The Celtic All Seasons thread

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I never actually thought about it that way. I have said on here I would stop going to games if we ever were allowed in the EPL but the idea of seeing Celtic in Europe with an England flag beside their name is  :blink:

Although I did see a Joe Hart CSC on a St. George flag on trophy day which I thought was a nice touch tbh.

Im the same, I dont want Celtic in the EPL. All the english clubs are completely souless nowadays due to the EPL.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

How much did it cost to clean up the street party,  we heard plenty about the costs last season from Suzy and Co. 

Not a lot, plenty more of these on twitter should you care to look.

55 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I never actually thought about it that way. I have said on here I would stop going to games if we ever were allowed in the EPL but the idea of seeing Celtic in Europe with an England flag beside their name is  :blink:

Although I did see a Joe Hart CSC on a St. George flag on trophy day which I thought was a nice touch tbh.

We struggle with having a Scots team with Irish heritage feck putting English in there tae.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Doing a poll that you know the answer too, makes sense David.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Does this mean they're more English than Welsh?
This is the reason Celtic should never consider leaving Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

You can be abused in this country for having the wrong surname still…. And not just after a street party that was cleaned up within 12 hours 

Nice of you to try and put the blame onto others though. 

A Scottish person getting bullied by Scottish people over his surname. 

My heart bleeds. Quite the injustice. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Where exactly was I wrong, and what different narrative am I going down? 

Does this mean they're more English than Welsh?
This is the reason Celtic should never consider leaving Scotland. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Why don’t you take a poll of the fans of the Welsh clubs mentioned and ask their fans if they consider themselves Welsh or English?

47 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Doing a poll that you know the answer too, makes sense David.

The fact you're debating it proves you have a problem with it David,for me it isn't an issue.
You're the one that went down the rabbit hole M8.

The fact you're debating it proves you have a problem with it David,for me it isn't an issue.
You're the one that went down the rabbit hole M8.

A problem with what, and please be specific? (20 marks). Sorry, but I’m invigilating this month.

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

You can be abused in this country for having the wrong surname still…. And not just after a street party that was cleaned up within 12 hours 

Nice of you to try and put the blame onto others though.  

Yes indeed, ask Asian Scots about abuse for their surname but racist vermin are racist vermin and they are indiscriminate in their attacks.  That, I'm sure, we can agree on.

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

A Scottish person getting bullied by Scottish people over his surname. 

My heart bleeds. Quite the injustice. 

But that’s not really the point is it? I’m Scottish but my great grandparents were Irish. Should me and thousands of others Scottish people who have similar Irish backgrounds not be proud of that and celebrate it?

Your mob are Scottish too  and try to ram “Britishness” down everyone’s throat.

I’m Scottish - not British.

6 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

But that’s not really the point is it? I’m Scottish but my great grandparents were Irish. Should me and thousands of others Scottish people who have similar Irish backgrounds not be proud of that and celebrate it?

What's the point he was making that I've missed? 

To clarify, you can celebrate whatever you want or however you choose to identify as.

My point as someone who's more Irish than you and Clown Job is that the other posters questions or objections surrounding the Irish flag aren't an attack on Ireland or Irish heritage like some Scottish people are trying to frame it. 

They're attacking celtc, not  Ireland, and saying they think it's weird much in the same way they'd probably attack Rangers and say our identity with the UK is weird to them. 

Also if you're Scottish you're also British (even if you don't want to identify as such) which isn't the case with Ireland so there is some difference in that respect on why some may question either club and their identities. 

13 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Well, this is the relevant point isn’t it. You’re both guilty of ramming your respective associations down everyone’s throat. 

That’s what people have an issue with, not with the fact that they have Irish heritage or celebrate it. Because seriously who cares? 

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well, this is the relevant point isn’t it. You’re both guilty of ramming your respective associations down everyone’s throat. 

That’s what people have an issue with, not with the fact that they have Irish heritage or celebrate it. Because seriously who cares? 

Good we have traditions deal with it,yet people have a issue with it so what. 
Accept it and move on.
1a0afs.jpg.6780318eeca30f3304d96d621f85f785.jpg

Edited by wastecoatwilly

11 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

What's the point he was making that I've missed? 

To clarify, you can celebrate whatever you want or however you choose to identify as.

My point as someone who's more Irish than you and Clown Job is that the other posters questions or objections surrounding the Irish flag aren't an attack on Ireland or Irish heritage like some Scottish people are trying to frame it. 

They're attacking celtc, not  Ireland, and saying they think it's weird much in the same way they'd probably attack Rangers and say our identity with the UK is weird to them. 

Also if you're Scottish you're also British (even if you don't want to identify as such) which isn't the case with Ireland so there is some difference in that respect on why some may question either club and their identities. 

You boiled his point down to “Scottish person getting bullied by another Scottish person” It’s not really that simple is it. If you’re more Irish than Clown Job and I, I have friends who are more English(or Scottish)  than you who get called “Feenyin” because of their surnames. 

I’m going to take a wild guess here. You’re Irish heritage is from Northern Ireland  isn’t it?

I’m Scottish. I don’t want be part of Britain. Hopefully in my lifetime my children and I won’t be. When people ask where I was born I don’t say Britain. When I’m abroad if a nice foreign person asks where I’m from I don’t say Britain. Most forms I fill in have Scotland as on option on the country list.

I’m fucking Scottish, capice? ;) 

^^^ and Italian obv.

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Folk propably don’t have an issue with it, correct. Some Rangers fans do.
I agree no one should care.