The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

The only logical explanation to this is Celtic are struggling to find a replacement for him, right?

In my opinion yes or they aren’t willing to pay what Neil Lennon is wanting to go however if not it’s incredibly short-sighted.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

In my opinion yes or they aren’t willing to pay what Neil Lennon is wanting to go however if not it’s incredibly short-sighted.

Desmond's not short of a few quid, especially since he hasn't been able to spend it at the K Club recently. I can't imagine the cash is a problem.

There's an opportunity for Celtic to rip everything up here and get a good DOF first and a manager later, but doing so likely concedes the league. Tough call.

Is it not possibly a digging in of the heels as a GIRUY to those outside Celtic Park after the game on Sunday?

5 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Is it not possibly a digging in of the heels as a GIRUY to those outside Celtic Park after the game on Sunday?

Absolutely could be, it’s not something I would want to believe because it then suggests they do not have the clubs best interests at heart and they are allowing ego to make decisions.

But it could be

50 minutes ago, G51 said:

The only logical explanation to this is Celtic are struggling to find a replacement for him, right?

44 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

My guess would be it's a lack of a succession plan. Complacency basically. I genuinely don't think they've considered they might have to replace Lennon until Sunday afternoon. 

They could maybe have written off a failed European campaign just now and revisit his position further down the line with the assumption that they'd cuff County and win their games in hand. Getting binned out the LC and the fact the players have quite clearly downed tools changes all that.

On 30/11/2020 at 11:38, wastecoatwilly said:

No chance it's only the diddy cup,what was it 36 cup games fecking magic.

i have one eye on the tv while looking through the thread, first glance of your message, i just picked out {diddy, 36 cup, fecking magic}

homer-simpson-drooling-a.jpg

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

12 hours ago, Romeo said:

Theses are all 100% genuine . A Muslim looking guy who dropped his wallet in the St Enoch centre sent them to me because I was so honest and gave him it back 

Very Lutheran, not really what you expect from Celtic Park, tbqh.

12 hours ago, Romeo said:

Theses are all 100% genuine . A Muslim looking guy who dropped his wallet in the St Enoch centre sent them to me because I was so honest and gave him it back Polish_20201201_061315236.jpegScreenshot_20201201-061358_WhatsApp.jpegIMG-20201201-WA0000.jpegIMG-20201130-WA0002.jpeg

i've lurked on the kerrydale website while i munched into a big bowl of popcorn, and more than once i've seen ''sleekit'' & Kennedy in the same sentence.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

I don't think so.

IMO the Celtic board won't be wanting to be seen to be bowing to fan pressure after the carry on the other night as it could be seen as setting a precedent that all the fans have to do is start throwing fences about and attacking police to get their way. Hopefully the Celtic board had fully intended on replacing Lennon but the Selik fans fucked it for themselves. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Absolutely could be, it’s not something I would want to believe because it then suggests they do not have the clubs best interests at heart and they are allowing ego to make decisions.

But it could be

What?!? Egos in charge of football clubs??!?  It’ll never catch on!! 

17 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't think so.

IMO the Celtic board won't be wanting to be seen to be bowing to fan pressure after the carry on the other night as it could be seen as setting a precedent that all the fans have to do is start throwing fences about and attacking police to get their way. Hopefully the Celtic board had fully intended on replacing Lennon but the Selik fans fucked it for themselves. 

The kind of replacement that you can get in December in a poor run of form in this COVID market is night and day from what is possible next summer.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Ha no. Just meant there's been loads of ex team mates defending him lately.

Not very lately eg Sutton , and possibly even Walker have changed their tune

Caldwell seems to be sticking with him