The Celtic All Seasons thread

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Been a busy week, a couple of family birthday's and trying to make some shekel's.
What been happening?

Apropos of nothing, you just triggered a memory of mine from about 30 years ago.

My Economics teacher at PHS got onto 15 To 1. He did not too bad, got a couple right, but lost his second and final life to the question: "What is the unit of currency in Israel?" To which the answer is, of course, the shekel.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Apropos of nothing, you just triggered a memory of mine from about 30 years ago.

My Economics teacher at PHS got onto 15 To 1. He did not too bad, got a couple right, but lost his second and final life to the question: "What is the unit of currency in Israel?" To which the answer is, of course, the shekel.

What was his answer smackeroonies? 

No idea what Sheffield Wednesday's problem is here.

🚨
Sheffield Wednesday have launched an investigation into Celtic’s pre-contract signing of their 19-year old midfielder Liam Shaw. The English side say they ‘will consider if there are any further steps available to protect the club’s interests’ after the deal was made public.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Been a busy week, a couple of family birthday's and trying to make some shekel's.
What been happening?

Celtic won the 10, some civic-minded Rangers* fans got together to show appreciation for their native city, Aberdeen are scoring goals like nobody's business & McInnes has got the unequivocal backing of both Board & fans.  Think that's about it.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-celtic-transfer-edouard-20014439

10 million for Jack Hendry. If Lawwell gets that much for him before he leaves he can have his statue.

I think the deal is that Oostende have an option for £2m, which they will take and then they’ll sell him straight away.

Assuming it’s true of course

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think the deal is that Oostende have an option for £2m, which they will take and then they’ll sell him straight away.

Assuming it’s true of course

It’s horse shit but it wont be an automatic loan to buy like you see now with payment deferrals as Hendry had said he hasn’t decided what he wants to do a few weeks back. Sure he’s only got a year left on his deal anyway.

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

Celtic appear to have irked Sheffield Wednesday supporters.

I mean... maybe if the guy wasn't playing in a totally fucking shite and overrated league, he might hang about. 

They seem a strange lot. In one tweet I seen a guy say Celtic would be in league 1 in England and at the same time he’s never going to get a game for us. 

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, bennett said:

No idea what Sheffield Wednesday's problem is here.

🚨
Sheffield Wednesday have launched an investigation into Celtic’s pre-contract signing of their 19-year old midfielder Liam Shaw. The English side say they ‘will consider if there are any further steps available to protect the club’s interests’ after the deal was made public.

Their 19-20 accounts were released. Wages to revenue was at 160% despite cutting £6m from the bill.

This was pre covid. They're fucked and raging they're losing their most profitable asset for about £300k.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Their 19-20 accounts were released. Wages to revenue was at 160% despite cutting £6m from the bill.

This was pre covid. They're fucked and raging they're losing their most profitable asset for about £300k.

Proably not their most profitable asset, but yeah they're totally fucked. The owners absolutely mad.

I have to say, I do enjoy a good bit of English diddy club seethe whenever a promising player has the gall to move to Scotland, and for an absolute fraction of what they'd probably go for if it was to another English club.  See also: Aribo, Dembele and a couple of others I can't quite remember. 

That cross border loophole is just excellent for getting them riled up.  I can only congratulate Celtic on getting another load of them frothing at the mouth. 

Is their issue not that Celtic agreed to not publicly announce the deal until the season had ended, then Celtic just went and told everyone anyway?

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is their issue not that Celtic agreed to not publicly announce the deal until the season had ended, then Celtic just went and told everyone anyway?

Someone should tell them our seasons over.