The Celtic All Seasons thread

29 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

It's not the healthiest approach to life to spend it in bars, but there's nothing wrong with a quiet pint or with older men who are single or widowed. Life can throw anything at you. Scottish people are too gossipy and judgemental about this stuff. It reeks a bit of the kirk and social conservatism.

At least we know what demographic you fit into, m8.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf if you're over 50, and you spend your nights sitting alone at a bar, something has gone wrong somewhere. 

I disagree. In my previous local there was a regular there. Older guy, retired and in receipt of his pension.

He’d be in the boozer fairly early with his dog and his paper getting some breakfast before enjoying some pints.

He’d then nip next door to the bookies shorty before 3pm, put on his coupon and then take the dog home before heading back to the pub to watch the scores come in with another few pints before heading home.

He was one of the nicest and most content blokes I’ve ever met. It certainly didn’t come across that “something had gone wrong” with his life. Quite the opposite.

NEIL LENNON is at the centre of a police probe over claims he was involved in an alleged cross-border Covid-breach. 

Cops are investigating after a video clip emerged online that appeared to show the former Celtic boss at a hotel in England -  a day after outdoor boozers opened down south.

Lennon, 49,  who lives in Glasgow, was filmed with pal Duncan Smillie, 50, owner of Glasgow Rocks basketball team and a board member of Partick Thistle. 

The mobile phone footage is understood to have been filmed at the Halston Hotel in Carlisle, Cumbria, on Tuesday night. 

A spokesman for Cumbria Police said: “The matter is being investigated to ascertain whether any breach of Coronavirus regulations has taken place

“It would be inappropriate to comment further whilst this investigation takes place.”

Bars and restaurants remain closed under Scotland’s tougher virus curbs but on Monday rules were eased south of the border.

Current restrictions in Scotland also mean people are prohibited from travelling outside their local authority area unless for essential purposes

14 hours ago, gannonball said:

Klimala might be away to NY Red Bulls who seem to want any of our cast offs these days. Another player signed that doesn’t suit our system. Think he would be decent in a disciplined counter attacking team which we never going to be especially under Lennon.

Also the fact he's absolutely fucking gash should be taken into account. 

In the car earlier and put the radio on and it's the Clyde 1 phone in...

"Celtic fans, would you hang on to Patrik Klimala to see if he may flourish under a new manager? "

Eh.....naw, I'll take him to the airport myself, pish.

15 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Lennon has my sympathy and I hope it's not a sign he's in a bad situation, but describing solo pint drinkers as 'lost causes' is surely a bit much.

Maybe I worded it unclearly. I’m talking about solo pint drinkers who are absolutely wasted whilst sitting alone at the bar. A surefire sign of someone with alcohol issues. 

13 hours ago, AJF said:

I disagree. In my previous local there was a regular there. Older guy, retired and in receipt of his pension.

He’d be in the boozer fairly early with his dog and his paper getting some breakfast before enjoying some pints.

He’d then nip next door to the bookies shorty before 3pm, put on his coupon and then take the dog home before heading back to the pub to watch the scores come in with another few pints before heading home.

He was one of the nicest and most content blokes I’ve ever met. It certainly didn’t come across that “something had gone wrong” with his life. Quite the opposite.

At least his whole day didn’t revolve around drink with the regular breaks for betting and walking the dog.

50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

At least his whole day didn’t revolve around drink with the regular breaks for betting and walking the dog.

I don’t get the big issues if it did . The guy was clearly described as retired so can spend his days how he likes.  Nobody knows the guys personal circumstances so don’t see the point in judging the guy. 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Walking the dog and calling in to a pub for a bit is a vastly underrated past time.

Not often I agree with you but if anything the guy sounds like he is living the dream to be honest dug , pub and bookies .  Bet he goes home just in time for dinner being served the jammy b*****d 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Some amount of mental gymnastics goes on when you're an Old Firm fan.

We have the same group of fans condemning everyone who doesn't agree with their exact view of the Kamara events in one thread whilst mocking or downplaying a mans mental health problems in this thread.

Must be exhausting.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Some amount of mental gymnastics goes on when you're an Old Firm fan.

We have the same group of fans condemning everyone who doesn't agree with their exact view of the Kamara events in one thread whilst mocking or downplaying a mans mental health problems in this thread.

Must be exhausting.

This is a fairly wild take on things.

No one is downplaying Neil Lennon's mental health problems in this thread. They're just pointing out that going out and getting really pished doesn't mean the guy is going through a depressive episode, and is actually a fairly normal part of life in Scottish society. Speculating about Lennon's mental health because he got drunk isn't really helpful IMO.

As for the other thread, I don't think it's unreasonable to defend myself when someone falsely accuses me of being a bigot.