The Celtic All Seasons thread

25 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

What went on in George Square last year & Glasgow Cross this year was not people celebrating Irish heritage but people celebrating the football team they support becoming champions of Scotland.  Which they are totally entitled to do in a free society. Certain folk get annoyed about the disturbance, vandalism, tribal aggression that goes along with these gatherings which can make going about your normal business in a public space uncomfortable and inconvenient. Again people are free to feel that way.  I would suggest that if Scots Asians left the same kind of anti social litter strewn decay in their wake after Eid for example, I'm sure they would come under intense scrutiny. But they don't cause such disturbance so don't attract such scrutiny.  The constant tarring of those who don't wish their city to act as some kind of proxy stand-in for the tragedy of the north of Ireland in the 1970's as being agents of anti-Irish racism just because Rangers or Celtic win the league, is becoming tedious.  

You can be abused in this country for having the wrong surname still…. And not just after a street party that was cleaned up within 12 hours 

Nice of you to try and put the blame onto others though. 

Just now, Clown Job said:

You can be abused in this country for having the wrong surname still…. And not just after a street party that was cleaned up within 12 hours 

Nice of you to try and put the blame onto others though. 

How much did it cost to clean up the street party,  we heard plenty about the costs last season from Suzy and Co. 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

How much did it cost to clean up the street party,  we heard plenty about the costs last season from Suzy and Co. 

Don’t worry about it. We control the refs, the Scottish media and the government so it’ll be completely free of charge.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

When Swansea played in Europe they came under as being English though. I’m pretty sure I have seen a Cardiff City FC flag with a St. George background. Swansea City have the odd Union Jack in their crowd too.

National Identity isn’t as simple as you make out otherwise the world would be a lot more harmonious than it currently is.

You, as in the collective “you”, are a set of fans apart.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Where exactly was I wrong, and what different narrative am I going down? 

Your claim about a football clubs identity which has been disproven by a few people on here. Looking back  actually your narrative hasn’t changed much just rephrasing it a bit in the hope that no one pulls you up again.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Does this mean they're more English than Welsh?
This is the reason Celtic should never consider leaving Scotland. 

I never actually thought about it that way. I have said on here I would stop going to games if we ever were allowed in the EPL but the idea of seeing Celtic in Europe with an England flag beside their name is  :blink:

Although I did see a Joe Hart CSC on a St. George flag on trophy day which I thought was a nice touch tbh.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yet you’ll regularly hear people including some on this forum say Celtic and it’s fans should just go to Ireland 

Not quite up with the famine song mind you but they’ll tell still you with a straight face anti Irish / Catholicism doesn’t exist in this country or it’s limited to football.

You’re just playing the victim if you suggest it does 

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Your claim about a football clubs identity which has been disproven by a few people on here. Looking back  actually your narrative hasn’t changed much just rephrasing it a bit in the hope that no one pulls you up again.

If I’m getting on your goat then it pleases me. Fans like no other, and I’m sure you’ll take that as a compliment.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Yet you’ll regularly hear people including some on this forum say Celtic and it’s fans should just go to Ireland 

Not quite up with the famine song mind you but they’ll tell still you with a straight face anti Irish / Catholicism doesn’t exist in this country or it’s limited to football.

You’re just playing the victim if you suggest it does 

Not sure who says that you should go to Ireland, but us diddy fans just want you out of our league. Where exactly you go matters not.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why don’t you take a poll of the fans of the Welsh clubs mentioned and ask their fans if they consider themselves Welsh or English?

Just now, kingjoey said:

If I’m getting on your goat then it pleases me. Fans like no other, and I’m sure you’ll take that as a compliment.

Ah being wrong then pretending you were winding people up, the Kris Boyd method is not a good look tbh.

Just now, gannonball said:

Ah being wrong then pretending you were winding people up, the Kris Boyd method is not a good look tbh.

You love interpreting stuff to your own ends. Never pretended to wind anyone up, but if it works for you...