The Celtic All Seasons thread

I hope it was not people connected with either fanbase. Some people are batshit enough without this kind of crap and it would only harm the ability of both clubs to attract talented people as managers and in to the administration of the clubs. 

That said its not much better if it were just clowns torching for either fun or some idiotology. 

4 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

I hope it was not people connected with either fanbase. Some people are batshit enough without this kind of crap and it would only harm the ability of both clubs to attract talented people as managers and in to the administration of the clubs. 

That said its not much better if it were just clowns torching for either fun or some idiotology. 

Might be a posher, modern day ice cream wars, frozen natural yogurt wars maybe.  

43 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's the obvious one that it's disgruntled Celtic supporters who are too stupid to see that this is far, far too far. 

Somebody said a few houses around the area have been given the same treatment but there's been no mention of that in the media - which would be strange. Unless firebombing schemes is the rage now? 

It’s in a few red tops tbf. And yeah, it seems to be a growing thing. A pub round the corner for me got firebombed during broad day light and the guys van too.

Then a purported gangster that runs nightclubs got similar treatment to what PL did a few days ago.

13A90B07-89CA-42BB-A116-FBC11C1E10F3.png

Edited by stressball

Looking like Eddie is close to going to Leicester. 15-20mil apparently with Celtic trying to highball due to the obscene sell on clause from PSG.

Being linked with quite a few players also which surely suggests the manager in waiting is already working behind the scenes

42 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Looking like Eddie is close to going to Leicester. 15-20mil apparently with Celtic trying to highball due to the obscene sell on clause from PSG.

Being linked with quite a few players also which surely suggests the manager in waiting is already working behind the scenes

I am really, really intrigued to see who - and how many - we sign this season. 

Lots to be done.

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I am really, really intrigued to see who - and how many - we sign this season. 

Lots to be done.

Some of the names touted just now are as expected though Doig, McCann, Hickey, Nisbet.

Few suggestions we may try raid a few Bournemouth for the likes of Steve Cook & Begovic.

Massive summer and needs to be done right 

17 hours ago, stressball said:

Then a purported gangster that runs nightclubs got similar treatment to what PL did a few days ago.

Is he a gangster? I can't find anything on that. If so then my couple of visits to Rogano funded crime. Seems like it's shut down now though.

23 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Is he a gangster? I can't find anything on that. If so then my couple of visits to Rogano funded crime. Seems like it's shut down now though.

Quite a bit of word by mouth rumours about him aye, might be jealousy I suppose but given the situation it’s easy to believe.

Although the possibility that some moron has decided it’s time for a purge and is going after affluent businessmen is also a possibility.

Edited by stressball

17 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Might be a posher, modern day ice cream wars, frozen natural yogurt wars maybe.  

No need to whip this up...

You are still in touch with Ivan Toney. Whilst it looks inevitable he will join someone like West Ham or Spurs (or possibly Arsenal), the lad only wants to move for first team football. He really likes the way Celtic have treated him over the past year or so, constantly kept in contact with him. 

As for Begovic, I am not convinced. He looked very good at Stoke, but that move to Chelsea killed him. 

12 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

You are still in touch with Ivan Toney. Whilst it looks inevitable he will join someone like West Ham or Spurs (or possibly Arsenal), the lad only wants to move for first team football. He really likes the way Celtic have treated him over the past year or so, constantly kept in contact with him. 

As for Begovic, I am not convinced. He looked very good at Stoke, but that move to Chelsea killed him. 

I wasn’t aware of that all, I assumed we would have missed our opportunity with him due to just how outstanding he has been this season that a premier league move would be inevitable. He would be a sensational signing if we could make that happen.

15 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Ivan Toney just broke the goal scoring record in the Championship and will be joining someone for around £15M-£20M+.

Celtic will not be able to meet that kind of transfer fee given the other positions they need to fill.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Ivan Toney just broke the goal scoring record in the Championship and will be joining someone for around £15M-£20M+.

Celtic will not be able to meet that kind of transfer fee given the other position they need to fill.

I don’t think 15-20 mil would be out of reach as essentially it’s just re-investing the fee we will get for Edouard so it’s essentially a swap deal.

All of this ofc depends how much Howe will be backed as you say we have a lot of positions needing 

However in saying that surely he is destined for the Premier League as he’s been superb

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t think 15-20 mil would be out of reach as essentially it’s just re-investing the fee we will get for Edouard so it’s essentially a swap deal.

All of this ofc depends how much Howe will be backed as you say we have a lot of positions needing filled

You need to remember though that 40% of any fee received for Edouard is due to PSG so there would still need to be a significant outlay regardless. I just can't see it happening realistically.

If you look at the two most recent sales Brentford made to EPL teams for reference, Ollie Watkins went to Aston Villa for £30M and Said Benrahma went to West Ham for £20M. Toney would command a similar fee after the season he has just had. I just don't think that's something anyone in Scotland can compete with.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

You need to remember though that 40% of any fee received for Edouard is due to PSG so there would still need to be a significant outlay regardless. I just can't see it happening realistically.

If you look at the two most recent sales Brentford made to EPL teams for reference, Ollie Watkins went to Aston Villa for £30M and Said Benrahma went to West Ham for £20M. Toney would command a similar fee after the season he has just had. I just don't think that's something anyone in Scotland can compete with.

I think he’s destined for Premier League anyway, being honest he’s probably a class above what we could attract at this time, we had the opportunity and missed it so I doubt we will get a second chance however what a coup if we could.

With Harry Kane now making noises about moving I wouldn’t  be surprised to see someone like Spurs move for him as I doubt they will be attracting the very best especially if they miss out on Europe

Edited by Jinky67

Obviously he is most likely going to be joining a Premiership club, but he has been really impressed with the way Celtic have conducted themselves in the past 12 months or so. He is reluctant to join West Ham, Spurs look like a probable move with the news on Kane. 

He is desperate to play international football, for England or Jamaica, so he knows he needs to be playing first team football. 

I doubt he will make the move up North, but thought it was worth posting. I think after this season especially there is obviously this impression that Celtic are a complete basket case, but from what I've been told, they have acted incredibly well towards the lad. To the point the club sent him some piece of Celtic memorabilia when he broke the Championship goal scoring record the other week.  

19 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I doubt he will make the move up North, but thought it was worth posting. I think after this season especially there is obviously this impression that Celtic are a complete basket case, but from what I've been told, they have acted incredibly well towards the lad. To the point the club sent him some piece of Celtic memorabilia when he broke the Championship goal scoring record the other week.  

This just sounds like an intern sending flowers to the 10/10 bird in their work while she is busy getting rattled in the toilets by the company director.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

This just sounds like an intern sending flowers to the 10/10 bird in their work while she is busy getting rattled in the toilets by the company director.

I don't think Ivan Toney is getting rattled by anyone imo.