The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He went to take a corner and the applause more than drowned out the boos, m8.

Presumably a large portion of support was yer auld da who "doesn't read Facebook rumour pish", tbh.

There is an element of fans out there who will refuse to boo someone wearing the strip and those who think no criminality found = not guilty when it’s a very different thing entirely.

Those who boo’d and those who were uncomfortable booing but didn’t applaud i think got the message across loud and clear that this behaviour is unacceptable no matter who you play for. 

He needs emptied however i’m unsure how we do that. Drew mentioned about gardening leave however from what i understand he would have to have the clause in his contract or if we are able to signal our intent to him now that his contract won’t be renewed then we could pursue that option? 

3 hours ago, Dolf said:

In fairness he has been thrown to the wolves,I just fear he hasn't got what it takes to be Celtic manager

I very much hope I'm proven wrong

I think he will be fine, we can see already in attack we look more direct and Abada looks really good which is Anges signing.

What we haven’t done is do anything to address the defence but i’m sure that will come albeit too late for us to have any hope of Champions League however being realistic that was always likely to be a step too far for us just now.

We need an entire back line alongside Starfelt, we also need to replace Brown and a centre forward. Did laugh at the Diego Costa rumours this morning, more chance of a costa coffee franchise arriving at CP than the big man, love to see it though 😂

Edited by Jinky67

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Ffs Gannon...

COPS swooped on a notorious football lout’s back garden - and seized a stolen Glasgow Commonwealth Games mascot missing for seven years.
Officers bundled 5ft thistle Clyde into a van at the home of police horse punch yob Kevin McGuire, 38, in Drumchapel, Glasgow

Screenshot-2021-07-24-at-22.19.20.png

The Sun on Sunday tipped off police that the missing Clyde - swiped from a plinth near Ibrox, Glasgow, in 2014 - was in footie thug McGuire’s garden.

Officers swooped on his pad after we alerted them to photos on Twitter which showed the missing model in the background.

They seized the fibreglass statue - one of 25 commissioned when Glasgow hosted the sports tournament - and took it to a nearby police station.

It was later driven to the council’s City Chambers, where Lord Provost Philip Braat gave it the once over, before returning it to the cop shop to be held as evidence.

Councillor Braat said after the bizarre raid on the football fan’s pad: “The theft was an affront to the people of Glasgow.”

Football fan McGuire, 38 - who was hit with a footie ban and did jail time for punching police horses - denied knowledge of the mascot.

When asked how it ended up in his garden, he grabbed a mop in a fury and tried to whack our reporter with it.

The thug raged: “It’s nonsense. I don’t know anything about. Nothing. It’s a surprise.”

Cops raided McGuire’s garden in the city’s Drumchapel on Friday afternoon.

face-1.png

Screenshot-2021-07-24-at-22.18.12.png

McGuire got a five-year UK footie stadium ban and 10 months behind bars in February last year for thumping three police horses outside a football stadium.

But he was released weeks later in May 2020 amid efforts to halt the spread of Covid in prisons.
He’d been found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering to animals, assaulting two officers and behaving in a threatening manner

That is tragic on so, so many levels. Who the f**k has been keeping their powder dry for so long before Wallacing the Amoeba brained police horse punch yob?

5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

There is an element of fans out there who will refuse to boo someone wearing the strip and those who think no criminality found = not guilty when it’s a very different thing entirely.

Those who boo’d and those who were uncomfortable booing but didn’t applaud i think got the message across loud and clear that this behaviour is unacceptable no matter who you play for. 

He needs emptied however i’m unsure how we do that. Drew mentioned about gardening leave however from what i understand he would have to have the clause in his contract or if we are able to signal our intent to him now that his contract won’t be renewed then we could pursue that option? 

Surely a stint training  with the youths (careful) would be an option til he finds somewhere else to pollute. 

Edited by Drew Brees

I can't confirm that it is factual, but I saw a tweet that mentioned Rory Hamilton described the score line at Celtic Park as "8 goals shared between Celtic and West Ham". If true, that is some amount of spin 🤣

Edited by AJF

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can't confirm that it is factual, but I saw a tweet that mentioned Rory Hamilton described the score line at Celtic Park as "8 goals shared between Celtic and West Ham". If true, that is some amount of spin 🤣

So someone ‘might’ have said something mildly amusing? Cheers. 

1 hour ago, SANTAN said:

I was starting to worry about @Romeo but it's great to see he's been managing his free time well, more creative than I expected in fairness. 

Not clicking that, heard it earlier and couldn’t get it out my head for too long. Some amount of weirdos in our support.