The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I wonder if we’ll need to shorten the season now

No way they can pause and squeeze all these games in later

Scenes if we need to pull out of Euro competitions as well 

Hope the ScotGov think very carefully about this. As someone who votes SNP, the political fallout from shutting it down again would be pretty significant 

I'm starting to wonder that too.

Suppose from the SPFL's point of view, it's easy enough to just cancel the split and that'll buy you 5 extra matchdays and get rid of a scheduling headache. Won't be popular but it makes sense if something needs to be done.

Just now, Bohemian said:

Shagger still injured for Wednesday? Need fantasy points ha

If they've played a player who shouldn't have been playing then that's pretty serious. 

I've just seen Joey's posts about Gerrard going abroad, maybe we'll end up getting fcuked too.

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I wonder if we’ll need to shorten the season now

No way they can pause and squeeze all these games in later

Scenes if we need to pull out of Euro competitions as well 

Hope the ScotGov think very carefully about this. As someone who votes SNP, the political fallout from shutting it down again would be pretty significant 

Football was brought back early against SG wishes. Obviously they did eventually agree but with strict stipulations - Return to Training, Return to Playing etc... They have all said 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir' to Jason Leitch tonight and now this breaks. Controlling a pandemic is more important than a few voters' noses being out of joint. Not everyone votes SNP. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

If they've played a player who shouldn't have been playing then that's pretty serious. 

I've just seen Joey's posts about Gerrard going abroad, maybe we'll end up getting fcuked too.

You’d better read my amended posts. It wasn’t him, it was his family, who apparently live in a different country. So no worries there.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

I agree but ya didnt answer my question about shagger😂

Sack him. He’s not only broken the guidelines for football to return, but he’s broken the law by failing to quarantine when returning from a high risk country.

Celtic need to get him punted to prove to the government that something is being done about this.

Unacceptable he’s has risked the health of himself and his teammates and put the season at risk while knowing what’s at stake.

This is on another level from what happened with the Aberdeen players

Rip up his contract and donate his wages to the NHS

What a p***k

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Unacceptable he’s has risked the health or himself and his teammates and put the season at risk while knowing what’s at stake.

This is on another level from what happened with the Aberdeen players

Rip up his contract and donate his wages to the NHS

What a p***k

I don't think one is worse than the other. Equally stupid.

Can see celtic using this as the the perfect excuse to get rid of bolingoli. Which would be the correct decision because of his behaviour. But do you think they would taken the same stance if it was french eddy who had been caught out being as stupid as boli?

Football was brought back early against SG wishes. Obviously they did eventually agree but with strict stipulations - Return to Training, Return to Playing etc... They have all said 'yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir' to Jason Leitch tonight and now this breaks. Controlling a pandemic is more important than a few voters' noses being out of joint. Not everyone votes SNP. 

I appreciate you may have some inside knowledge, but there is nothing in the Scottish government's actions that suggest that bringing back football was against their wishes. They included the return of elite professional sport at Stage 2 in their roadmap out of coronavirus, which kicked in at some point in June. There were certainly still issues with contact training and so on at that point, but there is no reason to suspect that they didn't want football back full stop.

The meeting with Leitch today occurred after this incident, so I'm not sure how this story should affect any of that, unless he's expecting Celtic to have invented a time machine to go back and tell him not to do it.