The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

The club has went dark and made no comments on anything since the Livi game. No social media, nothing.

The above is utter nonsense and Peter Lawell has never been hailed as a hero.......ever

Scoops done a vanishing act. 

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The club has went dark and made no comments on anything since the Livi game. No social media, nothing.

The above is utter nonsense and Peter Lawell has never been hailed as a hero.......ever

I seem to recall the sharp suited man being lauded by the celtic support for many years, celtic fans wouldn't hear a word against him...

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy

9 hours ago, bennett said:

I seem to recall the sharp suited man being lauded by the celtic support for many years, celtic fans wouldn't hear a word against him...

That's not true at all. They were always whinging about Lawwell for as long as I can remember right back to when John Reid was chairman.

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

16 hours ago, bennett said:

16 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

More unsubstantiated nonsense 

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

That's not true at all. They were always whinging about Lawwell for as long as I can remember right back to when John Reid was chairman.

Who then was the guy that I’m fairly sure was (sometime ago) referred to as ‘Saint Peter’ please? 

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Who then was the guy that I’m fairly sure was (sometime ago) referred to as ‘Saint Peter’ please? 

Aye obviously there will be some probably even quite a few Celtic fans that rated him but this

19 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

gives off the impression he was universally beloved which just wasn't the case. My impression from was that Celtic fans were generally quick to slag the board but were supportive almost to a fault of their players and management to a fault (for example with Tonev or sticking behind Deila for long after it was apparent he wasn't up to it).

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye obviously there will be some probably even quite a few Celtic fans that rated him but this

gives off the impression he was universally beloved which just wasn't the case. My impression from was that Celtic fans were generally quick to slag the board but were supportive almost to a fault of their players and management to a fault (for example with Tonev or sticking behind Deila for long after it was apparent he wasn't up to it).

To be fair, there are some boardroom figures who Celtic fans hold in a similar reverence despite making a hash of things.

Fergus McCann, for example. They won't hear a bad word against him despite his decision to float Celtic on the stock exchange being directly responsible for Dermot Desmond's vice grip over the club, which they cannot remove.