The Celtic All Seasons thread

STV's Raman Bhardwaj reporting that Jeremie Frimpong is about to be sold. Is abroad speaking to a club. Lennon quoted in his press conference saying that he "made it clear he wants to leave"

Can only assume Celtic have gotten a really good offer, because the last thing they need is to sell yet another player that needs to be replaced in the summer.

Edited by G51

Leverkusen, apparently.  

Also, he's apparently just one of a "handful" of Celtic players who've asked to leave.

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

STV's Raman Bhardwaj reporting that Jeremie Frimpong is about to be sold. Is abroad speaking to a club. Lennon quoted in his press conference saying that he "made it clear he wants to leave"

Can only assume Celtic have gotten a really good offer, because the last thing they need is to sell yet another player that needs to be replaced in the summer.

I would imagine its decent enough money as despite covid we don't really need to sell anyone right now. As poor as he has been this season he only turned 20 last month so still has huge potential and tbh is best getting challenged at a higher level with better coaches.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Leverkusen, apparently.  

Also, he's apparently just one of a "handful" of Celtic players who've asked to leave.

Theres nothing apparent about it really Lennon said months ago theres players that don’t want to be here. I would rather we just get rid of as many that want to leave now tbh and make a start for next season and give a chance to those who will still be here or at least want to be. 

Just now, gannonball said:

Theres nothing apparent about it really Lennon said months ago theres players that don’t want to be here. I would rather we just get rid of as many that want to leave now tbh and make a start for next season and give a chance to those who will still be here or at least want to be. 

Aye but Lennons a slaver who was clearly trying to get the fans to turn on the players instead of him.

Ajer, Frimpong, Ntcham, Johnston, Edouard and Griffiths the names I've seen as requesting to leave as long as Lennon remains.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye but Lennons a slaver who was clearly trying to get the fans to turn on the players instead of him.

Ajer, Frimpong, Ntcham, Johnston, Edouard and Griffiths the names I've seen as requesting to leave as long as Lennon remains.

I’d be surprised if Griffiths wants to leave. He won’t get anywhere near what he is on at Celtic at another club.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would imagine its decent enough money as despite covid we don't really need to sell anyone right now. As poor as he has been this season he only turned 20 last month so still has huge potential and tbh is best getting challenged at a higher level with better coaches.

He has potential, but he has a lot of work to do on his technical ability.

Really interested to see what the fee is here.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d be surprised if Griffiths wants to leave. He won’t get anywhere near what he is on at Celtic at another club.

Random is well established as a compulsive liar on here so would take that list with a pinch of salt. I agree he’s  a home bird too so would only leave with a hefty pay off to a Scottish club so cant ever see Celtic doing that.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

He has potential, but he has a lot of work to do on his technical ability.

Really interested to see what the fee is here.

Yeah final ball absolutely lets him down (both technique and selection)  but he's still young enough to develop that, he had no senior football really before he came to us but developed quite quickly initially would fancy him to kick on tbh. As for fee its hard to speculate really what players are going for right now.

Edited by gannonball

27 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Or just buy an actual right back so your best CB isn't playing right back?

They're apparently loaning a right back to replace Frimpong.

As long term planning at Celtic seems to have gone out the window as they all just sit staring at each trying to figure out what to do with Lennon.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They're apparently loaning a right back to replace Frimpong.

As long term planning at Celtic seems to have gone out the window as they all just sit staring at each trying to figure out what to do with Lennon.

I will say this. It's an interesting throwback to see a club willing to bin millions of pounds worth of talent to keep a dud manager.

Hilarious too.