The Celtic All Seasons thread

The design of the league set up was always going to put Celtic as the chasers this season,Celtic were never going to have the momentum in the first half of the season.
Finishing off last seasons Scottish cup was always going to put Celtic two games behind the rest plus the Scottish government cancelling another game because of covid.
Sevco's consistency has been impressive but in reality it's only a defeat and a couple of draws in the second half of the league season to get parity.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The design of the league set up was always going to put Celtic as the chasers this season,Celtic were never going to have the momentum in the first half of the season.
Finishing off last seasons Scottish cup was always going to put Celtic two games behind the rest plus the Scottish government cancelling another game because of covid.
Sevco's consistency has been impressive but in reality it's only a defeat and a couple of draws in the second half of the league season to get parity.

You lot wanted last years Scottish cup games to be played and ignored the coronavirus rules.

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The design of the league? Just a reminder that Rangers were away from home to Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingston in the first round of fixtures and we will have played them twice away from home before the split arrives. If anything, the fixture list favours Celtic this season.

I agree entirely that the gap is not as wide as some people are making out, but the “design of the league” is way down the list of reasons as to why Celtic are currently chasing Rangers.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

The design of the league? Just a reminder that Rangers were away from home to Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingston in the first round of fixtures and we will have played them twice away from home before the split arrives. If anything, the fixture list favours Celtic this season.

I agree entirely that the gap is not as wide as some people are making out, but the “design of the league” is way down the list of reasons as to why Celtic are currently chasing Rangers.

Maybe you missed the bit where I said sevco's consistency has been impressive with no crowds how significant is a home or away fixture?
My parity and momentum point in the first half of the season is more significant,the distorted look of the league points total so far creates the wrong perception. 

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fecking hell, just noticed this post

Absolute comedy gold Willie

Go on have a greenie 

Michael Gannon in the papers saying that Celtic are:

a) not selling Edouard in January

b) going to sell him before his contract runs out in 18 months time

c) expect to get over £30m for him

Am I the only one that thinks it's unlikely that Celtic will exceed the Dembele fee for a player who's older than Dembele was when he was sold, has EL experience instead of CL experience and can be signed for nothing in 12 months time?

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Michael Gannon in the papers saying that Celtic are:

a) not selling Edouard in January

b) going to sell him before his contract runs out in 18 months time

c) expect to get over £30m for him

Am I the only one that thinks it's unlikely that Celtic will exceed the Dembele fee for a player who's older than Dembele was when he was sold, has EL experience instead of CL experience and can be signed for nothing in 12 months time?

Considering the best offer reported for him has been about £12m there’s no way we’ll get anything near what’s reported today. He might turn up at ibrox if he fancies a move in jan. 

14 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Considering the best offer reported for him has been about £12m there’s no way we’ll get anything near what’s reported today. He might turn up at ibrox if he fancies a move in jan. 

Yeah, I don't really understand the valuation that's being pushed. Maybe part of it is Celtic genuinely think this is the most effective way of stopping teams bidding for him, but I'd be pretty surprised if any team took it seriously. In the highly likely event of you settling for less (whether in Jan or the summer), it will just make Lawwell look a bit daft.

Edited by G51

I feel like the club must have accepted their last chance of getting decent money for him died when he didn't leave or sign a new contract in the summer. If rumours are to be believed, PSG have anything from a 25-40% sell on clause depending on who we listen to, so if it was going to be £12m, we'd almost be as well not bothering considering we spent £9m on him. No chance of even coming close to Dembele dollars.