The Celtic All Seasons thread

I've got to say, as a diehard Ayr united fan, I'm quite disappointed that Mcginn has went to Aston Villa as opposed to Celtic. 

I always like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe and I thought he would have been key to Celtic during their European campaign. 

I hope Brendan brings in a few decent players for Celtic, as I'd like to see at least two or three new additions to the squad and make the league more exciting too. 

Also, Ross Doohan, some keeper! :-) 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've got to say, as a diehard Ayr united fan, I'm quite disappointed that Mcginn has went to Aston Villa as opposed to Celtic. 

I always like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe and I thought he would have been key to Celtic during their European campaign. 

I hope Brendan brings in a few decent players for Celtic, as I'd like to see at least two or three new additions to the squad and make the league more exciting too. 

Also, Ross Doohan, some keeper! :-) 

Big team found. 

Why would Celtic need to bring in 2 or 3 more additions to their squad to make the league more exciting? They're going to fucking stroll it as usual with the squad they've got. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Big team found. 

Why would Celtic need to bring in 2 or 3 more additions to their squad to make the league more exciting? They're going to fucking stroll it as usual with the squad they've got. 

I don't for a second doubt it. :-) 

A few new additions wouldn't go a miss though. :-) replacements for the squad members who have left. 

I don't see what all the McGinn fuss is all about? Celtic merely helped Hibs push up the price for one of their best players, simples. :)

Not too sure about Emilio's return though, surely must be cover as the guy wasn't the player he once was after his leg break.

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

I don't see what all the McGinn fuss is all about? Celtic merely helped Hibs push up the price for one of their best players, simples. :)

Not too sure about Emilio's return though, surely must be cover as the guy wasn't the player he once was after his leg break.

If it means Calvin Miller can go out on loan Im all for it. Hopefully Tierney gets the odd rest too as hes played a rediculous amount of games for a young lad with injury problems in the past.

As for Mcginn I hoped we would sign him but clearly they didnt want to  fork out 4 million for a guy who currently wouldnt get in our team. I hoped they they would think of the bigger picture but c’est la vie. The hysteria by other fans on here over it is rather strange though. Our bids for a guy who could leave for nothing in less than year may not have been acceptable but certainly not derisory. 

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

If it means Calvin Miller can go out on loan Im all for it. Hopefully Tierney gets the odd rest too as hes played a rediculous amount of games for a young lad with injury problems in the past.

As for Mcginn I hoped we would sign him but clearly they didnt want to  fork out 4 million for a guy who currently wouldnt get in our team. I hoped they they would think of the bigger picture but c’est la vie. The hysteria by other fans on here over it is rather strange though. Our bids for a guy who could leave for nothing in less than year may not have been acceptable but certainly not derisory. 

I personally haven't met too many Celtic supporters that are upset at not signing McGinn. A decent player with a future but sitting on the Celtic bench waiting for an opportunity can't be good for his development.

I'd be much happier if the club is being linked or making moves to improve the central defence with a proven CB although Compper was supposed to be the answer but has injury problems at the mo. He might even be like having a new player if he overcomes his injury problems soon.

I wouldn't be too upset if the club brought in a striker on loan we know is taking a huge wedge in wages as long as he can bang in the goals.

I think it's up to the board to WOW the support by actually showing some ambition and signing quality players.

43 minutes ago, gannonball said:

4M? what

Edited by Jambo99

3 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

No idea.

But you don't own your club. 

The Rich people that own your club are probably happy. 

£££££

This might sound like a totally radical proposition. What if investors into football clubs see a return from the profits? I know man, fucking way out there that idea isn't it?

The transfer window ain't closed yet, so there's still time.

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

This might sound like a totally radical proposition. What if investors into football clubs see a return from the profits? I know man, fucking way out there that idea isn't it?

The transfer window ain't closed yet, so there's still time.

ha ha ha ha ha 

2 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

His big team won tonight and his first thought is to post on Celtic related threads. Typical. :lol:

christ. a daisy chain of stupid.

you can't all be this daft

Edited by Jambo99
clarification