The Celtic All Seasons thread

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Linked with Joe Hart again. There is often a fine line between a ‘character’ and an arrogant w**k but he would always without fail fall in the latter category

You'd just be replacing one 'keeper who throws balls into the net with another 'keeper prone to the same kind of mistakes.

Would be completely bonkers signing.

14 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

05FB42EA-7BFB-4229-9DF3-CAE02FBD8D46.jpeg

That Ekrem Konur is completely unreliable. The only time he ever gets anything right is when he's nicked it from someone with actual credibility. I had to block him as so many were sharing his garbage.

If you can get Christie to sign a new contract it would be good news for you in a fair few different ways.

Joe Hart coming in to play Ange's system would be a monstrous mismatch though.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Linked with Joe Hart again. There is often a fine line between a ‘character’ and an arrogant w**k but he would always without fail fall in the latter category

Joe Hart I don’t want to see,  he was binned from City as he couldn’t play in that sort of system so can’t understand why we would look at him when it’s this sort of system Ange tries to play also, so it’s a no for me.

Buta looks good hopefully we can get that done, Juranovic we are also looking at for that position too. Could be Edouards last game tonight apparently we are linked with Mbaye Niang  from Rennes and the Boupendza rumours are now resurfacing, I posted about him some months back.

Edited by Jinky67

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Joe Hart I don’t want to see,  he was binned from City as he couldn’t play in that sort of system so can’t understand why we would look at him when it’s this sort of system Ange tries to play also, so it’s a no for me.

Buta looks good hopefully we can get that done, Juranovic we are also looking at for that position too. Could be Edouards last game tonight apparently we are linked with Mbaye Niang  from Rennes and the Boupendza rumours are now resurfacing, I posted about him some months back.

Who’s your head of recruitment that’s  responsible for all these signings as there is no way Ange can have scouted them all in such a short space of time.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Who’s your head of recruitment that’s  responsible for all these signings as there is no way Ange can have scouted them all in such a short space of time.

Nick Hammond left so I believe it’s Jay Leferve who is Head of Scouting Operations currently. I could be mistaken though

25 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A good point, hopefully clickbait shite.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

A good point, hopefully clickbait shite.

Hope so.

Don’t get me wrong I have no doubt Joe Hart is a a better gk than Barkas. He will make saves Barkas can’t and can organise his defence however he is horrible with the ball at his feet and makes too many mistakes playing that way, we will lose the ball in dangerous positions with Hart which ultimately will cost us with any team who presses high

Guest TheJTS98
11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Hope so.

Don’t get me wrong I have no doubt Joe Hart is a a better gk than Barkas. He will make saves

FTFY.

I think Hart would do fine. Not being good enough to do that for Man City does not mean he's not good enough to do it for Celtic.

Celtic are in the position Hearts were in when we had Pereira in goal. They just need someone who might save some shots on target.

Hart's a good keeper and would obviously improve Celtic. Good move for him, too. Get the feeling he just needs to go somewhere and play and feel wanted.

39 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

FTFY.

I think Hart would do fine. Not being good enough to do that for Man City does not mean he's not good enough to do it for Celtic.

Celtic are in the position Hearts were in when we had Pereira in goal. They just need someone who might save some shots on target.

Hart's a good keeper and would obviously improve Celtic. Good move for him, too. Get the feeling he just needs to go somewhere and play and feel wanted.

He was utterly abject at West Ham, playing less than twenty games before Adrian went back in goals. I think his time at Burnley was fairly similar. I'm not convinced he was ever as good as people made out, City's defence certainly helped him out a lot. 

He has a real problem with shots down low (James Morrison goal at Wembley, and the Iceland debacle) especially on his left hand side , it is a bizarre signing if true. For the money they will spend on him, there are numerous better options out there. 

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

He was utterly abject at West Ham, playing less than twenty games before Adrian went back in goals. I think his time at Burnley was fairly similar. I'm not convinced he was ever as good as people made out, City's defence certainly helped him out a lot. 

He has a real problem with shots down low (James Morrison goal at Wembley, and the Iceland debacle) especially on his left hand side , it is a bizarre signing if true. For the money they will spend on him, there are numerous better options out there. 

I think there's clearly been a bit of an issue in his head. If you read some of the stuff he says in interviews it comes across pretty strongly.

Burnley seemed a weird move to me, as he was at a rebuilding stage in his own career and went to a club with good goalkeeping options.

I accept he was pish at West Ham, still think he'd do Celtic for a year. While there are better options out there, Celtic have dug themselves a big recruitment hole and might just see this as an easy short-term fix.