The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

3 month since Lenny said this. So glad things haven’t deteriorated. 

What this video proves is that Neil Lennon has his own best interests at heart and not those of the club and particularly the fans. 

The utter contempt and arrogance he is now showing has ruined any legacy he will have hoped to preserve. No one cares right now about our recent treble, quadruple trebles and 9 in a row, we care about the here and now so telling fans to have some perspective and that he wont walk away is the ultimate f**k you to the fans.

But it all points to those upstairs who dragged their feet and seeming cant or wont make a decision. 

I'm now resigned to seeing this p***k in the dugout for the rest of the season he and players like Scott Brown after last nights showing have badly let us down and need to take accountability for it.

48 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No one cares right now about our recent treble, quadruple trebles and 9 in a row

Glory hunting b*****ds 😂 

Do you walk away from your job when things get tough or you make mistakes?

14 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Glory hunting b*****ds 😂 

Do you walk away from your job when things get tough or you make mistakes?

No however i also don't reflect on past glories or would they hold much weight if i was currently underperforming in my role. I'd be expecting to be held accountable for poor performance in the here and now and if not then there needs to be questions asked of leadership above me.

But then who i work for see their customers and their experience as the most crucial thing to get right. Celtic not so much

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No however i also don't reflect on past glories or would they hold much weight if i was currently underperforming in my role. I'd be expecting to be held accountable for poor performance in the here and now and if not then there needs to be questions asked of leadership above me.

But then who i work for see their customers and their experience as the most crucial thing to get right. Celtic not so much

“I don’t reflect on past glories.” 

So why have you got Billy McNeil as your image and Jinky67 as your name?

😂 

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

“I don’t reflect on past glories.” 

So why have you got Billy McNeil as your image and Jinky67 as your name?

😂

I changed my picture to Billy in tribute when he passed away and have never changed it, hes a hero of mine and Jinky is my all-time favourite player and someone who had a significant influence on me when i was younger. 

I assume that's acceptable to be a grown man and still have heroes?

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I've said before win lose or draw i'm a Celtic fan, if you do not care about winning 9 titles and quad trebles and invincible seasons you're just making yourself look silly.
You're judging Celtic on one season yet your expectation is from the seasons gone by.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've said before win lose or draw i'm a Celtic fan, if you do not care about winning 9 titles and quad trebles and invincible seasons you're just making yourself look silly.
You're judging Celtic on one season yet your expectation is from the seasons gone by.

Animated GIF

As i've also said before Willy, we live in the present not the past. Achievements of the past are just that something to be remembered, celebrated and to set the standard for the future but they do not provide you an acceptable excuse for when performances fall this far below that standard nor do they afford you the right to start treating your fans like shite.

The real question is Willy are you happy? Are you happy seeing the team regress at the rate it is? Are you happy seeing players who have quite clearly sacked it? Are you happy watching our captain and manager abdicate their responsibility? If you are fair play to you but to me and the vast majority of other Celtic fans aren't

Edited by Jinky67

NL interview post match Livi
Available here at 1.32.30
[emoji23] 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094mfd0

Thought his interview was reasonably balanced tbh. He can’t say that he’s already given up on catching Rangers this term and also admits that carelessness and indiscipline have put the team where they are, in comparison with this stage last year, going into the final 3rd of the season.
He might have offered at least some credit to Livi following their back to back performances against his side perhaps, but other than that (knowing he’s going to get another grilling on dropping another two points), I’m not sure what else he could say.

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The real question is Willy are you happy? Are you happy seeing the team regress at the rate it is? Are you happy seeing players who have quite clearly sacked it? Are you happy watching our captain and manager abdicate their responsibility? If you are fair play to you but to me and the vast majority of other Celtic fans aren't

We've posted about expectation before, I take the good and the bad you only take the good you want blood and point the finger when things are bad.
I don't play the blame game you throw the toys out the pram.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We've posted about expectation before, I take the good and the bad you only take the good you want blood and point the finger when things are bad.
I don't play the blame game you throw the toys out the pram.

Then be happy

Be happy that both you and our boards apathetic approach is delivering the results that you both deserve. 

But lets be clear, i dont want blood, i want change and as a current shareholder who spends a lot of money with the club then thats my right as it your right to take up the arse from them and seemingly enjoy it 

21 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Then be happy

Be happy that both you and our boards apathetic approach is delivering the results that you both deserve. 

But lets be clear, i dont want blood, i want change and as a current shareholder who spends a lot of money with the club then thats my right as it your right to take up the arse from them and seemingly enjoy it 

We are all frustrated with the way the season has went so far,spending dosh on the club is down to an individuals choice if you're not happy with that then don't do it using it as a right to complain is a different mentality. 
It's possible Celtic could win nothing this season I'm not happy with that no Celtic fan would be.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We are all frustrated with the way the season has went so far,spending dosh on the club is down to an individuals choice if you're not happy with that then don't do it using it as a right to complain is a different mentality. 
It's possible Celtic could win nothing this season I'm not happy with that no Celtic fan would be.

£2400 quid on season tickets this season to watch on Path to Paradise Willy. Paid it without question to keep our seats despite the fact we are 1 household and you are offered no concession for that. 

The club essentially pleaded with us to give them that support and not ask for refunds, we did that without question because thats what supporters do. 

Now when we have questions we want answered they remain mute, that loyalty isn't reciprocated.

So i then reserve the right to voice my opinion, i deserve that when i feel the club isn't delivering on its own promises to fans. We deserve better and yes that also includes you

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I admire your positivity Willy but ffs, you’re like a dog with a bone, let it go. We are Celtic fans not Lennon fans. You’ve backed every fucked up decision, on and off the field, this season and it’s getting nauseating. You’d have to go back to Brady to find a worst season, and we weren’t in a position of dominance like we were when he took over. Barnes was sacked for similar and he’s became a figure of fun. It just doesn’t get worse than this, well we still got a few games to play so It might. 

For the record, when Barnes was sacked

P20 W13 D2 L5 F56 A20 Pts 41

(Rangers were 10 points ahead with the same number of games played).

This season:

P22 W13 D7 L2 F48 A18 Pts 46

(20 points behind with 2 games in hand)

Don't know why anyone tries to get through to willy, absolute cult adherent who will believe every bit of the anti Irish, anti Catholic shite that is being spouted to try and deflect from the shambles that the club has made of itself recently.

8 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Don't know why anyone tries to get through to willy, absolute cult adherent who will believe every bit of the anti Irish, anti Catholic shite that is being spouted to try and deflect from the shambles that the club has made of itself recently.

You’re def right, can’t be arsed reading what he has to say anymore, I’ve got a good idea what it’ll be anyway.