The Celtic All Seasons thread

EfKVrdOXYAIvQjD?format=jpg%26name=large&key=683bb5a2b35121bf19e0a33ae1d91b907dac10dc03b95429495c3185ea19032a

That was obviously in regard to rangers* blatant disregard for testing protocol in their friendly v Dundee Utd where 8 players played without receiving their test results back after just returning from France. I’m sure the rangers Motherwell game that evening was delayed til all players had the all clear.

I’m not sure what flagrant disregard of testing protocol Celtic are guilty of, or why you’re posting it here, or why you’re on celticstar.com in the 1st place.

IMG_0943.jpg

52 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

That was obviously in regard to rangers* blatant disregard for testing protocol in their friendly v Dundee Utd where 8 players played without receiving their test results back after just returning from France. I’m sure the rangers Motherwell game that evening was delayed til all players had the all clear.

I’m not sure what flagrant disregard of testing protocol Celtic are guilty of, or why you’re posting it here, or why you’re on celticstar.com in the 1st place.

IMG_0943.jpg

They’ve obviously forgot about that game,they’ve got other things to jump on now.

Can anyone tell me why Bolingoli wasn't sacked for what he done?

I only ask as my girlfriend works for Celtic and there's a lot of her colleagues asserting that if it were them who'd done what Bolingoli had done they'd be out the door with a P45 immediately. If one of them were to now f**k off to Spain for a weekend and go back to work on Monday, would they be within their rights to point out that a precedent has been set and they can't lose their job?

Seems to me Bolingoli has only been kept on so Celtic can make some money from moving him on. Not sure it sends the right message tbh.

I only ask as my girlfriend works for Celtic and there's a lot of her colleagues asserting that if it were them who'd done what Bolingoli had done they'd be out the door with a P45 immediately. If one of them were to now f**k off to Spain for a weekend and go back to work on Monday, would they be within their rights to point out that a precedent has been set and they can't lose their job?
Seems to me Bolingoli has only been kept on so Celtic can make some money from moving him on. Not sure it sends the right message tbh.
Given the fact its a footballer on big bucks I'd imagine there will be a lot of boxes they'd need to tick before sacking him. I've got a sneaky feeling he'll be snuck out on loan tbh.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It probably doesn’t send the right message, but footballers are assets worth a lot of money.

Celtic will no doubt look to offload him in a way that minimises their losses.

Edited by AJF

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Reports said that Celtic paid £3 million for Bolingoll. Transfer fees are amortised over the length of the player's contract, 4 years in his case. Sacking him would mean that the rest of the fee would have to be written off this year.  If Celtic can get a replacement in at reasonable cost, he could be sold at a loss or loaned out but that may be difficult.

Wikipedia says that Ajeti scored 29 goals in 58 games for Basel, a very decent record in the Swiss league. £4.5 million seems a good deal as West Ham appear to have taken a £3 million hit on him. 

Your girlfriend could ask HR at Celtic. Worth a try.

26 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Given the fact its a footballer on big bucks I'd imagine there will be a lot of boxes they'd need to tick before sacking him. I've got a sneaky feeling he'll be snuck out on loan tbh.

It's gross misconduct, I'm not sure what other box needs ticked. 

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Your girlfriend could ask HR at Celtic. Worth a try.

Aye, I did say that she should ask the question. Although she's just been furloughed again so might be a while.

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If a better player is also found to have breached the rules then they would need to sack him too. As well as the final paragraph. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I did say that she should ask the question. Although she's just been furloughed again so might be a while.

Your girlfriend has been furloughed on the day that her employer has agreed a fee of £4.5 million to obtain a footballing asset?  That can't be true surely?!

If a better player is also found to have breached the rules then they would need to sack him too. As well as the final paragraph. 

Also if a player/asset, such as Edouard for instance, wanted to leave and the club refused to sell him all he’d need to do is jump a plane to Spain and not tell anyone til he’s back playing again and the club would be forced to sack him.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

He's facing a disciplinary process, and presumably dismissal is one possible outcome of that, although I agree it probably won't happen.