The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just now, RiG said:

Just seems to be an odd signing when you seem to at least have a few other options there. Defence seems to be the main sticking point for you guys isn't it?

Yeah this seems to have come about through our Man City links (Lawwels son is part of the scouting network there Im led to believe).  Defence is our main issue but after the elimination from the champions league Im guessing we struggle to attract any one who is better than what we currently have although a lot of fans just want to see somebody in the door regardless. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

WHy the f**k did Celtic sign Morgan then?

Same reason they signed Allan and Christie. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Same reason they signed Allan and Christie. 

Image result for slow nod gif

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hes practically two footed which is a rarity these days, can easily adapt when we are going from 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 and can take set pieces which we are lacking. 

Image result for wink gif

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hes young and Scottish so we'd rather sign him and let his talent rot than risk missing out 

FTFY 

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FTFY 

Some young scottish  signings have baffled me at times but we dont have the resources for a scatter gun approach to sign up every hot scottish talent going. I was listening to a previous example of this (Mark Wilson) in an interview recently who said he went from being the fittest player at Utd to blowing his arse joining the first team at Celtic.

I think many Scottish players struggle with this aspect nowadays when joining a bigger club who expect you to look after yourself a bit more and maybe put in extra hours.

Many will ignore this though as they have just quadrupled their wages and want to enjoy themselves. Its very hard to gauge how a player will react once at Celtic which is why Rodgers has said in the past there is talent in Scotland but not the right attitude which is why he is sceptical when looking at Scottish players.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Some young scottish  signings have baffled me at times but we dont have the resources for a scatter gun approach to sign up every hot scottish talent going. I was listening to a previous example of this (Mark Wilson) in an interview recently who said he went from being the fittest player at Utd to blowing his arse joining the first team at Celtic.

I think many Scottish players struggle with this aspect nowadays when joining a bigger club who expect you to look after yourself a bit more and maybe put in extra hours.

Many will ignore this though as they have just quadrupled their wages and want to enjoy themselves. Its very hard to gauge how a player will react once at Celtic which is why Rodgers has said in the past there is talent in Scotland but not the right attitude which is why he is sceptical when looking at Scottish players.

For me the 4 players that left Celtic this season are decent,Jamie Lindsay(Ross county),Joe Thomson(Dunfermline),Sam Wardrop(Dundee Utd),Jamie McCart(Inverness)these players didn't make the grade yet they had a lot of success playing with Celtic plus Liam Henderson leaving  for me was a mistake,the bright lights are Tierney,McGregor and Forrest,hopefully Ralston,Miller and Johnston are the next 3 to break into the first team and make the grade.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Just seems to be an odd signing when you seem to at least have a few other options there. Defence seems to be the main sticking point for you guys isn't it?

It's clearly not Rodgers' signing. He makes that obvious himself. Lawwell's son works at City so that's where this deal is coming from. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well this window appears to be going to sh*t. Can’t believe we have gone from the hysteria of a double treble to this in a few months. I have no issue really selling Dembele as he is injury prone and we already signed a replacement but our squad is worse off for sure with Armstrong away, Roberts going back and Broony/ Lustig another year older and slower. And lets not get started on centre backs..

Well this window appears to be going to sh*t. Can’t believe we have gone from the hysteria of a double treble to this in a few months. I have no issue really selling Dembele as he is injury prone and we already signed a replacement but our squad is worse off for sure with Armstrong away, Roberts going back and Broony/ Lustig another year older and slower. And lets not get started on centre backs..

Not going McGinn for the sake of quibbling over £500k-£1m or so was absolutely crazy. He was essentially destined to play for you but the board messed it up.

Given Celtic's starting position this summer and total financial supremacy due to CL money, I've been working under the assumption that they are basically unassailable and would be getting far more than 10 titles (and that still may well be the case) - but they seem to lack any coherent approach to their squad - very weird and if they did somehow blow the league, it would be totally self-inflicted and would look like complacency.

"All" celtic needed to do was keep getting into the CL group stages (and getting skittled out again) and no-one in Scotland would ever get near them but they have definitely blown that part due to fannying about in the transfer market. For a club of Celtic's resources, it's mystifying that they can't get a decent defender or two in - compared to strikers and creative players, that is supposed to be the easy part... 

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

Given Celtic's starting position this summer and total financial supremacy due to CL money, I've been working under the assumption that they are basically unassailable and would be getting far more than 10 titles (and that still may well be the case) - but they seem to lack any coherent approach to their squad - very weird and if they did somehow blow the league, it would be totally self-inflicted and would look like complacency.

"All" celtic needed to do was keep getting into the CL group stages (and getting skittled out again) and no-one in Scotland would ever get near them but they have definitely blown that part due to fannying about in the transfer market. For a club of Celtic's resources, it's mystifying that they can't get a decent defender or two in - compared to strikers and creative players, that is supposed to be the easy part... 

They pretty much covered their financial loss of missing  out on the  champions league by selling Dembele and Armstrong.  A decent Europa league run should make up for the rest.  A few loan signings and they will have enough to win the league again but if I was a Celtic fan I'd be fuming after this summers transfer business, Rodgers will be gone next summer, no point to him being there. 

Edited by Bohemian

They pretty much covered their financial loss of missing  out on the  champions league by selling Dembele and Armstrong.  A decent Europa league run should make up for the rest.  A few loan signings and they will have enough to win the league again but if I was a Celtic fan I'd be fuming after this summers transfer business, Rodgers will be gone next summer, no point to him being there. 

‘If’ you were a Celtic fan? [emoji6]