The Celtic All Seasons thread

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Celtic signed a new Head of Sports Science at the start of the season. The injuries we are picking up is due to players being overplayed due to lack of squad depth and long term injuries in key positions. We have played something like 35/36 games this season with a pretty thread bare squad at times, to be expected imo

Sorry, I was aware of that, I meant a new one to replace him.

Regarding the squad, appreciate you’ve had injuries however over 30 players have played some part for the first team this season and with the 3 new lads + Dembele and Julien, you’ve been nowhere near as stretched as the likes of Dundee and St Mirren who couldn’t fill their bench in certain games.

46 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

All in key positions too. We badly needed a left back which Hatate is, looking forward to seeing him and Jota link up down the left hand side. With Maeda coming in makes me wonder if Kyogo will be pushed out wide to his more natural position?

With Julien and Dembele also back in training and likely available for selection come the 17th it will be like another 2 new signings so bodes well for the run in.

What you badly need is better recruitment and to stop signing mediocre players on 4/5 year deals..

You paid £3m for Bolingoli and over £1 million for Taylor. Boli's been 4th or 5th choice LB at Celtic. Even Scales started ahead of him on Sunday. What a waste of money!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

25 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

What you badly need is better recruitment and to stop signing mediocre players on 4/5 year deals..

You paid £3m for Bolingoli and over £1 million for Taylor. Boli's been 4th or 5th choice LB at Celtic. Even Scales started ahead of him on Sunday. What a waste of money!

Thankfully Nick Hammond who was the head of recruitment responsible for those signings left with Neil Lennon. 

I imagine offloading the likes of Bolingoli, Ajeti and Barkas will be one of the top priorities also 

Can’t argue we have wasted millions on some utter dross over the past couple of years, we do get some right though, Frimpong being one if you look at the return we got 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Thankfully Nick Hammond who was the head of recruitment responsible for those signings left with Neil Lennon. 

I imagine offloading the likes of Bolingoli, Ajeti and Barkas will be one of the top priorities also 

Uroghide, Soro, Shaw and perhaps McCarthy too?

They can't be happy being stuck on the bench or in the stands by Ange.

13 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Uroghide, Soro, Shaw and perhaps McCarthy too?

They can't be happy being stuck on the bench or in the stands by Ange.

Uroghide, Shaw and McCarthy were all free if I recall. Soro in the region of £800k so not really in the same bracket as Barkas but he should be offloaded 

Uroghide and Shaw are still pretty young and could develop into decent players, I thought they both done really well in the Betis game, Uroghide in particular but I wouldn’t be surprised to see either go out on loan for a bit 

McCarthy it’s just the salary and length of contract that’s a bit dubious but time will tell and I suppose it depends on what he was promised in terms of how much playing time he should expect 

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Why is bennett red dotting all your posts? Have you upset him in some way? :lol: 

f**k knows, Drew is getting the same 😂

Be good if he could tell us what’s upsetting him though and we could make a more conscious effort to keep doing it 😉

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Uroghide, Shaw and McCarthy were all free if I recall. Soro in the region of £800k so not really in the same bracket as Barkas but he should be offloaded 

Uroghide and Shaw are still pretty young and could develop into decent players, I thought they both done really well in the Betis game, Uroghide in particular but I wouldn’t be surprised to see either go out on loan for a bit 

McCarthy it’s just the salary and length of contract that’s a bit dubious but time will tell and I suppose it depends on what he was promised in terms of how much playing time he should expect 

Surely, under the transfer rules, Sheffield Wednesday were entitled to training compensation (at least £300k? each) for Shaw and Uroghide.

When first choice players have been injured, Ange has picked Scales, Welsh, Murray and Henderson instead.

As you say, both did well in the Real Betis match. There ought to be clubs interested in taking them in January if they are made available.