The Celtic All Seasons thread

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s 2 players bought that can play forward in Furuhashi and Abada and Ange also gave Griffiths a new contract. With him favouring Ajeti in pre-season, do you think that means Edouard won’t play much ??

Edouard has been carrying an injury which is why he hasn’t been involved much however we all know he’s for the off.  

At least we are bringing players in and there is still possibly Starfelt, Lawal , Soppy to come in and noise about Davies on loan 

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Edouard has been carrying an injury which is why he hasn’t been involved much however we all know he’s for the off.  

At least we are bringing players in and there is still possibly Starfelt, Lawal , Soppy to come in and noise about Davies on loan 

Do you think Edouard will just run his contract down ?

Agree, nobody can argue about the level of financial backing Ange is getting. 

41 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We are allowed 2 wildcard signings before the qualifiers. I imagine we will with go with a team similar to the Bristol game on Tuesday however should be stronger for the away leg

Aye, I was more thinking along the lines of the players coming into the squad just days before your first match. They will no doubt bring quality but you can't help but feel these guys should've been in the door for the start of pre-season to get up to speed.

40 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do you think Edouard will just run his contract down ?

Agree, nobody can argue about the level of financial backing Ange is getting. 

Not sure we can either allow him to do that or indeed afford to. 

As you say it does look as if he is being backed which hopefully means we can compete better than we did last season. 

37 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I was more thinking along the lines of the players coming into the squad just days before your first match. They will no doubt bring quality but you can't help but feel these guys should've been in the door for the start of pre-season to get up to speed.

The biggest problem was the length of time we took to bring in a manager. It doesn’t give him much time to evaluate players and any signings brought in early pre season may have been players that Ange didn’t have input on or fit how he wants to play

I’d much rather the signings brought are ones that fit his vision and philosophy which is a gamble for the short term with qualifiers however we should hopefully have enough just now to grab a win to take to Denmark. Here is hoping anyway

Edited by Jinky67

Is it still as certain that Edouard will leave?

21 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Is it still as certain that Edouard will leave?

Not certain however if he won’t sign a new contract i’m not sure we can afford to allow him to leave for nothing considering our initial outlay for him.

Our chances are better if he stays of course 

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What about the coefficient?

Scottish teams are more likely to pick up more coefficient points in the Europa League anyway so my conscience is clear in wanting them to crash out of the CL.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not certain however if he won’t sign a new contract i’m not sure we can afford to allow him to leave for nothing considering our initial outlay for him.

Our chances are better if he stays of course 

You’ll be reliant on somebody paying the asking fee too mate - teams maybe happy to wait 12 months and get him for free.

If reports in the Record are to be believed I’m surprised it’s taken Furuhashi this long to be snapped up. Sounds like you may have signed a cracking player.

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ll be reliant on somebody paying the asking fee too mate - teams maybe happy to wait 12 months and get him for free.

If reports in the Record are to be believed I’m surprised it’s taken Furuhashi this long to be snapped up. Sounds like you may have signed a cracking player.

We do seem to be playing hardball with regards to fees if the Ajer transfer is anything to go by and with us rejecting Leicesters advances it possibly puts clubs off, who knows. 

I'm excited by this transfer tbh, seems a real talent. Iniesta speaks really highly of him saying he has the tools to be a real success in Europe. That man knows a baller so i'm hoping he's right. I don't expect him to be as good as Naka but if he has an ounce of that ability he will do well. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

We do seem to be playing hardball with regards to fees if the Ajer transfer is anything to go by and with us rejecting Leicesters advances it possibly puts clubs off, who knows. 

I'm excited by this transfer tbh, seems a real talent. Iniesta speaks really highly of him saying he has the tools to be a real success in Europe. That man knows a baller so i'm hoping he's right. I don't expect him to be as good as Naka but if he has an ounce of that ability he will do well. 

Hopefully he doesn't have the same diving ability as Naka.

On 16/07/2021 at 12:42, Jinky67 said:

Comes out decent in my system, although Celtic will be far more advanced than this.

Celtic.thumb.png.4c2eca1008269874aef0a6baa3ae52fe.png

Good defensive forward, is good at carrying the ball, doesn't hang about when shooting, and doesn't miss too much.

Poor aerial ability usually hints at poor physicality for strikers though. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Comes out decent in my system, although Celtic will be far more advanced than this.

Celtic.thumb.png.4c2eca1008269874aef0a6baa3ae52fe.png

Good defensive forward, is good at carrying the ball, doesn't hang about when shooting, and doesn't miss too much.

Poor aerial ability usually hints at poor physicality for strikers though. 

He’s only 5’7 so I could see that being a reason behind not really winning anything in the air.