The Celtic All Seasons thread

49 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What ye all thinking of David Turnbull. 

Monday office blues got me interested.

Thought he looked class, don’t think he gave the ball away once. Albeit he come on once we were quite comfortable however I’d have him starting 

On 16/09/2020 at 09:28, Dons_1988 said:

I've never understood why people can't grasp that replacing an established £20m (or whatever relative to the club) player with an as yet undiscovered £20m player is actually quite difficult.

Why can't Celtic's youth academy " produce " another one ?

50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did Turnbull have the opportunity to move out with Scotland or were Celtic the only club scouting him ??

At this point I think it was only Celtic. However he did have a move to Norwich all but done before he nearly went to celtic the last time.

I understand it. He get a big wage bump. He stays close to his family, he's not uprooting his bird. I also think he has a decent chance of starting at Celtic once they see him at his best if he gets back to it.

Anyway, he's dead to me.

What ye all thinking of David Turnbull. 
Monday office blues got me interested.
Very good. He's only had fleeting appearances off the bench so it was good to see him get a full half. Drops deep to get the ball, has an accurate shot, delivery and pass all of which are very inconsistent with Christie. Many fans have been wanting him to start recently and I'm sure he'll get a lot of minutes in the rest of the season.

40 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

At this point I think it was only Celtic. However he did have a move to Norwich all but done before he nearly went to celtic the last time.

I understand it. He get a big wage bump. He stays close to his family, he's not uprooting his bird. I also think he has a decent chance of starting at Celtic once they see him at his best if he gets back to it.

Anyway, he's dead to me.

Cheers - wasn’t sure what options the boy had.

36 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

IIRC with Norwich they wanted him to start in their u23s (which is the level Reece McAlear was playing last season when he signed for them) and work his way up. Which is fine and everything as Norwich were an EPL club last season but it always seemed that he'd be far closer to Celtic's first team.

Also, it's not simply the case that he appeared on Celtic's radar when he started pinging them in for our first team. They (and Rangers) had been trying to sign him since he was 9 and was in our academy. https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/17705446.gordon-young-celtic-rangers-chasing-david-turnbull-years/

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

IIRC with Norwich they wanted him to start in their u23s (which is the level Reece McAlear was playing last season when he signed for them) and work his way up. Which is fine and everything as Norwich were an EPL club last season but it always seemed that he'd be far closer to Celtic's first team.

Also, it's not simply the case that he appeared on Celtic's radar when he started pinging them in for our first team. They (and Rangers) had been trying to sign him since he was 9 and was in our academy. https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/17705446.gordon-young-celtic-rangers-chasing-david-turnbull-years/

Aberdeen were after him for years too.

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:
2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Did Turnbull have the opportunity to move out with Scotland or were Celtic the only club scouting him ??

Barca, Real and Bayern were all desperate to land him but he chose Celtic .

Tbf, there are some fuckwits in Scotland that given those options would make that choice 😂 

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

551D9889-9ED7-47C0-A804-69BEFDD116ED.gif

9 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I think he mainly signed for us to annoy you

Seems to have worked a treat.

If he gets game time, which it looks like he is starting to get, it can only help him develop as a player.

Not seen a lot of him but he is held in very high regard by Well fans - does it look like he’ll be as good as or better than Christie ??

If he gets game time, which it looks like he is starting to get, it can only help him develop as a player.
Not seen a lot of him but he is held in very high regard by Well fans - does it look like he’ll be as good as or better than Christie ??
He seems more dynamic and Christie seems to have gone a bit stale. Would be good to see him get a few starts.