The Celtic All Seasons thread

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there mate, no idea how you know where we’ll finish or how many games we’ll lose, fancy helping me with my lottery numbers?
We, more often than not, struggle after tough away European games, and seem to struggle at livi for some reason. We’re also missing at least 7 players who would’ve started or finished yesterday.  Long way to go, I’m confident once we get players back we’ll be fine, a bit threadbare just now but the manager is assessing an unfit and low in confidence squad from last year and new players who take time to settle. Jock stein lost 5 of his 1st 9 games in charge of Celtic, thankfully he was given time and I’m sure ange will too. No idea if he’ll work out but there’s no way he’ll be hunted before the seasons out. 

16 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there mate, no idea how you know where we’ll finish or how many games we’ll lose, fancy helping me with my lottery numbers?
We, more often than not, struggle after tough away European games, and seem to struggle at livi for some reason. We’re also missing at least 7 players who would’ve started or finished yesterday.  Long way to go, I’m confident once we get players back we’ll be fine, a bit threadbare just now but the manager is assessing an unfit and low in confidence squad from last year and new players who take time to settle. Jock stein lost 5 of his 1st 9 games in charge of Celtic, thankfully he was given time and I’m sure ange will too. No idea if he’ll work out but there’s no way he’ll be hunted before the seasons out. 

You're the worst team in the group so I'm using simple logic.

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

This post has significant arse biting potential.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Sorry, you'll win the league by 15 points and get to the quarter final of the EL.  No idea what I was thinking there!

I was alluding to you already concluding what our final Europa League position will be and us loosing a heap more games domestically. Care to put a number on heaps for us? 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

We've played 6 games and they are only 4 points behind us, while handing out a few skelpings too. Playing at the Tonydome is always tricky, a poor pitch that you can't play football on against a team set up for hit and rush tactics. 

A wee bit of perspective...

The away fixtures benefit sevco zippy,Sevco only play 1 of the top six sides from last season twice,Celtic have 4 from the top six twice plus Hearts.
Celtic fixtures           sevco fixtures
sevco twice              Dundee utd twice
Hearts twice             Dundee twice
Hibs twice                 St Johnstone twice
Aberdeen twice       Ross county twice
Motherwell twice     St Mirren twice
Livingston twice

The away fixtures gives a clear advantage to sevco before the split.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The away fixtures benefit sevco zippy,Sevco only play 1 of the top six sides from last season twice,Celtic have 4 from the top six twice plus Hearts.
Celtic fixtures           sevco fixtures
sevco twice              Dundee utd twice
Hearts twice             Dundee twice
Hibs twice                 St Johnstone twice
Aberdeen twice       Ross county twice
Motherwell twice     St Mirren twice
Livingston twice

The away fixtures gives a clear advantage to sevco before the split.

I tend to take it one game at a time Willie and don't get to worked up about fixtures.  A few tricky fixtures in there for both teams tbf.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Just the facts zippy the game isn't played on paper but the computer has been very kind to sevco.

You’re making an issue of something that happens most seasons. It’s not unique to one team.

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’re making an issue of something that happens most seasons. It’s not unique to one team.

We have a really tough October away to Aberdeen, Hibs and i think Motherwell. Rangers get their tricky period in December with a few big away games finishing away to us.

We need to keep pace till then mind you

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We have a really tough October away to Aberdeen, Hibs and i think Motherwell. Rangers get their tricky period in December with a few big away games finishing away to us.

We need to keep pace till then mind you

Things must be bad if you think away to us in our current form is "tricky".

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Sorry, you'll win the league by 15 points and get to the quarter final of the EL.  No idea what I was thinking there!

Sitting on a pointy fence.