Jump to content
Greenlantern

The Celtic 2020/21 thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Content thats made a c*nt out of what you just said? Oh wait you’re pretending  that you are trolling now.

 

C8895BFB-EB59-480D-A2EC-91955071211B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Content thats made a c*nt out of what you just said? Oh wait you’re pretending  that you are trolling now.

Since we gained promotion to the Premiership, Celtic have outspent us every single season on both transfer fees and wages. The comments that were made about Rangers having to spend X amount to catch Celtic weren't made in reference to the day to day losses, it was in terms of bringing in quality players to make a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Content thats made a c*nt out of what you just said? Oh wait you’re pretending  that you are trolling now.

This should have been your season,  the much vaunted 10 in a row which would finally show the Sevvies their place.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJF said:

Since we gained promotion to the Premiership, Celtic have outspent us every single season on both transfer fees and wages. The comments that were made about Rangers having to spend X amount to catch Celtic weren't made in reference to the day to day losses, it was in terms of bringing in quality players to make a challenge.

The outspending on transfers is nonsense tbh. Alot of our spending is because we sold a better at a far higher price than those that we signed. Our player trading was usually at a deficit until this season I think. I cant remember the last time Rangers* sold a player for decent money tbh. That could all change this summer though. As for the comment about spending I have no idea who said it or when tbh.

Edited by gannonball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gannonball said:

The outspending on transfers is nonsense tbh. Alot of our spending is because we sold a better at a far higher price than those that we signed. Our player trading was usually at a deficit until this season I think. I cant remember the last time Rangers* sold a player for decent money tbh. That could all change this summer though. As for the comment about spending I have no idea who said or when tbh.

It's not really nonsense though - Celtic have outspent Rangers on transfers every season since we were promoted. As such, Celtic's squad has consistently been valued higher than ours with "higher quality" players. Regardless of who you've sold and for how much, the players in your squad have always had a much higher value than ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hunrik? 

If I was a *** I’d be whinging like a bitch about this abhorrent sectarian SLUR!!!!!

 But I’m not and it’s not so we’re good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Gerrard would take Keane, easily. Keane is a well known shithouse. 

 

5 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

How it started : Here we go 10 in a row . Rangers need 100 million to catch Celtic etc etc 


how it’s going : Roy Keane was quite the talented young amateur boxer I believe . I think he could take Gerrard 

He started it. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Stevie G to get slapped first imo.

 

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

 

He started it. :P

Oh no he didn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJF said:

It's not really nonsense though - Celtic have outspent Rangers on transfers every season since we were promoted. As such, Celtic's squad has consistently been valued higher than ours with "higher quality" players. Regardless of who you've sold and for how much, the players in your squad have always had a much higher value than ours.

 

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's not really nonsense though - Celtic have outspent Rangers on transfers every season since we were promoted. As such, Celtic's squad has consistently been valued higher than ours with "higher quality" players. Regardless of who you've sold and for how much, the players in your squad have always had a much higher value than ours.

For me it’s nonsense. Only seeing how much a club had paid out for players  and casually ignoring the quality of player sold and for how much is a very skewed narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

 

For me it’s nonsense. Only seeing how much a club had paid out for players  and casually ignoring the quality of player sold and for how much is a very skewed narrative.

It's nonsense to expect the team that has consistently spent more than their rivals to have the better squad?

The basis of my argument is that we were told we would need to spend X amount of millions on players to catch Celtic. Yet during that period, Celtic have spent more than us on players. Normally this would almost guarantee continued success regardless of who you sell as you should be bringing in higher quality replacements than the opposition can afford but a combination of poor purchases on Celtic's part and shrewd purchases on Rangers' part as well as a superior coaching team meant we overtook you.

Edited by AJF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's strange you think influence is a bad thing, Brown also brings experience and leadership qualities.
For me it's better to have strong individuals at the club fighting for the same goal.

You should probably take a complete break from football, Neil. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic named as number 11 on the IFFHS club of the decade list ahead of Napoli, Spurs, Liverpool and Dortmund :)

Rangers seem to be missing from the list however Aberdeen are in at 138th!!! 

IFFHS

Edited by Jinky67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Ewan Henderson, talk to me

Seems technically very good and decent enough football brain but still probably too lightweight for senior scottish football. Going a bit Da here but Hitting the weights and getting kicked f**k out of in the championship may do him some good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2021 at 15:08, Henrik's tongue said:

Stevie G to get slapped first imo.

 

6 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

 

He started it. :P

 

6 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

 

Oh no he didn’t 

Scott "The Don" Brown imho. What a guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gannonball said:

Seems technically very good and decent enough football brain but still probably too lightweight for senior scottish football. Going a bit Da here but Hitting the weights and getting kicked f**k out of in the championship may do him some good.

I thought Kennedy would have taken the opportunity to give him game time. He looks an excellent footballer but agree that he is very lightweight.

Do you think Kennedy will blood some young players ? Seems pointless picking Brown in the first team again ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought Kennedy would have taken the opportunity to give him game time. He looks an excellent footballer but agree that he is very lightweight.

Do you think Kennedy will blood some young players ? Seems pointless picking Brown in the first team again ??

He should have done that weeks back imo. Loan players etc that we are never signing should also be also used sparingly as well as those definitely leaving . We are basically just treading water right now rather than using the dead rubbers to our advantage to experiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...