The Celtic All Seasons thread

10 hours ago, capt_oats said:

See, until he’s actually stood at Carrow Road (or wherever) with a scarf over his head then I wouldn’t rule out him still ending up at Celtic.

Despite another public shitfit from them I’d imagine the Celtic offer still exists in some form. All I’ve seen mentioned is that they’ll look at other options and they’ve #movedon. There’s nothing that’s officially said the offer Motherwell accepted has been withdrawn.

Celtic just seem to have publicly shat it a bit when concrete interest from the EPL has come along. They also seem to have taken the huff that he/his agent weren't talking exclusively to them.

He’s consistently said he’d listen to what teams had to say and make a decision based on what makes most sense for him/his development.

Who knows, he may decide that team is Celtic.

Sadly Captain you may have called it right 😞

15 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Hopefully Celtic Football Club's new Celtic Football Club transfer guru Nick Hammond had a hand in writing that Celtic Football Club statement about Celtic Football Club transfer target David Turnbull. 

This would be a good sign that we are entering Celtic Football Club's banter years.

Celtic Football Club

Hope you wrote a keystroke macro for Celtic Football Club.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Do you remember Neil Lennon's first time around? 

When Rangers went bust and someone's dead granny could've won the league with Celtic?

Hearing Johnston and Morgan linked with Panathinaikos today is a strange one. Think Johnston will get some serious game time with us this season, he's would have had more starts if it wasn't for a few injuries but would be great for Morgan to experience another league at a decent level.

Oh and thoughts and prayers are with the PnB diddy bed wetter faithful at this difficult time regarding the recent Turnbull developments. YNWA x o

Hearing Johnston and Morgan linked with Panathinaikos today is a strange one. Think Johnston will get some serious game time with us this season, he's would have had more starts if it wasn't for a few injuries but would be great for Morgan to experience another league at a decent level.
Oh and thoughts and prayers are with the PnB diddy bed wetter faithful at this difficult time regarding the recent Turnbull developments. YNWA x o

Why can we not just take Morgan on loan? Give him 38 games to prove himself at this level first of all.

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

Would be good to see Tierney head to the major leagues tbh.

It’s a good opportunity for Tierney to move to a big club in a better league. Hopefully he has the ambition to try it especially given he’s going down to probably be their first choice.

Its a different world now. Turnbull, at only 19, is the best/worst example I have seen of a young Scottish player putting cash over ambition. He’s shown himself up to be a right greedy wee b*****d.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s a good opportunity for Tierney to move to a big club in a better league. Hopefully he has the ambition to try it especially given he’s going down to probably be their first choice.

Its a different world now. Turnbull, at only 19, is the best/worst example I have seen of a young Scottish player putting cash over ambition. He’s shown himself up to be a right greedy wee b*****d.

20 minutes ago, Desp said:

Based on what? Daily Record reporting? 

f**k knows it's rather bizarre claim. He can get some game time with us, win trophies, gain European exposure then if he desires head down south  with a sterner reputation with a more established EPL club like Armstrong did. They also have the same agent who could have advised him to take the same path.

Edited by gannonball

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

f**k knows it's rather bizarre claim. He can get some game time with us, win trophies, gain European exposure then if he desires head down south  with a sterner reputation with a more established EPL club like Armstrong did. They also have the same agent who could have advised him to take the same path.

I’d like to see one of our young players gamble now and again. I hope he does well for you but would have loved to see him tearing it up darn sarf.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d like to see one of our young players gamble now and again. I hope he does well for you but would have loved to see him tearing it up darn sarf.

Who's to say he won't though? As @gannonball says he shares the same agent as Armstrong, there's every chance he and his rep have decided to pivot their strategy given the £3m Celtic (and Norwich) were willing to pay limited his options in terms of choice. The upshot seems to have been that it's a better move for him long term to use Celtic as a platform and get first team football.

He's 19, by the time his current deal with Celtic expires he'll still only be 23 and it's likely he'll have far more experience under his belt. 

At the moment he's made 32 appearances for Motherwell. With the Norwich offer he'd have been on very decent money (on a par with Celtic's offer at least) but would have been further away from the first team than he will be at Parkhead. Moving to Norwich would have been a very decent option but in moving to Celtic he's opted to go for the move that's likely to give him more first team football (and he's ensured his renumeration from Celtic reflects that).

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Who's to say he won't though? As @gannonball says he shares the same agent as Armstrong, there's every chance he's and his rep have decided to pivot their strategy given the £3m Celtic (and Norwich) were willing to pay limited his options in terms of choice. The upshot seems to have been that it's a better move for him long term to use Celtic as a platform and get first team football.

He's 19, by the time his current deal with Celtic expires he'll still only be 23 and it's likely he'll have far more experience under his belt. 

At the moment he's made 32 appearances for Motherwell. With the Norwich offer he'd have been on very decent money (on a par with Celtic's offer at least) but would have been further away from the first team than he will be at Parkhead. Moving to Norwich would have been a very decent option but in moving to Celtic he's opted to go for the move that's likely to give him more first team football (and he's ensured his renumeration from Celtic reflects that).

Fair point. Not sure who his competition but I’d hope he gets a lot of starts ahead of Rogic and Christie.