The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I think you’ll find that they all play their home matches in Wales and identify as being Welsh.

When Swansea played in Europe they came under as being English though. I’m pretty sure I have seen a Cardiff City FC flag with a St. George background. Swansea City have the odd Union Jack in their crowd too.

National Identity isn’t as simple as you make out otherwise the world would be a lot more harmonious than it currently is.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

When Swansea played in Europe they came under as being English though. I’m pretty sure I have seen a Cardiff City FC flag with a St. George background. Swansea City have the odd Union Jack in their crowd too.

National Identity isn’t as simple as you make out otherwise the world would be a lot more harmonious than it currently is.

Suspect for europe they’d have to because their coefficient is partly based on the league they play in.

16 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Why does it matter how people celebrate their cultural heritage?

Why is Scottish society so hostile towards people who celebrate Irish Heritage…. Why most importantly who do they need to justify the reasons behind it?

Asian Scots for example certainly don’t come under this type of scrutiny when celebrating heritage 

But Irish? It causes meltdowns for a large number of people. 

What went on in George Square last year & Glasgow Cross this year was not people celebrating Irish heritage but people celebrating the football team they support becoming champions of Scotland.  Which they are totally entitled to do in a free society. Certain folk get annoyed about the disturbance, vandalism, tribal aggression that goes along with these gatherings which can make going about your normal business in a public space uncomfortable and inconvenient. Again people are free to feel that way.  I would suggest that if Scots Asians left the same kind of anti social litter strewn decay in their wake after Eid for example, I'm sure they would come under intense scrutiny. But they don't cause such disturbance so don't attract such scrutiny.  The constant tarring of those who don't wish their city to act as some kind of proxy stand-in for the tragedy of the north of Ireland in the 1970's as being agents of anti-Irish racism just because Rangers or Celtic win the league, is becoming tedious.  

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo