The Celtic All Seasons thread

From the mere 15 matches we played against Celtic in our last spell in the top flight, I can recall clearly:
  • Scott McDonald scoring the winner in a 1-0 game from a header that was about three light years offside.
  • Stephen McManus shattering Dean Holden's leg in a brutal "tackle". No card, not even a foul awarded.
  • Stephen McManus (again!!) plain and simply punching the ball into the net. Goal awarded.

Going back a bit, Crawford Baptie outjumped Pat Bonner to score from a header. Goal disallowed for, errr, outjmping Pat Bonner.
And the piece de resistance, in the soul-crushing 4-5 defeat at Brockville, after Mick McCarthy got sent off for decking the aforementioned Crawford Baptie with a right hook, the referee proceeding to veer so violently towards a Celtic mindset that Forbes Johnston (RIP) got sent off for apparently being in the same postcode as a Celtic player. Peter Grant had been booked, and after committing about three further bookable offences, the ref then went over and advised their dugout that they should substitute him as he might at some point get a second!!

One wee club v Celtic, just in relatively recent years, and I'm sure many other clubs have similar stories. If you can counter these arguments with similar decisions that went our way against you, please wire in, Celtic fans. Otherwise just accept you and your blue pals get the "rub of the green" far, far more often than is likely, or fair.
[emoji3595][emoji3595] having a hovis moment type post and thinks butlins is still a thing

On 24/11/2021 at 21:57, kingjoey said:

Just trying to point out that it’s a lot more then “some”.

They get away with that many, that when they do get a bad decision going against them (usually in erse cheek derbies), they're so shocked and it sticks in their minds forever. Then they've convinced themselves it happens as much to them as anyone else.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

They get away with that many, that when they do get a bad decision going against them (usually in erse cheek derbies), they're so shocked and it sticks in their minds forever. Then they've convinced themselves it happens as much to them as anyone else.

I'm still awaiting any Celtic fans coming back with shocking decisions that have gone against them in Falkirk games. Any others would be interesting too.

Actually I just remembered more ammunition - when we won at Parkhead in 1987, Roy Aitken (I think) pinged in a cross. It hit Jim Kerr on the body, about three yards outside the box. Decision - penalty to Celtic 😆

I'm not even sorry. That lot cry about decisions all the time and need a dose of reality on occasion.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm still awaiting any Celtic fans coming back with shocking decisions that have gone against them in Falkirk games. Any others would be interesting too.

Actually I just remembered more ammunition - when we won at Parkhead in 1987, Roy Aitken (I think) pinged in a cross. It hit Jim Kerr on the body, about three yards outside the box. Decision - penalty to Celtic 😆

I'm not even sorry. That lot cry about decisions all the time and need a dose of reality on occasion.

I remember us being denied a stonewaller when I think it was Lee Naylor was taken out by Scott Arfield in the game where we got away with the offside goal from Scott McDonald.

There was another in a game at Parkhead when Fortune was also clearly fouled in the box and we didn’t get it, pretty sure that game was also a draw 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Honestly I don’t really care that much to go and look it up

Must have been what, a decade or more ago?

28 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Honestly I don’t really care that much to go and look it up

Must have been what, a decade or more ago?

It was, but I was just using my club as an example of the ludicrous decisions that have gone in your favour. I'm sure every team bar one would have a similar list.

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

According to McGowan deal is almost done for Japanese left back Reo Hatate

Yip, I know nothing about him either 

He’s not capped is he ?How does a WP work now ?

That’s your 6th left back with Bolingoli, Taylor, Montgomery, Scales and Juaranovic all having played there. You’ll surely sell 2 or 3 ??

Does that mean the Croatian moving to right back with Ralston dropping to backup ?

I wouldn’t imagine a 24 year old would move from Japan to Scotland not to play most weeks.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s your 6th left back with Bolingoli, Taylor, Montgomery, Scales and Juaranovic all having played there. You’ll surely sell 2 or 3 ??

Does that mean the Croatian moving to right back with Ralston dropping to backup ?

I wouldn’t imagine a 24 year old would move from Japan to Scotland not to play most weeks.

Sounds like this new signing can play in midfield and on a wing in attack too.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Of those 6 only 2 consider left back their natural position and they are both pish

A left back is a must in the next window

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Police issuing fines to the green brigade vans collecting food for foodbank at today’s game, absolute vermin. 

23BB7435-CADA-4BAB-8400-DEDACEF4E7B5.jpeg

Abysmal behaviour from the police, but what do you expect from those c***s

You lot bricking it for the cup game now ?

Barry ferguson getting stick from both sets of fans (nicked that one from kevchenko on our forum )  

our chairman swooning at the sight of the green and white hoops on his park 

and pound signs reflecting in his limpid pool eyes 

trying to remember if / when Celtic played here last .

15 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

You lot bricking it for the cup game now ?

Barry ferguson getting stick from both sets of fans (nicked that one from kevchenko on our forum )  

our chairman swooning at the sight of the green and white hoops on his park 

and pound signs reflecting in his limpid pool eyes 

trying to remember if / when Celtic played here last .

This likely to go ahead in Alloa? Thought it might get moved, Falkirk again maybe. 

Edited by Drew Brees

Surely Alloa will want to take us on the astro turf?

In terms of the ground itself, we have played at Stranraer and Arbroath in recent years so see no reason why they wouldn't play it at Alloa, who have already hosted a fair few well supported clubs in recent years.