The Celtic All Seasons thread

28 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think folk might be reading a bit too much into this tbh. I'm not sure there's that much in it other than a guy who's had too much to drink after a day on it.

Hes spoken in the past about having severe depression, with bouts of heavy drinking caused by that. 

It would naive to think hes not been spiralling for at least a year, as hes been obviously deteriorating throughout this season with Celtic.

He needs help, not victimized. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes spoken in the past about having severe depression, with bouts of heavy drinking caused by that. 

It would naive to think hes not been spiralling for at least a year, as hes been obviously deteriorating throughout this season with Celtic.

He needs help, not victimized. 

My recollection of his previous discussion about depression was that he gets it in episodes lasting a couple of weeks.

I mean, maybe he's going through a depressive episode right now? He also might be like thousands of people today who just got really pished during their first day out in months. It's not necessarily fair on Lennon that every time he does something fairly normal, people immediately conclude it's because he's suffering.

I kind of agree that it’s being made out to be more than it *could* be.

Maybe it has something to do with his mental health state, but if this was a video of a random guy that none of us knew then nobody would bat an eyelid.

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A grown man getting out the game drunk then trying to fight people is a problem mate.

I mean, loads of people get out the game drunk and try to start fights. We've likely all done it (or similarly unacceptable behaviour) and seen it happen loads of times.

It doesn't mean that someone doing that is going through a depressive episode.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

I mean, loads of people get out the game drunk and try to start fights. We've likely all done it (or similarly unacceptable behaviour) and seen it happen loads of times.

I've seen young people do it, yes. Men approaching their 50s? Not so much, with the obvious exception of alcoholics and lost causes who sit alone by the bar. If you don't know your limitations by then, it is clearly an issue. And filming it for people's entertainment is a massive issue.

20 minutes ago, G51 said:

Sorry mate but I’m with @The Real Saintson this one. What you have described is not normal behaviour !!

I think people are making far too much out of this. Not every bad decision or drinking session Lennon goes on is signs of him on some sort of endless depressive spiral.

The guy has got pished and is making a tit out of himself as a result, all in public. But he's hardly done much wrong, so it should be a case of laugh at the video for a second then move on.

History of mental illness or not, he has made a decision to go and get blootered in public. He knows fine well there is a risk his public behaviour gets filmed and shared online. He's not daft.

If he is suffering some depressive episode, you obviously only wish the best for the guy. But as someone who has/does suffer from it as well, it shouldnt be used as an automatic excuse for every bad decision or act he makes.

37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sorry mate but I’m with @The Real Saintson this one. What you have described is not normal behaviour !!

He's not said its normal behaviour. Just that it happens all the time. It will happen in hundreds of pubs and bars across Scotland the day the pubs reopen.

If someone shared that of a random, I honestly wouldnt flicker an eye at it. It's only mildly interesting cause its someone famous.

Its a complete non story.

9 hours ago, DMCs said:

Sad to see. Mentally tortured after fans tried to drive him out the club.

8 hours ago, G51 said:

I think folk might be reading a bit too much into this tbh. I'm not sure there's that much in it other than a guy who's had too much to drink after a day on it.

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Tragic to have it splashed all over social feeds though. 

FC2F0763-0155-4EE1-8641-1682742A070F.jpeg

8 hours ago, G51 said:

My recollection of his previous discussion about depression was that he gets it in episodes lasting a couple of weeks.

I mean, maybe he's going through a depressive episode right now? He also might be like thousands of people today who just got really pished during their first day out in months. It's not necessarily fair on Lennon that every time he does something fairly normal, people immediately conclude it's because he's suffering.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I kind of agree that it’s being made out to be more than it *could* be.

Maybe it has something to do with his mental health state, but if this was a video of a random guy that none of us knew then nobody would bat an eyelid.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

7 hours ago, AJF said:

I’d say folk have lived a pretty sheltered life if they’ve not seen anyone in their 50’s get steaming.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

Aye, pretty much.

Oh dear. Not a good look.

Klimala might be away to NY Red Bulls who seem to want any of our cast offs these days. Another player signed that doesn’t suit our system. Think he would be decent in a disciplined counter attacking team which we never going to be especially under Lennon.

8 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I've seen young people do it, yes. Men approaching their 50s? Not so much, with the obvious exception of alcoholics and lost causes who sit alone by the bar. If you don't know your limitations by then, it is clearly an issue. And filming it for people's entertainment is a massive issue.

I’d argue men approaching their 50’s can’t handle their drink so much and are more prone to getting in that sort of state should they let themselves go. He looks like he needs his bed tbh and the social media attention it’s getting is laughable. A total non story.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I’d say folk have lived a pretty sheltered life if they’ve not seen anyone in their 50’s get steaming.

Yep, bit weird that some people think there is an age limit for getting melted - I imagine I will be proving that point in about 3 weeks time..............

My only thoughts on this is that if he was my mate with a history of illness, I'd like to think I'd be having a quiet word and double checking everything was alright.

If it's just a good day oot, then fair enough. Leave folk to their private lives.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Oh dear. Not a good look.

In what way? You seem to have quoted random posts then gave no context regarding your thoughts.

The majority of said posts are actually saying Lennon getting drunk is not a big deal... don't you agree?