The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m sure he’ll also have spoken to Morrison and Hepburn about their experience in moving to a massive club in Bayern and the positive impact it’s had on their career and both are now moving through the ranks.

Its great to see young Scottish lads moving to massive clubs as it shows a lot of self confidence. Obviously as you said the money is a factor too.

Good luck to the kid.

Morrison I think if he had stayed would possibly be a first team player for us now. He was rated well ahead of Welsh and was just about to break through when he agreed to sign for Bayern Munich. Welsh instead  got his chance and has played a fair few games and is now Scotland u-21 captain. 

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Morrison I think if he had stayed would possibly be a first team player for us now. He was rated well ahead of Welsh and was just about to break through when he agreed to sign for Bayern Munich. Welsh instead  got his chance and has played a fair few games and is now Scotland u-21 captain. 

Morrison has made the breakthrough into the Bayern II team which is a big breakthrough and he’s getting really good reviews. Hopefully it works out for him and Hepburn. Imagine a Scotland team with two Bayern players in it 😂.

Fair point about Welsh as he’s getting experience of first team football. Did Welsh turn down a loan move to Serie A or did I imagine that ?

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Morrison has made the breakthrough into the Bayern II team which is a big breakthrough and he’s getting really good reviews. Hopefully it works out for him and Hepburn. Imagine a Scotland team with two Bayern players in it 😂.

Fair point about Welsh as he’s getting experience of first team football. Did Welsh turn down a loan move to Serie A or did I imagine that ?

I don’t know how much of a say he really had tbh think we turned it down before it had the chance. He is essentially our 3rd choice centre back back and our 4th (Julien) is still really yet to prove he’s the same player again and the lack of game time would sadly suggest he’s not. I don’t rate Welsh massively but I think that would have been a good opportunity for him.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I don’t know how much of a say he really had tbh think we turned it down before it had the chance. He is essentially our 3rd choice centre back back and our 4th (Julien) is still really yet to prove he’s the same player again and the lack of game time would sadly suggest he’s not. I don’t rate Welsh massively but I think that would have been a good opportunity for him.

Yes there aren’t many better places for a young defender to learn his trade than Italy. Could have been a great opportunity for him but obviously not to be.

10 minutes ago, stressball said:

Something that’s he’s very obsessed about, but only when it comes to one particular club.

Yeah he was dropping sly references in the Rangers thread about what we should be more worried about.

However he outed himself as an absolute fucking weapon on that thread.

Edited by Jinky67

Yeah he was dropping sly references in the Rangers thread about what we should be more worried about.
However he outed himself as an absolute fucking weapon on that thread.
Once again, the poster recently claimed to be 53 years old, for context.

well that was highly enjoyable day, we played well and I dont think we were at our best today but we attcked well 1st half especially and we defended well 2nd half and still created better chances to score. Calmac was superb, to go a goal down that early someone needed to step up and it was him that created that goal even if it went through a few players after him before being scored. rangers looked a bit spooked we equalised so quickly. Hes been a far better captain than I thought he would be and he will grow into that role. I think Taylor did well at times , some great tackles but overall we can improve in that position but he would be good squad player to keep. We are still a bit lightweight I think or we would have won that easier. Maeda work rate is unreal. Vickers is brilliant.  Rogic was great and surprisingly ORiley wasnt good. We will keep improving hopefully some young players come through and a couple buys in summer and get rid of a few players who wont get a chance. Next game is just as important as today though, one game at a time.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

17 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

well that was highly enjoyable day, we played well and I dont think we were at our best today but we attcked well 1st half especially and we defended well 2nd half and still created better chances to score. Calmac was superb, to go a goal down that early someone needed to step up and it was him that created that goal even if it went through a few players after him before being scored. rangers looked a bit spooked we equalised so quickly. Hes been a far better captain than I thought he would be and he will grow into that role. I think Taylor did well at times , some great tackles but overall we can improve in that position but he would be good squad player to keep. We are still a bit lightweight I think or we would have won that easier. Maeda work rate is unreal. Vickers is brilliant.  Rogic was great and surprisingly ORiley wasnt good. We will keep improving hopefully some young players come through and a couple buys in summer and get rid of a few players who wont get a chance. Next game is just as important as today though, one game at a time.

One of the best feelings for a considerable number of years considering how they laughed at us when

• We fell apart last season
  • we lost our captain and the spine of our first team
  • Eddie Howe knocked us back ( GIRFUY to him too)
  • we lost not 1 but 2 CEO’s
  • We appointed a manager who hadn’t even worked in this hemisphere and predicted he would last 6 months or less
  • We lost 3 of our 1st 6 domestic games
  • Signed a number of players from Japan

Are they laughing today? Are they f**k 

image.gif

On 26/03/2022 at 15:23, Buckets said:

Bounce game between Celtic and Motherwell today but no sign of Kyogo. Don't think he will be playing at all next Sunday but the Greek striker is in form so won't be too much of a worry. 

Heard his hamstring went again.