The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Turnover of £233m. That's bigger than Celtic. Football is a business. Leicester's business is bigger than Celtic's business,

Leicester are bigger than Celtic. There can be no argument about it. 

There can be an argument about it as it's your opinion that football is a business, which is not how most fans see it.

Football is about fans, trophies, winning stuff, in my opinion there can be no argument about that.

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Some might argue it's about domestic trophies or European success in that case Aberdeen are bigger than Leicester....

Money is all that matters these days. That's obvious. Winning trophies is next to irrelevant. You can see that in the way teams qualify for the Champions league.

1 minute ago, RPHG said:

There can be an argument about it as it's your opinion that football is a business, which is not how most fans see it.

Football is about fans, trophies, winning stuff, in my opinion there can be no argument about that.

Not these days. Fans are pretty irrelevant to the people running football as well. It's all about the money.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

Money is all that matters these days. That's obvious. Winning trophies is next to irrelevant. You can see that in the way teams qualify for the Champions league.

All that matters to the people that run the clubs not sure fans would see it the same way..  

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

All that matters to the people that run the clubs not sure fans would see it the same way..  

Of course not but it doesn't  stop the **** crowing about their income when they manage to fluke it into the CL group stages.

It's fun to see the c***s realise their level in the grand scheme of things in world football. A middling EPL team are poaching their manager and don't even blink at the thought of paying approx. £6m in compo.

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Turnover of £233m. That's bigger than Celtic. Football is a business. Leicester's business is bigger than Celtic's business,

Leicester are bigger than Celtic. There can be no argument about it. 

"size of club" is a very subjective matter and utterly pointless in this kind of discussion.  On some measures Leicester are far bigger, on others Celtic are far bigger.

Ultimately Rodgers is looking after his own career and doesn't give a f**k about "size of club".  Leicester provides a platform for his ambitions that Celtic don't at this moment in time, that is all.

16 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not these days. Fans are pretty irrelevant to the people running football as well. It's all about the money.

Aye, but I don't care too much about who's running the club, they don't care about me as a fan.

It's been like that since I bought my first ticket in 1996 and will continue to be like that.

6 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Worth posting this again for all the greeting Selkirk fans...IMG_6471.jpg

Both scenarios are wrong there. Celtic create enough revenue in Scotland that other clubs do OK from it but nothing like enough where they will be seriously threatened. The Champions League does the same, with Celtic in the role  of "other".

Just waking up and seeing the news.  I'm obviously extremely disappointed as Brendan has been Celtic's best manager since Martin O'Neill but without the same amount of financial backing that Martin got but realistically the financial muscle of the Premier League is often too much for players and managers to turn down.  I rate Brendan highly as a manager, have done so since his Swansea days and I wish him all the best going forward

As for his successor, I hope Celtic bring in someone from a newer school of manager at least.  Steve Clarke would be excellent but there are other good managers, just hope Celtic don't end up with some of the old guard like David Moyes (who I am sure has already started calling journalists to tip himself for the job)

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As for his successor, I hope Celtic bring in someone from a newer school of manager at least.  Steve Clarke would be excellent but there are other good managers, just hope Celtic don'tend up with some of the old guard like David Moyes (who I am sure has already started calling journalists to tip himself for the job)

Can't see Clarke coming after recent stuff with the grief he was getting at Ibrox. He was close to tears with disgust for Scotland and the problems that Celtic and Rangers cause.

He isn't the type to be bought or come purely for money, strikes me as the type of guy that wouldn't change his lifestyle if he was to wake up a billionaire one day. 

It all comes down to Rodgers thinking that he is a top 6 English Premier League Manager. He cant go back to Liverpool, he cant go to Man United as he was at Liverpool and would never get the City job so he will be looking at Tottenham, Chelsea or Arsenal, he has been overlooked recently for both positions at Chelsea and Arsenal. He could win 15 trebles at Celtic and they would still overlook him. If he can consolidate Leicester as a top 8 club maybe 2 years on the trot along with developing some younger players, being shrewd in the transfer market and playing an attractive brand of football that will get them taking notice.

13 minutes ago, Guts said:

Can't see Clarke coming after recent stuff with the grief he was getting at Ibrox. He was close to tears with disgust for Scotland and the problems that Celtic and Rangers cause.

He isn't the type to be bought or come purely for money, strikes me as the type of guy that wouldn't change his lifestyle if he was to wake up a billionaire one day. 

Or he could take it and pump the blue cheek time after time as GIRFUY to the zombie scum..

Edited by Bohemian