The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Sadly, you can see the financial gulf between Aberdeen & Celtic at play even here.  At least the the eight Aberdeen players kept it local & can at best be described as village idiots, but Bolingoli's stupidity can be considered to be at international level.  So the difference between Aberdeen & Celtic is that Celtic can attract a better class of idiot. ;)

Would have Jonny Hayes every day of the week over Boli at left back.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Clearly the SFA and SPFL will have to make a stand on this whether that be fines, suspensions or points deductions for serious breaches of the current guidelines. 

They would need to make up the rules for Covid breaches first surely? You wouldn’t be able to retrospectively Punish what has already gone on either. I do think something needs to be drawn up though.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

It clearly wasn't 100, it was hyperbole.  But it was also clearly not socially distanced and more than he should've had in his house.  A clear breach of the guidelines for footballers.

I'm not up for crucifying individuals for these things, but I'm making a point it's been multiple issues already and the season is 2 games old.

There is more than 4 house holds in a dress room, it's pretty clear players are not giving a feck because they have the key to the city.

Just now, gannonball said:

They would need to make up the rules for Covid breaches first surely? You wouldn’t be able to retrospectively Apunish what has already gone on either. I do think something needs to be drawn up though.

I wonder if some sort of bringing the game into disrepute charge could be levelled just now but yes, something which basically states that here is the punishment you get going forward for any significant breaches. 

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I work offshore and work with people who live Spain and they are allowed to travel without isolation because they get tested.

However Boli isn’t classified as a key worker and we are currently duty bound to disclose if we have visited any countries in our time off to our employers before we go offshore.

I'd imagine you get a survey etc to fill in confirming where you have been? If you don't complete before mobilising you don't get offshore?

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is more than 4 house holds in a dress room, it's pretty clear players are not giving a feck because they have the key to the city.

We were told that at Aberdeen training there is only three players allowed in the dressing room at a time.

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I work offshore and work with people who live Spain and they are allowed to travel without isolation because they get tested.

However Boli isn’t classified as a key worker and we are currently duty bound to disclose if we have visited any countries in our time off to our employers before we go offshore.

And they say players are fecking idiots, the fans on here haven't got a scooby.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd imagine you get a survey etc to fill in confirming where you have been? If you don't complete before mobilising you don't get offshore?

We were told that at Aberdeen training there is only three players allowed in the dressing room at a time.

At my local club when players return next week the squad will get changed in 5 separate areas

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah thats what I was meaning by disclosing, at the start of lockdown however they werent allowed to come offshore before the covid testing got implemented. I must add though some rigs still aren’t testing and are allowing folk from abroad to come offshore without isolation as they have been given ‘dispensation’. As you could imagine its really pissed off others working on there,

28 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Not sure how calendars work in Toryland but it's 9 weeks 4 days until the opening league game on 17th October

That's very interesting but we're kicking a competitive ball on 6th October in the Betfred Cup, as well you know.

Fact remains Falkirk, among others, are back in training already. If that's banned again, potentially for a month, it completely screws up preparation for a new season. It's just not true to say nothing is happening at lower league clubs at the moment.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah thats what I was meaning by disclosing, at the start of lockdown however they werent allowed to come offshore before the covid testing got implemented. I must add though some rigs still aren’t testing and are allowing folk from abroad to come offshore without isolation as they have been given ‘dispensation’. As you could imagine its really pissed off others working on there,

The company I work with has been really good with the testing. There's a worry now that they look like slowing things down.

Before testing we had a list of something like 15 countries that meant isolation from work if you were returning from any of them.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Obviously,  if they are not even training yet 

I was taking the piss out of Willy's response, mate.