The Celtic All Seasons thread

I have expected bad results and will expect more, new manager, all the players who left and all the players who are in. 

The main thing at the moment for me is that we dont fall more than 4 or 5 points behind during next couple months and where we are end of Oct/end of Nov will go a long way to telling if we can win league or not this season. Im confident we will improve over the season but getting too far behind at the start is a big concern at moment.

By End of Nov if we are still 4 points behind its no great but the league is on if we are less than that or ahead its looking very good. If the gap has increased then its not look good for winning title

Edited by BigDoddyKane

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Don’t do that ‘mate’.

I actually got excited that somebody paid attention to my posts and then I noticed you’d made over 50k posts and realised you spend so much time on here you read everyone’s posts not just mine.

458644750_download(1).jpeg.0d4f09d3b90fd41dd1a66721186610e2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I thought there would be more posted about Celtic reporting an £11.5m loss last year. 

Why? A significant loss was expected. Match day and commercial revenue dropped by around 22 million due to Covid and no fans

I’m surprised it wasn’t more and considering we are about 12-15 million in profit from transfers this season it doesn’t look that bad 

Edited by Jinky67

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Surely that money coming in is negated by the money you've spent? 

There is still an overall net profit on transfers to the tune of 13-15 million depending on who is reporting the figures which essentially mitigates the loss.

With fans back match day revenue and commercial revenue should start to increase significantly and allow us to continue investing in the squad come January

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

There is still an overall net profit on transfers to the tune of 13-15 million depending on who is reporting the figures which essentially mitigates the loss.

With fans back match day revenue and commercial revenue should start to increase significantly and allow us to continue investing in the squad come January

So if the summer transfer window of +£13-£15m is being used to mitigate the £11.5m loss from the previous financial year, then given that Celtic operate a model of Qualify for the CL or sell an asset to offset that, it seems that Celtic are still going to be in the red if they have already used the summer window to offset last years loss?

Unless they have significantly reduced their operating costs to the extent they are comfortable not qualifying for the CL, then they will be eating into their bank balance I'd imagine, even before taking into account the extra arrivals you are expecting in January.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Only if you're not including sell on fees etc. 

Only sell on fees would be for Edouard and Hendry i believe. If we take a mid value reported of 15 mil for Edouard (heard everything from 13-20 million based on whose reporting and add-ons) the sell on fee to PSG is around £2.4 million so you are still looking at enough net profit from transfers to mitigate most of not all of the current loss. 

Our transfer business this season in terms of bringing in higher fees than expected for Ajer and Edouard have certainly made things look healthier than they could have been

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Only sell on fees would be for Edouard and Hendry i believe. If we take a mid value reported of 15 mil for Edouard (heard everything from 13-20 million based on whose reporting and add-ons) the sell on fee to PSG is around £2.4 million so you are still looking at enough net profit from transfers to mitigate most of not all of the current loss. 

Our transfer business this season in terms of bringing in higher fees than expected for Ajer and Edouard have certainly made things look healthier than they could have been

The current accounts show a loss over those 12 months.  The sales you mention will be included in next year's accounts and MIGHT cover the coming year's losses.

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

So if the summer transfer window of +£13-£15m is being used to mitigate the £11.5m loss from the previous financial year, then given that Celtic operate a model of Qualify for the CL or sell an asset to offset that, it seems that Celtic are still going to be in the red if they have already used the summer window to offset last years loss?

Unless they have significantly reduced their operating costs to the extent they are comfortable not qualifying for the CL, then they will be eating into their bank balance I'd imagine, even before taking into account the extra arrivals you are expecting in January.

Potentially however Covid has reduced most clubs turnover by an easy 20% so i dont think Celtic are in this boat alone. What we will also see a boost from is that additional £22 million + revenue drop in match day and commercial revenue come back into the coffers that is assuming we retain the ability to have fans in stadiums. 

To come out of Covid with £16mil plus in the bank and significant loan facilities if required is alright.

I'm pretty curious to see Rangers numbers though. They posted a £16 million loss of for the year ending 2020 and that was after a cracking Europa League run. Considering no match day revenue for a full season on top of that and no player sales of any substantial value it's looking like Rangers need the Champions League to get close to breaking even. The rumours were there was a £20 odd million deficit that needed to be plugged by end of this season are we expecting something like a 20-25 million loss? 

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, The DA said:

The current accounts show a loss over those 12 months.  The sales you mention will be included in next year's accounts and MIGHT cover the coming year's losses.

I'm aware of that however we are starting this financial year with a 13-15 million pound profit from transfers and around an additional 22-25 million uplift in match day revenue over the course of the year. With the signings of Kyogo and to an extent bringing in Ange may see a decent boost in commercial revenue from Asian markets. 

We also didn't take out any soft loans that we need to pay back either so actually this could have been a hell of a lot worse

Edited by Jinky67