The Celtic All Seasons thread

18 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Considering that some of the Shamrock defenders seemed to melt when Celtic players took them on, this must be a big wakeup call to the gap in quality between the SPFL and the League of Ireland.  Only positive for Shamrock that it was only 7 this year, last year Celtic beat them 9-0

Rovers had their kids out because they played a league game the day before, same as last year.  Dundalk and Cork City would easily challenge top six. Also a mention that Rovers and Dundalk have made the group stages of the Europa in recent years something our clubs have failed miserably at.

9 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Rovers had their kids out because they played a league game the day before, same as last year.  Dundalk and Cork City would easily challenge top six. Also a mention that Rovers and Dundalk have made the group stages of the Europa in recent years something our clubs have failed miserably at.

^^^ pish

9 hours ago, The OP said:

Reckon he told Lustig “it’s coming home” which would incense any Swede. Not sure why Boyata reacted though, he’ll clearly be instrumental in defeating Logan’s mob in the final.

Boyata and Logan used to play beside each other coming through at Man City. I actually think Boyata felt he could talk to him about it more than anyone else could. I think thats why you see Boyata gesturing to several players, coaches and officials each time he tries to approach him.

The simple fact of it all is that yes, Logan incites abuse from the crowd with his behaviour, but that is never a reason for said abuse to be based upon race, religion, sexual preference, etc. I don't think anyone comes out of this whole situation in a positive light.

Racism aside, Logan’s a snidely wee c**t. Yes, he has an ongoing dispute with Celtic fans because of the Tonev thing but that’s not the be all and end all. Just because Logan ‘won’ his racism case, doesn’t mean Celtic fans can’t have a beef with him for being a wind up merchant. It now seems that if anyone, Celtic fans especially, raise any issue with Logan then they are struck down by others and told they’re racist. He won his case against Tonev but that doesn’t cover up the fact that he regularly dishes out verbal. I can accept the fact Tonev was found guilty but cannot accept the fact that Logan now seems to think he is an untouchable. His behaviour at Parkhead was Ned to say the least. He’s a poor player who purposely went to wind up opposition fans and now, months later plays the racism card.

Just on a point of balance, if this had been Neil Lennon in his playing days, who had been religiously abused (as was a regular occurance) and then made a complaint to the SFA, nothing would’ve gotten done. In fact, everyone and their dog would be giving him pelters for it. Same with Logan. The fact that he now makes a 2 month old allegation of racism merely chips away at his real accusation against Tonev and feeds into the narrative that he’s a wee p***k.

35 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Tonev got shown the red card at Celtic and 4 years later Logan wants to know
 Image result for where's all the white women at gif

Not sure i get this. I mean: i got it in context in the film but it seems irrelevant here.

unless the joke is that Logan is black too, like the sherriff? in which case, i think you proved brendan wrong.

33 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not sure i get this. I mean: i got it in context in the film but it seems irrelevant here.

unless the joke is that Logan is black too, like the sherriff? in which case, i think you proved brendan wrong.

The joke is Willy isn't very bright.

I’ll re-iterate what I said earlier that I don’t regard Celtic fans as racist.

However, they seem to have short memories about the events of the tonev incident.

If you watch the footage back Logan and tonev exchange Verbals. Logan does not lash out, he doesn’t portray any antics. He goes straight to the red, his captain, his manager to report what has been said.

In the subsequent weeks Logan and Aberdeen said absolutely nothing about the whole case as it would be inappropriate. Celtic very publicly backed a player who was on loan during that period.

I’m not suggesting Logan’s behaviour is exemplary, far from it. He could do without some of the antics he displayed at the end of last season. However, a Celtic fan that doesn’t understand why he has an issue with Celtic as a club is burying their head in the sand.

I don’t mean that as a remark to tar all Celtic fans with any brush but he stayed quiet whilst Celtic essentially called him a liar in a situation where he basically did everything right. The Celtic fans abuse of him started before he started giving it back.

He’s not a saint but have some perspective please.

Has Logan actually said that he was racially abused on the last day of last season or are the greatest fans in the world battering the f**k out of a straw man due to their poor comprehension skills?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/exclusive-logan-expects-to-receive-racial-abuse-from-some-celtic-fans-and-tells-them-bring-it-on1/