The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, Bohemian said:

They pretty much covered their financial loss of missing  out on the  champions league by selling Dembele and Armstrong.  A decent Europa league run should make up for the rest.  A few loan signings and they will have enough to win the league again but if I was a Celtic fan I'd be fuming after this summers transfer business, Rodgers will be gone next summer, no point to him being there. 

I think you are right. 

Speaks volumes for the recruitment team at Celtic, including Brendan Rodgers.

£3m pissed away on Kouassi (sp?), only to bring in a guy who Kilmarnock picked up on a free last season. 

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

£3m pissed away on Kouassi (sp?), only to bring in a guy who Kilmarnock picked up on a free last season. 

I think everything hangs on Dembélé going.

5 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Mulumbu isn’t a bad signing for Celtic by any means especially on a free. But it does show what recruitment is like this season.

it's not a bad signing but for a team who are supposedly desperate to improve in europe its poor.

10 minutes ago, Desp said:

The thing is he is also probably a last minute scramble type signing(if he does sign that is). So there wasn't even any planning in that regard. 

For every £3m dud there's usually a Virgil Van Dijk, Dembele or Ntcham. Got to speculate to accumulate at times.

15 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

For every £3m dud there's usually a Virgil Van Dijk, Dembele or Ntcham. Got to speculate to accumulate at times.

That's a fair point. 

You need a hit on another central defender soon though!

As much as I like Mulumbu there are 2 reasons why Celtic signing him would be underwhelming

1. Midfield is not an area Celtic really need to strengthen

2. Celtic should have signed John McGinn who is a much more exciting player but the board cheaped out