The Celtic All Seasons thread

I saw the boy for the first time against the Netherlands Under 21s and he was very good. He played against a big lad called Dumfries from Herenveen who plays in the first team regularly. He ripped him apart and was the star man. It will be interesting to see how he gets on but in all honesty I think playing in the Scottish premiership with celtic next year will bring him on even more. I just hope he isn't wasted on the bench week after week as it is easy to happen to flair players like him who can drift in and out of games similar to jonny hayes at celtic this year. He would walk in to any other premier league teams starting 11 so no reason why he cant get a good run of games for celtic next season in the domestic games.

12 minutes ago, AmateurCoach said:

I saw the boy for the first time against the Netherlands Under 21s and he was very good. He played against a big lad called Dumfries from Herenveen who plays in the first team regularly. He ripped him apart and was the star man. It will be interesting to see how he gets on but in all honesty I think playing in the Scottish premiership with celtic next year will bring him on even more. I just hope he isn't wasted on the bench week after week as it is easy to happen to flair players like him who can drift in and out of games similar to jonny hayes at celtic this year. He would walk in to any other premier league teams starting 11 so no reason why he cant get a good run of games for celtic next season in the domestic games.

When we get promoted Celtic can loan him back to us and he can get some Premier League experience :)

Morgan is more than a flair player. He works hard for the 90 mins and I would say only over a 6/8 week period when he was making his mind up where to go, did he not seem totally on his game. But since he made his decision he is back to normal.  Of course there is room for improvement in his game but he is a worker.

We signed Paul McMullan on loan from Celtic 18 months ago and was surprised how poor he was. No heart nor work-rate and a one trick pony. I thought at the time why are we signing these guys when Morgan is miles better? Besides being a two-footed winger he now has added goals to him game and can shoot with either foot from outside the box. Second top scorer behind Dobbie  in the Championship which is not bad for a wide player.

Worth noting there's only about six months between Morgan and Christie in terms of age. Morgan turns 22 this year, he's the same age as Dembele and Henderson and is older than Ntcham and Roberts.

For all this talk about Morgan being a "huge prospect", he's relatively old to be making his breakthrough, and I remain unconvinced the hype is deserved.
We're only four days into the year ffs.

1 minute ago, Cumdog35 said:

Morgan wasting his career to sit on a bench. Sigh. Will be back at St.Mirren in 2 year or another Scottish club.

So hes wasting his career to work with better coaches and players, play in a higher league, possibly Europe then maybe in two years move to a club probably still bigger than St.Mirren. How is that wasting your career exactly?  

You only need to look at Kieran Tierney as a young player who has not looked back since being introduced to the first team at Celtic. There is also your young centre half that's getting game time. Writing a player off before he has even kicked a ball is unfair. 

I believe he is good enough to be a future Scotland cap and he has just enhanced his chances with this move.

He only turned 21  three months ago. I assume you haven't watched him at U21 level where he has started in 5 games (the only Championship player to start in those games) and was MoM in most of them? In the game against the Netherlands in Paisley he made the £15M Oliver Burke look like he couldn't lace Morgan's boots. A truly exceptional two-footed talent who will be a huge success. Celtic are getting a bargain.
I watched the England game, and I'm pretty sure I commented on his performance on here. I'm just very wary of proclaiming a player who turns 22 this year some great white hope because hes playing well in the second tier. There's been numerous players over the years who have had a superb few months at that stage of their career and then vanished.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:
2 hours ago, NorthBank said:
He only turned 21  three months ago. I assume you haven't watched him at U21 level where he has started in 5 games (the only Championship player to start in those games) and was MoM in most of them? In the game against the Netherlands in Paisley he made the £15M Oliver Burke look like he couldn't lace Morgan's boots. A truly exceptional two-footed talent who will be a huge success. Celtic are getting a bargain.

I watched the England game, and I'm pretty sure I commented on his performance on here. I'm just very wary of proclaiming a player who turns 22 this year some great white hope because hes playing well in the second tier. There's been numerous players over the years who have had a superb few months at that stage of their career and then vanished.

If he was just playing well in the second tier I could understand people's reservations. However he has not only not been out of place at international level but excelled in a team full of Premiership players. He can only play against who is in front of him and has easily done that for two years now. At least 5 other Clubs that I am aware of have tried to sign Lewis as they obviously recognise his talent. Of course every signing is a gamble but I have watched this lad every week for two years and know a decent player when I see one. My major reservation is game time but that applies to all players. They have to play regularly to improve. Lewis is certainly capable of playing every week in the Premiership. Just like John McGinn was when he was with us and Hibs while playing in the Championship.

If he was just playing well in the second tier I could understand people's reservations. However he has not only not been out of place at international level but excelled in a team full of Premiership players. He can only play against who is in front of him and has easily done that for two years now. At least 5 other Clubs that I am aware of have tried to sign Lewis as they obviously recognise his talent. Of course every signing is a gamble but I have watched this lad every week for two years and know a decent player when I see one. My major reservation is game time but that applies to all players. They have to play regularly to improve. Lewis is certainly capable of playing every week in the Premiership. Just like John McGinn was when he was with us and Hibs while playing in the Championship.
It's purely my opinion, I've been wrong far more times than I've been right.

I've no issue with Morgan signing for Celtic.  He was one of a number of very talented players cast off by Sinclair when he was in charge of the youths.  We've watched quite a few of these players move on to promising careers thanks to his incompetence.  He owes Rangers nothing.

I've no issue with Morgan signing for Celtic.  He was one of a number of very talented players cast off by Sinclair when he was in charge of the youths.  We've watched quite a few of these players move on to promising careers thanks to his incompetence.  He owes Rangers nothing.

Sinclair was a bit of a dinosaur by all accounts. If ye had someone component in charge of the youths you could have seen a few of them break through to the first team, especially while in the lower leagues.