slightly tedious howl of hate from a Celtic fan who must know that their team will in all likelihood never again reach a European final.

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Sounds impressive until you realise that 6 of these goals were scored against Aberdeen and Dundee.

The 2 goals he scored at Aberdeen were massive in the context of the season, just saying he scored 6 against them doesn’t really tell the full story.

38 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Nope, can't agree... Celtic being utterly annihilated by Feyenoord on 1970 is fact not utter nonsense. Celtic being comfortably beaten by Porto in 2003 is also fact. The utter nonsense is the post that prompted my reply.  A predictable and slightly tedious howl of hate from a Celtic fan who must know that their team will in all likelihood never again reach a European final.

I very much doubt you are old enough to be around in 1970 or even had the desire to watch the game in its entirety and to even suggest we were comfortably beaten by Porto is shite wum patter. And let’s not forget just how good that Porto team was 

The more you post the most of a tedious gobshite you become 

Edited by Jinky67

55 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

What’s that got to do with my relief that they lost and reasons why?? 

Also we lost 3-2 in extra time and had a man sent off, doesn’t sound like a comfortable win for Porto. 

Edited by Drew Brees

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The 2 goals he scored at Aberdeen were massive in the context of the season, just saying he scored 6 against them doesn’t really tell the full story.

Not denying that, but Wee Willy was saying what a great season Jota had and one of the reasons for that was that he scored 13 goals. I was simply pointing out that 46% of these goals were scored against Aberdeen and Dundee, two of the easiest defences to score against this season.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not denying that, but Wee Willy was saying what a great season Jota had and one of the reasons for that was that he scored 13 goals. I was simply pointing out that 46% of these goals were scored against Aberdeen and Dundee, two of the easiest defences to score against this season.

Aberdeen were actually 6th for goals conceded. I must admit I’m still miffed as to how they had such a bad season considering some of the performances against us and the ****.

25 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Aberdeen were actually 6th for goals conceded. I must admit I’m still miffed as to how they had such a bad season considering some of the performances against us and the ****.

You’re right, we didn’t lose loads but the ones that we did lose were generally abysmal.

I have zero time for either arse cheek but Porto spent the last 5 minutes plus added on time rolling about pretending to be hurt because they were shitting themselves anytime the ball went near Henrik Larsson. They were happy to go to pelantys before Derlei (?, sic, I think it was him) scored in ET, and were timewasting throughout so to  suggest they were well beaten is nonsense.