The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

It’s 100% a Scotland problem, and that is one of the issues with it people like to pretend it’s not 

What divide are we talking about here?

Reality is protestants don’t suffer from the same kind of discrimination and abuse the minority catholic population does 

Anyone trying to suggest it’s an equal problem is either lying or deeply ignorant 

EDIT: Don’t forget the traditional annual anti catholic marches we have   

I have a genuine question, is bigotry towards Catholics actually that rife outwith the parameters of the Celtic-Rangers and associated Ireland/Northern Ireland stuff?

I've lived in Glasgow surrounded by Rangers and Celtic fans all my life and grew up in a Catholic family and went to Catholic schools. I can honestly say dont think I've ever heard any anti-Catholic bigotry that wasnt grounded in Old Firm tribalism. Not saying that in itself isnt a major issue, but I think if you took the Old FIrm out of the equation, I dont think anti-Catholicism would be that prevalent, certainly from what I've experienced. Could of course just be that I've avoided it due to areas I grew up in, etc, hence the question.

P.S. for the avoidance of doubt, the OO marches are the biggest abomination in Scottish society. A shambles they are allowed to continue in 2021.

2 hours ago, stressball said:

The amount of Rangers fan social media posts about how you shouldn’t document what happens on a bus if you’re going to post it really is a tell.

“What happens on the bus stays on the bus.”

”imagine dobbing in your fellow fans”

I’m glad some of the Rangers fans on here that have broached the subject have condemned the actions. 

Thats part of what makes videos like those even more brain dead. There is several steps to go through to get caught singing/chanting the racist shite, you'd think at some point people realise it might not be the best idea. 

To think singing or chanting anything racist is fucking idiotic and repugnant enough. But to then think, "f**k, get the video out" and to then think "aye, lets share/upload that". f**k me some people need neutered.

24 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I have a genuine question, is bigotry towards Catholics actually that rife outwith the parameters of the Celtic-Rangers and associated Ireland/Northern Ireland stuff?

I've lived in Glasgow surrounded by Rangers and Celtic fans all my life and grew up in a Catholic family and went to Catholic schools. I can honestly say dont think I've ever heard any anti-Catholic bigotry that wasnt grounded in Old Firm tribalism. Not saying that in itself isnt a major issue, but I think if you took the Old FIrm out of the equation, I dont think anti-Catholicism would be that prevalent, certainly from what I've experienced. Could of course just be that I've avoided it due to areas I grew up in, etc, hence the question.

P.S. for the avoidance of doubt, the OO marches are the biggest abomination in Scottish society. A shambles they are allowed to continue in 2021.

Yeah absolutely 

I can personally say I’ve received abuse for my perceived religion just about every part of Scotland I’ve visited at some point in my life.

That’s why I kinda laugh when people claim it’s only a Glasgow / West coast issue

Id argue the reason it’s a bigger problem here than elsewhere is due to the fact the majority of Catholics are in this part of the country

You’ll also hear a lot of the casual bigotry disguised as just “banter” still.

Orange walks are anti catholic marches, designed to intimidate, remind Catholics to know our place in society, these mutants done see Catholics as equals.

We are seen as second class citizens and that’s how they want us to be treated.

Every time I hear or see one it really is just a reminder you’ll never truly by accepted by some.

Football can be a bit of a magnifying glass for it, but it’s absolutely not the cause.

The treatment of Catholics is a long standing problem within Scotland and it starts to home

You’ll still hear normal intelligent people blame catholic schools for anti catholic bigotry

I genuinely think this year was the first time I’ve ever heard a politician speak about it as a problem, and thankfully some have dropped the “sectarian” label and just calling it what it is

Edit: I will say the issue has been improving over the year (thank f**k your don’t need to put down your school on a job application anymore) but it’s far from eradicated, I think too many people want to believe it’s only a football problem to help a absolve them of any responsibility 

Edited by Clown Job

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

You are wrong of course there has been a lot done over the years to tackle the issue and i also don’t think laughable is the correct choice of words here. I’m not sure how anything to do with racism or sectarianism could prompt you to laugh 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a poor choice of wording on your part, accept it and move on

He's clearly saying the hypocrisy is laughable and you're deliberately attempting (and failing) to twist it to make it look like he's saying racism and/or sectarianism are laughable. It's pretty obvious to see for anyone who has functioning eyes. 

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He's clearly saying the hypocrisy is laughable and you're deliberately attempting (and failing) to twist it to make it look like he's saying racism and/or sectarianism are laughable. It's pretty obvious to see for anyone who has functioning eyes. 

I have already explained that i do not think he is trying to say racism or sectarianism is laughable just that his choice of wording is poor for this particular scenario

He could have just said its hypocritical

Edited by Jinky67

RANGERS can confirm that an investigation is now complete in regard to a video circulating on social media yesterday.

The individuals involved have been identified and will be banned indefinitely from all Rangers games.

Furthermore, the RSC of which they were members and travelled with to the game, have been banned from receiving tickets for future fixtures.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

RANGERS can confirm that an investigation is now complete in regard to a video circulating on social media yesterday.

The individuals involved have been identified and will be banned indefinitely from all Rangers games.

Furthermore, the RSC of which they were members and travelled with to the game, have been banned from receiving tickets for future fixtures.

Credit where credit is due. Swift, decisive and absolutely the correct response

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I have already explained that i do not think he is trying to say racism or sectarianism is laughable just that his choice of wording is poor for this particular scenario

He could have just said its hypocritical

I can’t spell hippocrytycol.

It would be nice if the next statement Celtic issue regarding this matter, is to congratulate Rangers in banning all of the lowlifes involved in the singing from Rangers matches indefinitely. And having acted so quickly.

Edited by kingjoey

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It would be nice if the next statement Celtic issue regarding this matter, is to congratulate Rangers in banning all of the lowlifes involved in the singing from Rangers matches indefinitely.

Agree with this or at least some display of unity by the players and managers on Sunday by having them all stand together. The fact it's also in Ibrox would make that quite powerful imo

There is an opportunity here to really drive the message home, let's hope we take it. 

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Agree with this or at least some display of unity by the players and managers on Sunday by having them all stand together. 

There is an opportunity here to really drive the message home, let's hope we take it. 

Tavernier or whoever their captain is should March over to Furuhashi the way Brown did with Kamara. Would be a nice reciprocal touch. 

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Credit where credit is due. Swift, decisive and absolutely the correct response

Would’ve been nice to add some form of apology but suppose that’s not their problem. Shame for any decent fans who go on that bus, being dragged down with lowlifes. 

17 hours ago, Clown Job said:

They still employ a certain kit man who is a well known bigot, who has openly expressed his views. 

I’m not going to hold my breath they’ll do anything about the fanbase other than some tweets and a statement hoping it will blow over 

If you had decided to hold your breath, you can now breath out.         And...breath.

28 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Tavernier or whoever their captain is should March over to Furuhashi the way Brown did with Kamara. Would be a nice reciprocal touch. 

i imagine he probably will. Tavernier is very vocal about racism and has been quite determined to land the message amongst his own support. A show of solidarity with Kyogo in front of his own fans would be a nice thing to do. 

Far fucks to Rangers acting so fast but Im unsure as to why the RSC has been banned tbh, I can only assume they have been in trouble before with the club. I also don’t think any more needs to be made of this in the upcoming derby that people have alluded to . The Kamara situation was a fair bit different where he was directly abused on the pitch by a fellow professional. 

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Far fucks to Rangers acting so fast but Im unsure as to why the RSC has been banned tbh

Would guess its an attempt to force these clubs to self police themselves.