The Celtic All Seasons thread

4 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

^^^
Oh, I so hope this is true emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

It's very true.

Malky Mackay expected to come in to take over the Director of Football role once he gets his redundancy from the SFA. Lawwell didn't want to pay the money to the SFA to release him as cash is tight at Parkhead, due to Lawwell's £2m bonus for reaching the Scottish Cup final.

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lennon hasn't lost an away game apart from the dead rubber at Cluj since he came back.

Fairplay for sticking by your man.. Lennon is a clown and the reason sevco will win the league.  Beaten 1-4  by Sparta Prague reserves who havnt played in a month... oooft..  

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

It's very true.

Malky Mackay expected to come in to take over the Director of Football role once he gets his redundancy from the SFA. Lawwell didn't want to pay the money to the SFA to release him as cash is tight at Parkhead, due to Lawwell's £2m bonus for reaching the Scottish Cup final.

Mackay and Duffy will get on. Very similar views.

23 minutes ago, G51 said:

Didn't want to post this on a public forum, but I have ITK sources within Celtic Park who told me that Mark McGhee is lined up to take over until the end of the season, when John Kennedy will take over from him permanently.

Apparently the bookies aren't even taking bets on McGhee for this reason.

There would be a revolt if Mark McGhee came in to replace Lennon in my opinion

Celtic need to spend money on this, big big money such is what is at stake. We spent 9 million bringing in Duffy and Barkas which ironically was Pochettinos salary at Spurs 😂Far fetched and fantastical I know however it would have been 9 mil better spent even if just for a season. The point I’m trying to make though is for the money we spent on Ill-judged signings we could have addressed the manager position with someone we know can develop the players 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Mackay and Duffy will get on. Very similar views.

Definitely. Especially given Celtic look likely to buy Duffy outright in the summer. Incredible value to get a player with that kind of EPL experience for £6m.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

There would be a revolt if Mark McGhee came in to replace Lennon in my opinion

Celtic need to spend money on this, big big money such is what is at stake. We spent 9 million bringing in Duffy and Barkas which ironically was Pochettinos salary at Spurs 😂Far fetched and fantastical I know however it would have been 9 mil better spent even if just for a season. The point I’m trying to make though is for the money we spent on Ill-judged signings we could have addressed the manager position with someone we know can develop the players 

I think the reason that Poch doesn’t have a job is as he’s waiting for his ‘dream job’ at Celtic so he can sample the ‘special’ atmosphere of Champions League Nights first hand.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Far to early to say that. I’m not sure Rangers have the mentality although undoubtedly are a much improved side.

A quick gander on any Celtic site will tell you that Lennons lost the dressing room, the fans and with every interview it seems the plot too...

A man on the brink...  If they keep him and I fully expect they will they have no chance.. 

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

But aye no doubt the in Lenny we trust brigade will come along shortly to talk about trophies he has won etc etc, no only the now matters. 

Paul Lambert on Sportsound tonight

talking mince. He conveniently forgets about the money advantage Celtic have , and the ( lack of ) competition especially in the league

P.S. #### off Dryhorse you tartan

7 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

So you feel the only issues celtic have are in europe? Happy with how everything else is going?

Actually they did o.k. last year and could have been out of sight of Copenhagen in the first half of the away leg

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the reason that Poch doesn’t have a job is as he’s waiting for his ‘dream job’ at Celtic so he can sample the ‘special’ atmosphere of Champions League Nights first hand.

We can dream 😂

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

A quick gander on any Celtic site will tell you that Lennons lost the dressing room, the fans and with every interview it seems the plot too...

A man on the brink...  If they keep him and I fully expect they will they have no chance.. 

He’s been on the brink for years.

Write off Celtic at your peril.

Former Celtic captain Paul Lambert backs those critical of on-loan Southampton midfielder Mohamed Elyounoussi for being caught on his phone after being substituted during last night's Europa League defeat by Sparta Prague.

"He's letting the club down, he's letting the great Jock Stein down, the Lisbon Lions down - Celtic is an organisation, not just an ordinary football club," he tells BBC Scotland.

"If you don't take it seriously, you will be found out. What that guy done was let everybody down.

"Neil Lennon will be riling as I know what he was like as a player. Your team is getting the runaround and you are on your phone."

Asked what Lennon can do to change the culture, as promised, Lambert adds: "You've got to get the ones out that you think are going to let you down and you need the better ones round about you."

Jesus Christ 🤣🤣

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Former Celtic captain Paul Lambert backs those critical of on-loan Southampton midfielder Mohamed Elyounoussi for being caught on his phone after being substituted during last night's Europa League defeat by Sparta Prague.

"He's letting the club down, he's letting the great Jock Stein down, the Lisbon Lions down - Celtic is an organisation, not just an ordinary football club," he tells BBC Scotland.

"If you don't take it seriously, you will be found out. What that guy done was let everybody down.

"Neil Lennon will be riling as I know what he was like as a player. Your team is getting the runaround and you are on your phone."

Asked what Lennon can do to change the culture, as promised, Lambert adds: "You've got to get the ones out that you think are going to let you down and you need the better ones round about you."

Jesus Christ 🤣🤣

Brother Walfrid would have been turning in his grave.