The Celtic All Seasons thread

CELTIC have lodged a complaint with the SFA over disgraceful comments made by referee chief Crawford Allan on a radio programme, it's being reported.

Allan appeared on BBC Scotland's Sportsound and gave an interview in which he claimed Kyogo Furuhashi's goal for Celts against Hearts was "probably" offside.

He also pulled up whistler Bobby Madden for halting play and failing to give the ball back to Hearts after star winger Jota pulled up with a hamstring injury.

According to the Daily Mail, Allan's intervention has severely angered the Parkhead club and they made made their feelings known to Hampden chiefs.

Allan has been head of referee options at the SFA since January 2020

“Severely angered”. Jesus Christ.

I hadn’t heard Allan’s comments so having read that headline I assumed he’d said something really silly. But no, he’s made some very, very mild and fairly considered comments, but has ultimately backed the referee; said the offside call was tight and understandable and said that maybe Hearts should have got the ball back at Jota’s injury but again, qualified it by saying it happened in “half a second”.

Absolutely pathetic. No wonder referees don’t come out and discuss decisions.  

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I hadn’t heard Allan’s comments so having read that headline I assumed he’d said something really silly. But no, he’s made some very, very mild and fairly considered comments, but has ultimately backed the referee; said the offside call was tight and understandable and said that maybe Hearts should have got the ball back at Jota’s injury but again, qualified it by saying it happened in “half a second”.

I'm 'severely angered ' by the very existence of the vermin brothers Glasgow Rangers & Glasgow Celtic but I accept I may be in the wrong and just have to accept it. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Why he is even going on national radio to discuss it in the first place?

If he goes on every weekend to discuss individual incidents then I’m all for it, but it seems a bit strange he would go on to talk about this single game

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

If he goes on every weekend to discuss individual incidents then I’m all for it, but it seems a bit strange he would go on to talk about this single game

Wel, I don’t think he did, did he? He was on as a guest and was asked about those specific incidents. I don’t think he rang up and asked to talk about a fucking tight offside and a drop ball. I’m sure he was on to talk about refereeing in general, maybe VAR and whatever else is topical.

FWIW someone like him absolutely should be on to talk about major talking points on a regular basis from the referee’s standpoint, but that isn’t going to happen if you’ve got clubs moaning like f**k at nothing.

Someone with the relevant experience discussing what is a major talking point about the game. 

13 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

20 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

This. It’s not as if the offside was absolutely blatant in live time and there was one the last time we played them with a lot less scrutiny. Absolutely bizarre to come on and discuss it considering they never really have in the past. Tbh even the game the night before where Beaton absolutely rightly gave a penalty got more inches and air time than it really should have. The paranoia from all sides is getting really fucking boring.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Wel, I don’t think he did, did he? He was on as a guest and was asked about those specific incidents. I don’t think he rang up and asked to talk about a fucking tight offside and a drop ball. I’m sure he was on to talk about refereeing in general, maybe VAR and whatever else is topical.

FWIW someone like him absolutely should be on to talk about major talking points on a regular basis from the referee’s standpoint, but that isn’t going to happen if you’ve got clubs moaning like f**k at nothing.

He could have just simply not went on the show.

Wasn’t like he had no choice in the matter

It wasn’t a moan about nothing though was it?

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request from Celtic here despite the sensationalist headline.

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

He could have just simply not went on the show.

Wasn’t like he had no choice in the matter

It wasn’t a moan about nothing though was it?

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request from Celtic here despite the sensationalist headline.

Here's a more detailed version of Allan's comments,  i can't see any criticism of celtic or reason for celtic to complain. 

", Allan told BBC Scotland’s Sportsound programme: ‘I’ve said all along since I’ve been in this role — I’ll support my referees and I’ll come out and say if there’s an error as well.

‘On Kyogo, is he in front of the defender? Yes, he probably is.

‘You’ve then got to look at the angle of the ball and the speed of it in real time, and it is very, very tight. So it’s an understandable decision.’

Neilson also vented his anger over Madden’s decision to halt a promising Hearts attack after Jota pulled up with the hamstring strain that is set to rule the Portuguese winger out of the Premier Sports Cup Final next weekend.

Adding insult to injury by failing to return the ball to Hearts at the restart, Allan acknowledged a potential error from one of his top officials, saying: ‘It’s not just head knocks (that stop the game), it’s serious injuries to a player.

‘You can argue all day long on whether it is a serious injury or not — but the fact is the player got taken off and replaced.

‘Bobby’s decision at the time was, and he was very close, it was clear that the player was in severe pain.

‘Is a hamstring a serious injury? Yes it’s debatable. Although where I think there definitely is an error, and I’ve chatted to Bobby about this, is with the re-start.

‘By the time Bobby had got the whistle to his mouth, which was only half a second or so, Hearts then had possession of the ball.

‘And what should have been done was Hearts should have had the drop ball."

F*ckin hell :lol: . Gets worse every time you see it.

Victim fc’s fans complaining about being victims in a game Thad doesn’t even involve them being victimised.

You canna make this shite up! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

When Celtic get a decision - typical, no one else ever gets decisions like they do. 
When other clubs get a decision like that- shut the f**k yo Celtic fans. 

Yet, it’s rasellik fanndanns complaining about a decision in a game not involving raselik!

[emoji849]

13 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

No. You complained about a decision in a game your victims aren’t even involved in.

I did not make it up and your denial is just another sign of your victim culture!

Gotta love the casual racism that gets dished out on here at times.

Its an old trope that gets used about Irish / Catholics, always playing the victim to delegitimise any complaints 

I’ve quickly realised on here you can’t really have any sensible discussion on here without someone bringing your perceived religion or cultural identity into it

Questioning why the head of the referees goes on national radio to discuss a particular incident?

Well you’re just playing the victim obviously 

Because that’s what we do eh?

Surprised @Div allows it, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt about it

Oh and I wasn’t complaining about the decision, I’m wondering if it will receive the same attention as the Kyogo goal did.

Edit: I see you’ve been on this forum for almost a decade. So I’m guessing you’re not a daft wee boy either

Edited by Clown Job

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Gotta love the casual racism that gets dished out on here at times.

Its an old trope that gets used about Irish / Catholics, always playing the victim to delegitimise any complaints 

I’ve quickly realised on here you can’t really have any sensible discussion on here without someone bringing your perceived religion or cultural identity into it

Questioning why the head of the referees goes on national radio to discuss a particular incident?

Well you’re just playing the victim obviously 

Because that’s what we do eh?

Surprised @Div allows it, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt about it

Oh and I wasn’t complaining about the decision, I’m wondering if it will receive the same attention as the Kyogo goal did.

So when they said “Victim FC”, you took it to mean they meant Irish / Catholics rather than the FOOTBALL CLUB