The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

the clubs a shambles atm. 

Aye.

You can say what you want about Frimpong, but there's not many 20yo RBs better with Champions League experience. 

Selling him, and Dembele, for £8m combined is something I imagine you'll regret further down the line.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

You can say what you want about Frimpong, but there's not many 20yo RBs better with Champions League experience. 

Selling him, and Dembele, for £8m combined is something I imagine you'll regret further down the line.

Doubt they’ve much choice, decent money for frimpong, esp if he’s unhappy. He’s not the best defender and no end product going forward, also Dembeles contract runs out in the summer. 

Guest TheJTS98

Champions League 2nd qualifying round first leg is on July 20-21st. Considering the kind of sides Celtic will have to play in the qualifiers, I find it bizarre that nothing seems to be done in terms of getting a Head Coach in place, allowing him and his team to assess the squad and sort out rebuilding etc before then. It seems almost willful negligence.

Especially considering Rangers' run to the group stages - while hardly a gimmie - is significantly more doable-looking than Celtic's.

Celtic are a very strange mob at the moment. One of these situations that is actually quite reassuring. We're not all mad. They are just run by absolute clowns.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

He's played a total of 12 minutes of a 2nd Qualifying Round match.

Edited by craigkillie

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

Frimpongs never played in the champions league but I do think he has the potential to play for a champions league regular. At the end of the day we have bought a player for 6 figures and sold him for 8 figures so cant regret too much really. I would imagine we will have a decent sell on  profit %age too

As for Dembele we knew he wasn’t signing a new contract since last summer which is why he's barely made the bench for us this season. He probably should have left sooner tbh.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Frimpongs never played in the champions league but I do think he has the potential to play for a champions league regular. At the end of the day we have bought a player for 6 figures and sold him for 8 figures so cant regret too much really. I would imagine we will have a decent sell on  profit %age too

As for Dembele we knew he wasn’t signing a new contract since last summer which is why he's barely made the bench for us this season. He probably should have left sooner tbh.

I think the bigger worry for you is that under Lennon’s tenure, Morrison, Hepburn and now Dembele, who were all touted as exciting talents have all been allowed to move on.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the bigger worry for you is that under Lennon’s tenure, Morrison, Hepburn and now Dembele, who were all touted as exciting talents have all been allowed to move on.

They haven’t been ‘allowed’ though, they turned down new contracts and went to far bigger leagues on much bigger wages. If anything Lennon has a  decent enough record of chucking young players in. We do seem to be losing more players now but the academy’s down south are getting bigger and have transfer budgets. Even if Rodgers was still here I don't know if any of these would have stayed.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's played a total of 12 minutes of a 2nd Qualifying Round match.

Fair dues, had it in my head he'd playing in one of their group stage disasters.

28 minutes ago, gannonball said:

They haven’t been ‘allowed’ though, they turned down new contracts and went to far bigger leagues on much bigger wages. If anything Lennon has a  decent enough record of chucking young players in. We do seem to be losing more players now but the academy’s down south are getting bigger and have transfer budgets. Even if Rodgers was still here I don't know if any of these would have stayed.

We will never know mate. It’s a pity though as it’d been interesting to see if any of them had have stayed given game time.