The Celtic All Seasons thread

Brown was more or less non existent in his first few seasons of old firm games Against the likes of Ferguson , Thompson and Davis . Only time he appeared was ironically when he would lose the rag against Lafferty Winding him up hook line and sinker and get sent off for reacting  😆

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Medals =/= player ability

OK then. Henrik Larsson stayed at Celtic for 7 years (your argument was also league’s played in) is Davis better than him too :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

OK then. Henrik Larsson stayed at Celtic for 7 years (your argument was also league’s played in) is Davis better than him too :lol: 

Kris Boyd is better than Henrik Larsson tbf.

On a serious note though, Larsson at least went and had a shot at the big leagues and did well in them. Brown never did that.

6 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

What a ridiculous comparison 

larsson was one of the best players to have ever played in Scotland 

that does not alter the fact that Steven Davis is a better footballer than Scott Brown 😆

Davis is obviously miles better than Brown.  The whole medals thing is a complete fallacy when you remember that Brown's medals are mostly hollow, given the fact that he played for a club with 10 times the budget of their nearest challenger for 6 years before Rangers were promoted to the Premiership, and even, Rangers were brutal for 2 years after that.

Davis played at a much higher level than Brown.

Steven Davis is a different type of player to Brown (definitely more technically gifted.)

I suppose you’d argue either way who’s better or more successful.

Ultimately the Green and the Blue won’t agree on it any way...

So lets argue about who the next Celtic  manager will be and why it’s going to be two years before we challenge for the title again.

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Larsson has been part of squads that have won domestic trophies in 5 countries (including 2 of the top 5 leagues), he’s played in and helped win a Champions League final, been runner up in a UEFA Cup Final, has played in 2 European Championships and 3 World Cups - you cannot compare his career to Scott Brown’s career.

6 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Scott Brown in sevco's head again magic.

I was going to post about him being able to dish it out but not being able to take it back.  I'd better not do that now, thanks Willie for setting me straight here.

37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Larsson has been part of squads that have won domestic trophies in 5 countries (including 2 of the top 5 leagues), he’s played in and helped win a Champions League final, been runner up in a UEFA Cup Final, has played in 2 European Championships and 3 World Cups - you cannot compare his career to Scott Brown’s career.

I agree completely. I was more making the point to G51 that you can be an outstanding player while staying at Celtic for a long period of time without moving to EPL dross.
 Not to say Brown is outstanding, but neither is Davis. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nobody has said either of them are. 

I realise that. I just meant it was a tad sacreligious of me to mention them in the same breath as Larsson in the first place.

Davis is obviously miles better than Brown.  The whole medals thing is a complete fallacy when you remember that Brown's medals are mostly hollow, given the fact that he played for a club with 10 times the budget of their nearest challenger for 6 years before Rangers were promoted to the Premiership, and even, Rangers were brutal for 2 years after that.
Davis played at a much higher level than Brown.

Can’t really blame the guy for not wanting to re-sign for the newco, even if Southampton got the rangers captain in the bargain bucket, think it improved his game moving down to England, came back a better player for it.

Saying all that, would still much rather have Brown as my captain.

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I agree completely. I was more making the point to G51 that you can be an outstanding player while staying at Celtic for a long period of time without moving to EPL dross.
 Not to say Brown is outstanding, but neither is Davis. 

Ah right - fair enough.

Brown has been a good captain for Celtic and is undoubtedly a very good player at Scottish Premiership level. It’s difficult to say any more than that though as he never had the opportunity to play in one of top 5 leagues.