The Celtic All Seasons thread

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Potentially however Covid has reduced most clubs turnover by an easy 20% so i dont think Celtic are in this boat alone. What we will also see a boost from is that additional £22 million + revenue drop in match day and commercial revenue come back into the coffers that is assuming we retain the ability to have fans in stadiums. 

To come out of Covid with £16mil plus in the bank and significant loan facilities if required is alright.

I'm pretty curious to see Rangers numbers though. They posted a £16 million loss of for the year ending 2020 and that was after a cracking Europa League run. Considering no match day revenue for a full season on top of that and no player sales of any substantial value it's looking like Rangers need the Champions League to get close to breaking even. The rumours were there was a £20 odd million deficit that needed to be plugged by end of this season as are we expecting something like a 20-25 million loss?

Oh aye, they'll by no means be in it alone and I expect Rangers to release some eye-watering figures, I was more getting at the suggestion they'll be investing in the January window which would seem to go against their policy over recent years when they've missed out on the CL, even when they had "normal" matchday revenues.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Oh aye, they'll by no means be in it alone and I expect Rangers to release some eye-watering figures, I was more getting at the suggestion they'll be investing in the January window which would seem to go against their policy over recent years when they've missed out on the CL, even when they had "normal" matchday revenues.

We will definitely need to break from the usual plan this season if we are to change our fortunes. This is where i expect us to recruit more from Japan and to then try get more commercial revenue from those markets. 

We now have a Japanese twitter since Kyogo signed and whilst that alone wont make a massive difference every penny helps 😂

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

So it wasn't away from home

It was against a team you have a great record against. 

It wasn't after a European fixture. 

@Jinky67, @Clown Job - is it still Neil Lennon's fault? 

The seeds for this were sown long ago or do you think Celtic looked good last season?

And tbf Lennon did sign Ajeti 😬 That miss ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The seeds for this were sown long ago or do you think Celtic looked good last season?

I don't think they looked this bad - do you think Lennon could have spent £20m and had his team sitting 6th in the table at this stage? 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't think they looked this bad - do you think Lennon could have spent £20m and had his team sitting 6th in the table at this stage? 

With the number of players we have rotated possibly however i’d like to think no he wouldn’t but there were quite a few games last year where we created absolutely nothing. We are creating chances we just completely squander them

However in fairness to Lennon the one thing Ange and he have in common is the backroom team and it’s looking as if the decision to keep on Kennedy, Strachan etc may be a costly one.

Time will tell

Edited by Jinky67

On 25/09/2021 at 09:10, Drew Brees said:

Callum MCGregor signs a new 5 year deal keeping him at the club until the Summer of 2022 when we'll sell him to Leicester.

I just watched McGregor's press conference to see if he would be fit for the National Team and I have to say fair play to the guy. He's clearly Celtic through and through and Celtic have both a great player and great person on their hands.