The Celtic All Seasons thread

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yip, 19 should not be an issue as I’m guessing that as Ange is just in the door, these were targets identified by Kennedy and Strachan so extensive scouting etc will have been done.

The same "extensive scouting etc" that resulted in the signings of Barkas, Perez, Gutman, Bolingboli, Benyu, Kouassi, Schved, Bayo... ?

How did they work out?

I have a bit of a burning question here.

Does anyone know what Celtic's connection to Israeli football is? Given the stance of the club and its fans, it seems a bit odd to be consistently dipping into the Israeli market. In recent memory I can count Kayal, Gershon, Elhamed, Bitton and now Abada. I actually thought there were more, but it still seems a bit odd.

My Celtic supporting pals are having none of it, but it's hard to tell what the actual consensus is.

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The same "extensive scouting etc" that resulted in the signings of Barkas, Perez, Gutman, Bolingboli, Benyu, Kouassi, Schved, Bayo... ?

How did they work out?

Yes, there have been errors but every club has a long list of signings that haven’t worked out.

I think the difference this time, and probably unfortunately for Ange, is that given the time taken to scout and negotiate with players/clubs/agents etc none of the signings will likely have been identified by him but if they don’t work out he’ll probably carry the can.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Does anyone know what Celtic's connection to Israeli football is? Given the stance of the club and its fans, it seems a bit odd to be consistently dipping into the Israeli market. In recent memory I can count Kayal, Gershon, Elhamed, Bitton and now Abada. I actually thought there were more, but it still seems a bit odd.

My Celtic supporting pals are having none of it, but it's hard to tell what the actual consensus is.

I've seen this question asked before on Twitter and it seems that it's to do with Celtic's close ties to Israeli football agent Dudu Dahan. Apparently he has a lot of influence with them and has flogged Celtic players for many years.

Their Tory board of directors have a weekly cigar and brandy meeting where they devise new ways to wind up the support and they have a good belly laugh about it. 

We’ve signed Israeli Jews and Israeli Arabs. We’re doing more than most western powers to accelerate the peace process. 

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Even thou the game ended 0-0 yesterday for me it's been the best so far,controlled the game from start to finish.

Tackle on Karamoko was a shocker for a friendly. McGregor controlled the game from start to finish. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Their Tory board of directors have a weekly cigar and brandy meeting where they devise new ways to wind up the support and they have a good belly laugh about it. 

Don't understand why this would wind anyone up, 

These players have no control of where they are born, they are just footballers not politicians and deserve an opportunity to play. 

Hopefully the boy gets that opportunity and he delivers the goods

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

We could learn a few things from our Italian friends.

@FootyAccums

OFFICIAL: Serie A have banned green jerseys from the 2022/23 season onwards..

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ https://t.co/2mbTuDoZyW

Every time I read one of your posts I just think of that scene in National Lampoon's Animal House where the head of the University says to Dorfman

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Every time I read one of your posts I just think of that scene in National Lampoon's Animal House where the head of the University says to Dorfman

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"

But we manage it somehow Mags.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

We could learn a few things from our Italian friends.

@FootyAccums

OFFICIAL: Serie A have banned green jerseys from the 2022/23 season onwards..

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ https://t.co/2mbTuDoZyW

Not sure what’s more pointless, alerting us of this in the Celtic thread or the reasoning of banning it.

It clashes with the grass and makes it hard for TV viewers to see.

On 14/07/2021 at 20:54, Bishop Briggs said:

How did they work out?

This guy reeks of another Shved, tbh. Celtic will have a deeper, more extensive system than me, and will also have scouted him, but it feels like they've been blinded by a goal record that likely isn't sustainable, as theres not a huge amount else to his game to justify the fee.

Abada.thumb.png.9cb99fa89be365330518717f1526cfd2.png

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic finally splashing some cash required to rebuild - I just hope it's coming a bit too late in the day in respect of the CL qualifiers.

We are allowed 2 wildcard signings before the qualifiers. I imagine we will with go with a team similar to the Bristol game on Tuesday however should be stronger for the away leg