The Celtic All Seasons thread

I thought the government said - as part of the self isolation on return - that people returning from Spain etc would be checked up upon to make sure they were self isolating? 

How did a professional footballer manage to get to Spain and back then manage to take the field? 

I thought the government said - as part of the self isolation on return - that people returning from Spain etc would be checked up upon to make sure they were self isolating? 
How did a professional footballer manage to get to Spain and back then manage to take the field? 
I guess because they aren't following people around to make sure they are complying? Probably just a phone call at some point during the however many days isolation. These things mainly rely on trust and 70%-90% of people doing what they are told.

Once again it's a slap on the face of fans who have sacrificed seeing family members/friends for months, who have also ploughed their hard earned money into the club, who have bought season tickets without knowing when they'll see a game live and it will be the fans that lose out again if they delay us getting into the grounds or indeed suspend the football again.

1 hour ago, resk said:
5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I guess because they aren't following people around to make sure they are complying? Probably just a phone call at some point during the however many days isolation. These things mainly rely on trust and 70%-90% of people doing what they are told.

I get all that - but what are the chances of somebody combing a flight manifest seeing the name Boli Bollingoli, most likely flying to and from Glasgow and thinking 'haud on a minute?!' 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

This is hilarious. All the shenanigans about ending the season, league construction etc. And Premiership clubs couldn't run a raffle draw. Hopefully Wee Nick shuts you down.

You do understand that it wont just be the Premiership that is shut down?

The lower leagues will also not restart which means that many of these clubs will be in serious trouble.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I appreciate you may have some inside knowledge, but there is nothing in the Scottish government's actions that suggest that bringing back football was against their wishes. They included the return of elite professional sport at Stage 2 in their roadmap out of coronavirus, which kicked in at some point in June. There were certainly still issues with contact training and so on at that point, but there is no reason to suspect that they didn't want football back full stop.

The meeting with Leitch today occurred after this incident, so I'm not sure how this story should affect any of that, unless he's expecting Celtic to have invented a time machine to go back and tell him not to do it.

No inside info - you just have to listen to what the SG have been saying all along and what NS herself said in the press conference. They didn't want elite sport back this early but agreed to it, with caveats. One being it's only top flight back right now and not the lower SPFL divisions, and players were expected to follow strict criteria to start training. They couldn't have elite sport at say stage 3 and have football before other sports so I would imagine the route map fitted the narrative of the times - the SPFL pushed pretty hard to get football back. Regards Prof. Leitch and yesterday's meeting - did Celtic fess up at the time or has this emerged subsequently...? 

Edited by cmontheloknow

53 minutes ago, Green Day said:

You do understand that it wont just be the Premiership that is shut down?

The lower leagues will also not restart which means that many of these clubs will be in serious trouble.

The lower league re-start is two months away, plenty of time for a pause. 

I get all that - but what are the chances of somebody combing a flight manifest seeing the name Boli Bollingoli, most likely flying to and from Glasgow and thinking 'haud on a minute?!' 
Then what next if that happens? Send a polis round to sit outside his house for two weeks? Tell him to remember he's a pro footballer so he definitely has to obey the law?

Also, is he that famous? It's only fitba. A fair percentage, majority maybe, of people in this country DGAF about the game, much less know the name of Celtic's pishy backup full back.

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The lower league re-start is two months away, plenty of time for a pause. 

If players are going out in 7 households for food and drink and others are off for a bit of sun sea and etc in countries currently blacklisted, then it may be a pause full stop - no training, no nothing.

3 minutes ago, resk said:

Then what next if that happens? Send a polis round to sit outside his house for two weeks? Tell him to remember he's a pro footballer so he definitely has to obey the law?

Also, is he that famous? It's only fitba. A fair percentage, majority maybe, of people in this country DGAF about the game, much less know the name of Celtic's pishy backup full back.

You didn't seem to grasp this on the AFC thread about the Soul 8 - Return to Training and Return to Playing protocols don't allow for what the Dons players did and Bolingboli is in breach of countrywide law about going to Spain as well as those. Scottish Govt want players to go above and beyond and while that mightn't sit well with you for whatever reason, it is what is going to happen as a result of these 9 morons. I am a Dons fan but have ties to Pollok - we have had players furloughed for months and this kind of carry on is only going to damage smaller clubs and our ability to get back playing ourselves.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

If players are going out in 7 households for food and drink and others are off for a bit of sun sea and etc in countries currently blacklisted, then it may be a pause full stop - no training, no nothing.

No training, nothing is how you could describe the lower leagues just now. Pre-season usually runs for 5 weeks, the re-start is 10 weeks away. SG could easily call a 1 month pause and it will have no effect on the lower leagues. 

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

No training, nothing is how you could describe the lower leagues just now. Pre-season usually runs for 5 weeks, the re-start is 10 weeks away. SG could easily call a 1 month pause and it will have no effect on the lower leagues. 

I guess it just depends on what the SG does but Leitch has said that the Aberdeen incident hasn't helped the prospects of getting fans in and BB doing something daft / dafter could knock that into 2021. That will affect all clubs desperate for things to get shifted towards normal. Clubs are hibernating in England - we've yet to catch that cold but I feel it's coming. 

Clubs are training now though. That could be stopped.

Edited by cmontheloknow

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Shut it down, void the season etc.  If only to piss of the idiot hearts and thistle fans when it dawns on them that there can be no promotion again.

Haha rent free with the seethe - at least they're not bothered 😋🤣🤯

12 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The Betfred Cup starts in 8 weeks. A one month pause would knock a week off pre-season training.  Appreciate that most clubs use the Betfred as part of their preparations for the league but any pause will have an effect on the lower leagues albeit that a month wouldn’t be huge.