The Celtic All Seasons thread

58 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's Sevco's fault....

E3GQ59fXwAMJFNM?format=jpg&name=large

Celtic have just went through the most domestically dominant period in their history, achieving record breaking turnover figures with cash reserves never seen before in Scottish Football yet it’s somehow our fault they squandered all that in the matter of the last year or so 😂

They are desperate to try and Sevco their way out of this mess.

Lennnon, celtic fans are kunts.....

Former Celtic manager Neil Lennon admits his final season was "joyless" as he hit out at at a "new breed" of fan who protested furiously.

The season started with the Parkhead club going for 10 Premiership titles in a row but the season quickly went off the rails.

Celtic's domestic dominance was ended by a meek League Cup defeat to Ross County, sparking angry protests outside the stadium.

Lennon remained in situ until February but walked away after another defeat to the Staggies and Rangers officially wrapped up the title just weeks later.

Things had turned toxic by the end of the Irishman's tenure and he admits being hurt and confused by supporter anger.

Lennon told The Times: "Speaking to the players the next day (after the League Cup loss) they were really disturbed and upset by that.

"Literally upset by it. That was the first cup defeat in 35/36 games. It was the end of an unbelievable cycle of success and for them to be treated that way was bewildering. They should have been lauded for it rather than abused.

"They were getting pelted with missiles. It was very sad. There was a new breed of supporters that I had nothing in common with and who belie the values of the club

They are the ones that are giving the club a bad name. 

It was definitely a situation like no other. You're going for the tenth title in a row and that was an obsession for the fans, an unhealthy obsession I felt. And we were in the midst of a pandemic where nothing was normal

So you put that together and there were a lot of things that were out of your control as a manager.

"I had nothing in common with those supporters and the way they treated Dermot and Peter as well, shocking.

"Considering in December we had just finished off another treble, two months later you are out the door.

"The whole thing seemed joyless. There was no credit it for it. It was just 'yeah Celtic have won another treble, move on'. There was a lack of joy around the place and that was really difficult.

"I wouldn't say I was hurt, I was more bewildered by it and the lack of time and the lack of faith that people showed in me.

"It's basically fans I'm referring to more than anything else.

"I can walk away with 21 medals as a player and a manager, the first guy to do the treble as both a player and a manager. If that doesn't mean a lot to other people, it means a lot to me."

Some have suggested that Lennon is a man out of time, with old school methods not suited to the modern game.

But the Celtic legend insists nothing could be further from the truth as he offered a vigorous defence of his record.

Lennon said: "People say 'he's not that good' or 'he's a dinosaur'. A dinosaur at 49 is strange. Eighteen months ago I beat Lazio in Rome, the first Celtic manager to do that.

"It's about changing the public's perception but then again it's not really their perception I want to change it's the owner, chairman or chief executive of a club.

Does it grate on me? Of course it does. It's just absolute nonsense. I'd just won a treble so if I'm a dinosaur what does that make all the rest? It's not like we played route one football.

"We were flexible with changes, we could play a diamond or a back three or 4-3-3, I had young coaches like John Kennedy, Damien Duff and Gavin Strachan who were very forward thinking and our coaching methods were all geared for the modern player.

Really hard to disagree with anything NL is saying there. 

The truth is that after they got rid of him they actually did worse than when he was there. They could barely get a run of wins going at all.

Ultimately it wouldn't have made a difference what manager they had. Even Pep wouldn't have stopped this Rangers side over a full league season and especially not at any point where they could have reasonably sacked Lennon.

The problem is more related to recruitment and not selling players that should have been sold.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

Celtic have just went through the most domestically dominant period in their history, achieving record breaking turnover figures with cash reserves never seen before in Scottish Football yet it’s somehow our fault they squandered all that in the matter of the last year or so 😂

They are desperate to try and Sevco their way out of this mess.

Didn’t realise @Auldheid spoke for us all tbh.

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

The truth is that after they got rid of him they actually did worse than when he was there. They could barely get a run of wins going at all.

Ultimately it wouldn't have made a difference what manager they had. Even Pep wouldn't have stopped this Rangers side over a full league season and especially not at any point where they could have reasonably sacked Lennon.

The problem is more related to recruitment and not selling players that should have been sold.

Agree with your point, Lennon is speaking the truth about the sense of entitlement and lack of appreciation amongst some of the Celtic support.

But I take it your point in bold is meant as a joke?

Rangers fans incessant need for everyone to tell them how good they were last season is genuinely hilarious.

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

The vast majority of damage done to our league season was post Dubai, a trip which he wanted and justified yet he fails to mention it at all.

Teflon Lenny 

24 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree with your point, Lennon is speaking the truth about the sense of entitlement and lack of appreciation amongst some of the Celtic support.

But I take it your point in bold is meant as a joke?

I can't see how any other conclusion makes any sense to be honest.

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The vast majority of damage done to our league season was post Dubai, a trip which he wanted and justified yet he fails to mention it at all.

Teflon Lenny 

It wasn't in the end. Ultimately Dubai made no difference. The damage was done before that.

Plus you picked up more points per game in the period including Dubai aftermath (Lennon's tenure) than after.

25 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

But but but even Pep wouldn’t have stopped them 

It's incredible. Every post on here about them brings a "NOBODY COULD STOP US ANYWAY!!!" response.

Any mention of St Johnstone winning a double on Twitter? First response is a Rangers fan saying an unbeaten league season is better.

Dare to praise Callum Davidson? First response is a Rangers fan saying Gerrard is better.

There was a tweet about Guardiola getting manager of the year in England, and you had Rangers fans commenting bitterly that Callum Davidson should get that award 😂

First real success in 10 years and they can't just enjoy it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's incredible. Every post on here about them brings a "NOBODY COULD STOP US ANYWAY!!!" response.

Any mention of St Johnstone winning a double on Twitter? First response is a Rangers fan saying an unbeaten league season is better.

Dare to praise Callum Davidson? First response is a Rangers fan saying Gerrard is better.

There was a tweet about Guardiola getting manager of the year in England, and you had Rangers fans commenting bitterly that Callum Davidson should get that award 😂

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oh yeah, the new wave are absolute fanboys and very sensitive. 

I remember when Ryan hedges got sent off after 20 minutes at pittodrie, if you hinted that it might have impacted the game you were met with ‘ACTUALLY Gerrard made a tactical tweak just 2 minutes before the red card that meant the game was already over really’. 

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I remember when Ryan hedges got sent off after 20 minutes at pittodrie, if you hinted that it might have impacted the game you were met with ‘ACTUALLY Gerrard made a tactical tweak just 2 minutes before the red card that meant the game was already over really’. 

It's nice that you've finally been able to get that off your chest.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm sorry I didn't realise an obviously correct decision in a game 6 months ago was so traumatising.

Hopefully you recover soon.

10 minutes ago, DMCs said:

I'm sorry I didn't realise an obviously correct decision in a game 6 months ago was so traumatising.

Hopefully you recover soon.

I can see you must be fairly dim because he is not contesting the decision at all.

Just taking the piss out of Rangers/Gerrard fanboys.