The Celtic All Seasons thread

Sutton is the equivalent of Neville for Man United.  Blames the board, blames the players, blames COVID, blames Donald Trump, blames Jaws the shark.  Anyone but their mate, who happens to be the person picking the players, formation and tactics.

37 minutes ago, G51 said:

Your away form has improved because your away games have been against Killie, Dundee Utd, Ross County, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Aberdeen. In the two tough games there, you dropped points. Even the games you've won, you almost threw them away, with the exception of Ross County.  Granted, the Lille game was a good result.

What happens in this half of the season now when you go away to Fir Park, the Tony Macaroni, Easter Road and Ibrox?

Posting about European games separate from domestic games maybe you missed that.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes,Celtic managers are not removed for their results in Europe we would be changing them every year if that was the case.

This isn’t just about results. He called out the attitude of the players and said the culture has to change. He is directly responsible for the culture change.

The culture of Celtic prior to Lennon is one of a high performing, hard working, high intensity, highly developing and successful football team. 

We are still successful in terms of trophies however we are no longer performing, working hard, playing with a high intensity or developing. This is a massive failure on Lennon’s part and this is why he needs to go. The failure to improve the obvious weaknesses in the team is his failure, he has had enough time to evidence some improvement and he hasn’t done that.

Covid isn’t an excuse either we were savaged by a team who suffered the same issues we have.

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

This isn’t just about results. He called out the attitude of the players and said the culture has to change. He is directly responsible for the culture change.

The culture of Celtic prior to Lennon is one of a high performing, hard working, high intensity, highly developing and successful football team. 

We are still successful in terms of trophies however we are no performing, working hard, playing with intensity or developing. This is a massive failure on Lennon’s part and this is why he needs to go. 

Wasn't fitness and work ethic one of the first things Ronny Deila called out when he replaced erm Neil Lennon?

f**k me!

You win everything domestically for years, are richer than every other team in Scotland (probably combined if you exclude your twin), but you don’t have favorable status in Europe (or weak referees) and you spit the dummy, toys oot the pram?

Fucking.
Wake.
Up.

You could win the league with Bart Simpson as manager but it would upset the *old firm* apple cart too much

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Sutton is the equivalent of Neville for Man United.  Blames the board, blames the players, blames COVID, blames Donald Trump, blames Jaws the shark.  Anyone but their mate, who happens to be the person picking the players, formation and tactics.

Did you know the model of Jaws the Shark was nicknamed ‘Bruce’ by the production team ??

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did you know the model of Jaws the Shark was nicknamed ‘Bruce’ by the production team ??

Here comes Jaws, Jaws the Shark.

image.jpeg.3cfeebfe8638b338a6de736be3503b69.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

We are still successful in terms of trophies however we are no longer performing, working hard, playing with a high intensity or developing. This is a massive failure on Lennon’s part and this is why he needs to go. The failure to improve the obvious weaknesses in the team is his failure, he has had enough time to evidence some improvement and he hasn’t done that.

Covid isn’t an excuse either we were savaged by a team who suffered the same issues we have.

You know my position and I know your's so good luck with that, hope you prove me wrong and all that jazz.
I don't see the sense in going over old ground every time there is a good or bad result.

2 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I would imagine there’s a few players who want a move away from Celtic.

I’m certain Lennon is trying to get the best out of this squad.

I’m also certain Mark McGhee has his CV typed up ready to go.

Didn't want to post this on a public forum, but I have ITK sources within Celtic Park who told me that Mark McGhee is lined up to take over until the end of the season, when John Kennedy will take over from him permanently.

Apparently the bookies aren't even taking bets on McGhee for this reason.