The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is their issue not that Celtic agreed to not publicly announce the deal until the season had ended, then Celtic just went and told everyone anyway?

Cant see why they would launch an investigation over what we be a non-binding request, as what would be the benefit?  Only thing I can think of is they might have fucked up and not officially offered him a contract like Everton did with Gosling years ago so didn't get any compensation when he left.

Must admit I know absolutely nothing about Shaw but given that has only just turned 19 and the fans have gone apeshit over Im quite encouraged by this signing albeit rather blindly.

4 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

The young Shaw clearly thick as pigshit if he thinks the Green Secterians are 'one of the most famous and prestigious clubs in the world ' Almost Bonneresque levels of stupidity .

Man that specifically names someone as an “Irish arsehole” instead of just an “arsehole” in sectarian finger pointing shocker.

12 minutes ago, stressball said:

Man that specifically names someone as an “Irish arsehole” instead of just an “arsehole” in sectarian finger pointing shocker.

For the purposes of sectarian balance may I put on record my opinion that the character of 'Mackenzie ' in Emmerdale is very much a "Scottish arsehole"  Other nationalities of arsenals are, of, course , available in the foyer.

Just now, kennie makevin said:

For the purposes of sectarian balance may I put on record my opinion that the character of 'Mackenzie ' in Emmerdale is very much a "Scottish arsehole"  Other nationalities of arsenals are, of, course , available in the foyer.

Arseholes and Arsenals, and indeed Tottenhams

10 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

And the Afrikaans?

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Yeah, I don’t think that would really stand up as a decent defence tbh. Probs best either accepting you are  a hypocrite or just scarper off. 

Edited by gannonball

Some noise in the papers about Celtic potentially signing Thomas Robert of Airdrie. Was in having trials the last few weeks.

Obviously there's almost no cost involved in this one, but he's 20 now and is he really going to make the step up?

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

The young Shaw clearly thick as pigshit if he thinks the Green Secterians are 'one of the most famous and prestigious clubs in the world ' Almost Bonneresque levels of stupidity .

Spot on. He should have said he wasn't particularly fussed and thinks the fans are arseholes.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Maybe losing the 10 & Rangers* winning the league has knocked Celtic's confidence to the point where they believe that they are now only a quarter of the OF*.  That seems to be the only scenario where both accounts can be true.

Some noise in the papers about Celtic potentially signing Thomas Robert of Airdrie. Was in having trials the last few weeks.
Obviously there's almost no cost involved in this one, but he's 20 now and is he really going to make the step up?

Can’t say I’ve heard much about this, or the player.
I would imagine there will be a bit of a clear out coming soon, might be useful.

13 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Maybe losing the 10 & Rangers* winning the league has knocked Celtic's confidence to the point where they believe that they are now only a quarter of the OF*.  That seems to be the only scenario where both accounts can be true.

If the current incarnation of Rangers are part of the Old Firm, then Celtic will only be a third of it...

53 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If the current incarnation of Rangers are part of the Old Firm, then Celtic will only be a third of it...

Celtic are the only one left from the "old firm" so if they choose not to use it then it is no more.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

To be fair in comparison to Sheffield Wednesday Inverness are a prestigious club. It’s not that much of a stretch and he’s obviously not going to come out to say aw they’re a big team in a shite league is he?